Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: >> Why do you draw/create art..

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    All of those except the "money" part
    I agree with her. I draw because I want to express myself, my feelings, ideas, imagination and emotions in a single drawing. Its one way of showing yourself to others (well, that's what I believe). And sometimes, I just draw for fun, and then get compliments and praises as I'm very known for my drawings.

So..yeah... hehehe!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    But are you really a professional if you don't make money?
    n.

1. A person following a profession, especially a learned profession.
    2. One who earns a living in a given or implied occupation: hired a professional to decorate the house.
    3. A skilled practitioner; an expert.

I am a professional at solving issues!

I practice my graphic art because I want to be able to express myself skillfully.

I draw to calm myself.

Edit: Now that I think about it, drawing usually leaves me frustrated...
    Last edited by moldybread; 03-30-2006 at 11:41 AM.
    Treat yoself.

This signature was made by Sapphiresea.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like making things that are pretty. or if not pretty, then admirable in some way.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    All of those except the "money" part
    and make a difference to those that see my art.

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    Its for fun?, to express something you池e feeling?, to make money selling it?, to get praised?, do you want to become a professional artist?, to make a gift?, to get better?, because you love art?, etc..
    Actually, all of those: I've been drawing since i could hold a pencil, 've been going to drawing workshops in the week-ends since i was 9, and studying and following artschool since i was 14. ^^So i've always been busy with art, no matter what form.
    And yeah, all of those, even the money part. Now that i'm going for graphic illustrating, you also have to think a bit more commercial^^which i like to do (many different assignments, trying to achieve certain goals with certain details, there's the extra challenge). But i guess a lot of people also would hate the idea to draw commercially , but hey, that's what i'm doing now (among many other things and styles^^)

i don't know any other way to explain but this,
    i draw, so that when i am finished, i can look at it, and say to myself "i drew that"
    to give a drawing a life of it's own and be part or 'creating' something, but of course i've been drawing for years now, and have done visual and fine arts courses ect now, so i will also say, in the beginning, i drew... because i loved dragonball z
    and my purpose in life at that time was to recreate anything that came from dragonball z
    but also i mean i'm a muso, 7 years of playing guitar so, amongst other things so at the same time i seem to swamp myself in anything 'creative'
    maybe i'm just wierd

To show that if I try to do something I can. To myself and to others. Besides I want to get good at it. It's fun and I love the artitstic groups.

...for all those reasons above...

and because I NEED to - I need to create something every day or I'd be more insane than I am now!

Sometimes its just baking or gardening or interior decorating or sewing or mending or ironing (creating order out of chaos) But when I burst with an idea I need to stop all else and do it. It even gets me out of bed early in the morning (when nothing else would.)

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I create art because of several reasons.

The main reason is that of myself: I create art as an expression of the emotion and inner workings of my conscious. Thusly, the art I create many times becomes somewhat surreal and expressionistic on its own. I am attempting to take the ethereal realm of the human pysche and place it on a concrete medium, such as pen and ink upon paper. I despereately try to take that which is only an prospective notion and make it something tangible, in other words. Something seen out of something that was nothing more than an inner vision that no one else but me could see or feel.

My art is largely compromised of telling a story, a mood, and a philosophy.

Sometimes I draw for myself, and other times I draw for others. I draw dragons, daemons, tattoos, logos, portraits and the like for those that wish for me to do so.

My girlfriend commonly recieves drawings and other artistic endeavors made by me.

I give her a rose and it will one day die.

I draw her a rose and its colour and existance will never fade - for as long as she holds to it, the rose shall ever be there expressing my love.

That, in its purest sense, is probably one of the main reasons I draw - to see her happiness in something so small, yet ultimately meaning so much.

hmm..i mostly like drawing anime cuz it's fun...and the best part is...when your finally done with the picture u smile and give yourself a pat on the back.
    having your bf break up wit u and saying 'we can still be friends' is like havin your dog die and your mom saying u can still keep it.

don't ever frown..because u never know if someone will be in love with your smile.

(`'テつキ.テつク(`'テつキ.テつク* テつ、 *テつク.テつキ'テつエ)テつク.テつキ'テつエ )
    テつォテつエテつィ`テつキ..テつ、 **ChiBIkiD**テつ、..テつキテつエテつィ`テつサ
    テつク .テつキ'テつエ(テつク.テつキ'テつエ * テつ、 *`'テつキ .テつク)`'テつキ.テつク

I draw because i can express myself. I can draw without anyone say they were any limits to it. All you have to do is hold a pencil, bit of paper and imagination.
    First you broke my heart...
    then you just had to step on it.
    </3

because i can show off my photoshop skills ( or not lmao) at school and.. doing gfx is fun

also anime is cool to work with and i <3 anime so.. yesh :3

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Дエ)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Because I'm bored and I feel like it. And because it is fun.
    Last edited by scrumpleberry; 05-17-2007 at 11:14 PM.

it makes me feel happy,mad or upstead when i draw, but mostly i feel calm.
    or happy mostly calm
    Offline/Online