Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: islands closest to heaven and hell

i hate those two islands especialy the island closest to hell
    the game of deaths is mine to play but the game of life belongs to another entirely

thereisafroginmystomach Evolavas's Avatar

I would reccomend at LEAST lvl 60 before trying to train there..

It's always nice to sneak attack a Malboro.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by crystal shards
    Actually, being level 1 is probably better. I don't know if the monsters there level up with you or what, but that's the case for the rest of the game anyways.

thereisafroginmystomach Evolavas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levian
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal shards
    Actually, being level 1 is probably better. I don't know if the monsters there level up with you or what, but that's the case for the rest of the game anyways.

Actually they're lvl 100 no matter what your lvl is.

It's the one exception to the lvling thing.

Yeah, Marboros are definitely not fair with all the disadvantage attacks...
    Hmm, I seem to remember eating monsters in this game, haven't played in years though, I think that eating technique helps a bit...damn I can't remember anything about a game I loved, I'll have to play it again some time.

I also *think* this is where you get the materials for clouds Lion Heart weapon zingy(Thingy for a russian)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Low health Quistis+Initiative+Degenerator is really the most effective way of leveling up there. It's up to you whether you want to ruin leveling up or not though I personally thought it was hilarious

It also felt good to finally sneak attack a Marlboro..
    exactly, and like ET and you said it can kill malboro immediatley, no problem.

Don't level. Just draw all the magic you can store, learn the right abilities, and boost your stats by junctioning. You can be at level 20, and if you have the right abilities learned (look to gain AP, not EXP), you can own anything.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

When on island closest to hell ( i prefer hell)
    Get lionheart,ergheiz (i always have irvine in my party:P)get exeter
    then get zell's duel and kick all the monsters back to hell
    or you just cheat with quistis :P
    and marlboro' are easy
    when you get bad breath just get that acid attack on you characters and simply run away it always succeeds when i am doing it so

The trick in Island Closest to Hell/Heaven, if you are at a low level is to first get odin, go to one of the islands, and go into random battles, when you enter one, always run from it, eventually odin will kill the enemy's giving you great exp points(and believe me, odin appears more casually than you think. Of course he appears randomly, so sometimes he can appear 2 times in a row, and others, not appear for a long time)

This is a great tip for low levels, I havent played in a long time, but if I remember one monster gives you always one level or more of exp. This is much more quicker than training with weak monsters .

Hey can someone show me where the island closest to heaven is....cant find it

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thumbs up

im sorry , but i was lookin up some stuff about ff8 and ive played it years ago and ive just resently played it for old times sake, i here that there are alot of people havein problems with islans closer to hel/heaven, year there hard to begin with, but simple answer , train and get good at it, there is loads of ways to kill marlboro, but i have squall ( level 100) zell ( level 80) quistis (level 67) and i can kill them in 3 rezokokens and i dont even have the lion heart ! just learn how to kill them in diferent ways and ul find what suits u best!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Drawcast demi works, or triplecasting it.

It's better to go to the islands at a low level, then use the amazing exp given out (lol t-rexaurs will net you almost an entire level) with stat increasing abilities to uberize your stats.

this is assuming that you use a simple way to kill the monsters quickly before they kill you.

I degenerated a hexadragon in my friend's game and quistis got 4 levels, everyone else got 3.

and myself I usually cast meltdown and have selphie tripple cast meteor, with expend 3-1, it's quite good, kills anything there fast.