Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: islands closest to heaven and hell

Default islands closest to heaven and hell

I’m playing this game for the first time and I am just under half way through…some one told my that the islands closest to heaven and hell are great places to get some experience and also draw points how ever when I went to the island closest to hell, I couldn’t get on the island…is there a trick to getting on it or am I just over looking the obvious

Thanks
    b

i bet you dont have the ragnarock yet you cant get on it with the garden
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

It very difficult. The first time you step on it you will die.

We all know it's true.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You won't with encounter-none 8)

Both islands holster enemies at lv. 100. T-Rexuar, Marbralo, Chimera, Tri-face, Ochu, Greindel. Lv. Down will work at some times but no all the times. But if you encounter a Marbralo or Chimera run quickly. Cause if Bad Breath or Aqua Breath hits you, GAME OVER!

Marlboros are unfair. They kill me everytime.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's why you get doomtrain and cerberus junctioned with berserk, confuse, and your choice between bio, esuna, aura, and probably something else I've forgotten since then xD

Give Quistis Initiative, lower her HP, and use Degenerator at the beginning of every battle. Problems solved.

To protect yourself from Bad Breath, junction Pain, Berserk, Confuse and Sleep to your ST-Def.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 03-12-2006 at 09:02 PM.

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

If you have the Ragnarok, just get out like you usually do. Make sure you're near the ground or it won't let you out. I don't think you have to do anything special before to go on the island, but I don't know cuz I went to them later on in the game. But everyone else is right, they are hard. ONLY if you're not on a good level though. I find the Island Closest to Heaven is easier, but the hell island has better items to get from the ememies, BUT WATCH OUT FOR MARBOROS!!! They're on BOTH islands. Oh and the draw points are invisable. They have really good spells like Meteor, Ultima, Aura ect, so just run around the coastline of the whole island and keep clicking. Good luck!!!

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

My situation with ff8 is this… I was in the middle of the battle between the two gardens and I kept getting my ass handed to me on the first major boss so I decided to go back to an old save slot and try to build up my levels on the two islands…reading your posts makes me think it was a bad idea though…well at least while I am still on the 2nd disc

Thanks for the input
    b

Where is the Ragnarok is it available on the 2nd disc? or do i have to wait for a later disc

Increasing your level won't actually make things any easier, since the enemies level up as your characters do. Try drawing/refining some better magic to improve your junctions.

You won't get the Ragnarok till you're over halfway through disc 3.

Defeat Marlboro
    4xStaf Def Junction:
    Pain (Poison, Darkness and Break, i think...?)
    Confuse
    Berserk
    Sleep

All x100 and have that person with treatment abilitiy, then heal everyone with treatment, simple, eh? Just the extraordinary amounts of HP will get ya, summon Ifrit or Cerberus then cast triple firaga (using expend 3-1) then you're well on your way!

Oh yeah, Chimera's aren't so bad, let Rinoa loose with angel wing (take off all the crappt stuff like elemntals and leave her with meteor and Curaga) and then all enemies are rendered useless, but you don't have that yet, right?

So umm, yeah! I didn't know you could get to them via the Garden, it might be a little advanced for you though, so save the instant you step there!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth's Cage
    Marlboros are unfair. They kill me everytime.
    i killed some marlboros.... with odin, of course!!!

do not go it is hard as heck to beat heck you cant beat the islands but still do not go
    the game of deaths is mine to play but the game of life belongs to another entirely

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Low health Quistis+Initiative+Degenerator is really the most effective way of leveling up there. It's up to you whether you want to ruin leveling up or not though I personally thought it was hilarious

It also felt good to finally sneak attack a Marlboro..