Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: >> Why do you draw/create art..

Spelt her username wrong

I like designing stuff and one day I hope to be a fashion designer or anything to do with design...and I think drawing is fun!! Go drawing stuff!!
    :kaolook: http://lunarescence.deviantart.com/ find my work here:kaolook:

I like to make people go 'WOW'. For me, if someone isn't impressed with an artwork I have made, then I haven't accomplished my goal. I just like to see people light up when they see one of my cartoons or paintings, it's a nice feeling

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    Its just like any other kind of job so is not sickening as you said..
    I may not have worded it correctly or something.

Nobody expects to just make artwork and get money. If you just made artwork for the sake of making money, but without actually loving art (or whatever you do) then that would be sickening, to me. I'm sorry if I didn't explain it correctly.

Yes, professionals would make money. But not after awhile. (Or if they had "connections". )

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

cool thread

I only started drawing consistantly a few months ago, until then i hadnt that much interest in it. I would draw something maybe every few months(if even) for someone who needed something, like a logo for a business, building or drawing for bands who needed a page with artwork and theyre name to start out. I didnt really enjoy it then.
    What got me back into it was probably going to college and doing it as an course there. it was stupid of me to go and do something that i didnt have much interest in but i thought i would cos i could draw/paint or whatever. Luckily enough from there ive found i enjoy it much more, and post on eoff. For me now, it would be for expressing my feelings with a pencil, looking at the reaction i get from people who me work, and to do it professionally

Str8 Pimpin'

Well, to me it's an expression of my soul or my emotions.

casual mind slip

Why? I don't know? It just happens. And it helps me to focus on one thing and I forget about my problems and such. It's like therapy. Also, you never know the outcome of it, well atleast for me. So to look at it from a further distance, it can be rewarding.

I draw just because I like art, I sang and played musical instruments just because I like everything to do with art. Very few times I draw what's in my head, if I did, it would take a very long time, and would most likely be very strange. <3.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I create art because it feels amazing to be able to capture beauty and show it to the rest of the world. I would like to be a professional photographer, and I would like to eventually be paid for my work. But more than that I'd love to be able to capture images that mean something, that make people feel emotions, and that expresses something powerful and beautiful and timeless.

Camoflauge! Camoflauge! Shine On...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    I like to make people go 'WOW'. For me, if someone isn't impressed with an artwork I have made, then I haven't accomplished my goal. I just like to see people light up when they see one of my cartoons or paintings, it's a nice feeling
    thats pretty much exact
    Sig please.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I draw whenever I get that rare urge to do so. It's always for fun.

I create music videos because I have fun doing it. I post them up on youtube far all to see and enjoy, and the response that I have for what I make is good.

I love to do it. I love to impress myself and others.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    All of those except the "money" part and to be praised part

I draw to express my imagination.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I draw to get the ideas in my head into a permenant form. I've forgotten many a cool idea because I didn't get it down. Also, as strange as it sounds, my ideas feel trapped in my head unless I let them out, through artwork, storywriting, etcetra....

I consider myself an amateur in the traditional sense of the word 'for love', not for money. Not that I disaprove of professional artists. I just do not have the drive and ambition to work as hard as professional artistry entails. I like being able to pick my own subjects.