Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF1 challenges.

my only suggestion after Lich, is to not fight the other fiends, and go through many of the dungeons to get the magic casting items. The WHITE SHIRT would be very useful in making physical attacks almost useless against your character. That's my only tip

THE JACKEL

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

do you mean the extra dungeons in the GBA version?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    thanks. i should be o.k as long as he doesnt use sleep and if i level up a lot.
    EDIT: i dont think ive levelled up enough. im on lvl 33 and can take off 120-150 HP per shot and he has 1200 HP. his spells do 120-140 damage and if i get paralyzed or she casts sleep survival chances are slim. ill need to get to just over level 35 to be in with a chance because theres about a 1/100 chance of me winning this. i can take off half of his HP at best but then he kills me so ill need more levels.my monk can do 8 hits but i would like to know if its possible to get higher than that without casting haste.

I havn't played it much latley and am probs only half way in so don't know a great deal about the game. But in almost every other FF there is an item/ability which grants auto haste. Is there something like that available. Maybe an auto regan, or a specific item that protects from paralysis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    do you mean the extra dungeons in the GBA version?
    no I mean go into the seashrine, then the floating castle. Normally I do that to get excalibur before fighting Kary anyways, but with a solo monk, you can do that to get the White Shirt I mentioned in the floating castle. You'd also be able to get a ribbon along the way

THE JACKEL

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

BANG ribbon, theres the answer to your paralysis problem dwarfy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

when i beat lich i suppose i should go and get some good stuff before kary. lich should be gone before the end of the day though.
    EDIT:i think i should leave the earth cave and train up more because i dont think i have enough potions to last for long down there and if i stay for too long i will run out of potions and wont be able to escape.im on level 34 and i think ill need to be higher than that to resist most of liches sleep and paralyze attacks.i would like to know the earliest stage of the game that you can get a ribbon at because these status effects are the main reason i die so much.i dont think ill continue this challenge because it doesnt involve much skill and strategy and its mainly leveling up and attacking so its sorta boring.
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 03-20-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Hey, 4 monks would be easy, since once they reach level 10 they're killing machines.

Hah, 8-bit Theater. classic. "Hey, how did BM make that glacier explode with a knife?" or something like that.

Well, I tried the 1 white mage challenge on DoS, and it wasn't that hard at first. I got as far as beating Garland, then gave up when I had to proceed.
    Front-wards, back-wards, anyway you see! Such a strange spell to swish-swish-aree! Tceles Nottub B. Swish-swish-aroo!

I've only beaten FFI, but I'm close to beating FFIII for FAMICOM!

YAY FOR CHOCOBOS!

DON'T FORGET MOOGLES! :mog:

I am going to try 3 black mages and 1 white mage

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wait, BftD, what version are you playing? (Unless I'm blind and you already said it...)

Quote Originally Posted by Slam Dancin' Moogle
    Hey, 4 monks would be easy, since once they reach level 10 they're killing machines.

Hah, 8-bit Theater. classic. "Hey, how did BM make that glacier explode with a knife?" or something like that.

Well, I tried the 1 white mage challenge on DoS, and it wasn't that hard at first. I got as far as beating Garland, then gave up when I had to proceed.
    4 monks would have been too easy.
    BM on 8-bit theatre after hacking at the iceberg and it explodes goes " why did it have to explode?"
    and these solo challenges are boring and need very little skil and just constant boring leveling.

I have passed it with 4 monks its easy.
    4 wizards is harder
    and I think that 4 white mages is the hardest
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50KB filesize limit. Please refer to the Signature Service thread in the Help Forum for the rules regarding signatures.

~Void