Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF1 challenges.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Default FF1 challenges.

i was thinking of attempting an FF1 challenge such as 4 white mages but maybe something more difficult because i know that the 4 white mages challenge due to high level healing magics is not perticularly hard but is only very time consuming.i was thinking of doing a 4 monks challenge. what do you think a good challenge for FF1 would be.im playing the GBA version.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Just one White Mage or one Monk with no class change.
    Figaro Castle

interesting. i suppose the monks lack of magic would make it an excellent challenge and it would be hard enough to get the rats tail with only one monk and the stats dont change much at class change so i dont think i will. sounds good and ill start it right away.ill try and keep this updated.

Solo monk isn't that hard. They can kill Chaos in a few hits because their fists ignore defence.
    Sigless

its mainly getting to chaos thats difficult and im also planning on after i defeat chaos to defeat omega ands shinryu seems as this is the GBA version.ive not got very far seems as i started it rather late last night but i think im nearly ready to take on garland.my monks level 5 so ill get him to 7 or 8 then Buy a bundle of potions.
    EDIT: i defeated garland with ease.my monk was on level 8 and it only took me 3 turns to take him out with barely a scratch. the pirates were different though. i fought them at level 10 and seems all nine of them can do over 50 damage when they focus on my lone monk it makes things hard due to only being able to use potions to heal. i levelled up to level 12 and then i only just beat them because of high health. im in elfland currently at level 16 and i am preparing myself for marsh cave. im planning on getting 99 potions and a lot of tents then i should have a good chance. this cave was tricky with 4 characters so im sure it will be fun to try it with a solo monk (whom i named after Duncan from FF6.).the ability to only heal 50 HP a turn with potions will be a problem and my estimate is that i will be ready for it at about level 25.and also fists do not completely ignore armour ratings because im currently on lich and the damage i do to him is under 1/3 normal damge.
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 03-14-2006 at 09:17 PM.

every day i see my dream Bowser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    such as 4 white mages
    four white mages? it'll never work. :rolleyes2

try not buying any items at stores. just using magic to heal yourself. I tried it, it's pretty hard. no class change is fun.
    eh?

the ability to only heal 50 HP a turn with potions will be a problem and my estimate is that i will be ready for it at about level 25.
    that's funny, cause in the original version, level 25 is a good level to beat the game

THE JACKEL

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser
    such as 4 white mages
    four white mages? it'll never work. :rolleyes2

try not buying any items at stores. just using magic to heal yourself. I tried it, it's pretty hard. no class change is fun.
    nice 8-bit theater reference.if youd have read the whole thread you would have known ive already started my challenge. its a solo monk challenge. magic is better for healing than items but the monk has no choice but to heal with items which makes things tricky.also not buying items at store is nearly impossible because you dont regain full HP and MP at level ups and hardly any enimies drop ethers and there wouldnt be enough droppped items to keep yourself healed for long.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I'm currently trying a WAMFOC challenge, in which you are only allowed weapons, armour and magic from the first town. Any items are allowed including weapons and armour that execute spells when used, I should imagine they are essential later on in the game. It hasn't got too hard yet, but it's going to get insane later on.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

good luck with that challenge. it shouldnt be too difficult with a couple of monks.

Thank you, but I'm not using monks for that very reason.

My party looks a little something like this:
    Warrior
    Black mage
    White mage
    Red mage

update: ive just given the nitro powder to nerrick so ill be on my way to the earth cave.marsh cave was tricky and i died a lot but the boss wasnt too difficult and i beat them first try at level 22 but lost most of my health.i fought astos on level 23. the only reason it took so many tries to beat him is because of his death spell. id imagine that the vampire would go down easily but lich will be a different thing.
    i beat the vampire at level 28. i got lucky though, i got 2 critical hits and he didnt do his paralyze attack, took me a couple of tries but i did it. ive gave the star ruby to titan and talked to the sage. now im going to get to lich and hopefully defeat him. can anyone tell me what his attacks are on the GBA version so i know what im up against and how i should fight him.
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 03-12-2006 at 12:06 PM.

I'm not 100% sure on these. I know he has Silencera, Blizzara, Thundara, Fira, Fast, Slow, Sleep, and an attack that Curses.
    Sigless

thanks. i should be o.k as long as he doesnt use sleep and if i level up a lot.
    EDIT: i dont think ive levelled up enough. im on lvl 33 and can take off 120-150 HP per shot and he has 1200 HP. his spells do 120-140 damage and if i get paralyzed or she casts sleep survival chances are slim. ill need to get to just over level 35 to be in with a chance because theres about a 1/100 chance of me winning this. i can take off half of his HP at best but then he kills me so ill need more levels.my monk can do 8 hits but i would like to know if its possible to get higher than that without casting haste.
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 03-13-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Solo Monk Challenge + Paralyze + Sleep = Fun fun fun!

I believe 8 hits is the highest.