Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Virtue - Beaten

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Absolute Virtue - Beaten

After almost 30 hours of battling, the Limitbreak LS on Odin managed to bring Absolute Virtue down to 51%

Suffice to say, I am awed and amazed.

Edit: After they got AV down to 51% AV did benediction and regained 46k and went back to 99% health. xD

But yeah, major props to the LB linkshell for doing something no other group of players has been able to do so far. This is one for the FFXI history books.
    Last edited by Miriel; 03-13-2006 at 07:57 AM.

>.< Benediction!
    I wish i had that much HP..

Holy crap, I'm amazed they got it down to 51%.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Well after the first 2 hours of them fighting it it had apparently run out of wynavs and stopped 2hring as well for quite some time. Let me give a rough run down as I watched this very closesly ^^

-Popped... fought normally til it stopped 2hring and stopped summoning Wyvnavs (First time this has EVER happened)

-Someone accidentally CFH'd it and they had to wait for it to reset kinda and it got it's powers back

-Didn't do so well fighting... couldn't get it below 98%. They would nuke volley with 8 BLMs to take it to 98% but it would immediately own the BLMs and regenerate to 100 in around 30 seconds. They tried to make it run out of wynavs, 2hrs, etc again.

-They had a group of people hold it over night so that the rested LS could take it the next morning. This involed bringing low level jobs and sacrificing them while taking advantage of Hymnus to reraise them.

-Once they resumed they had the same problems... couldn't get it much past 97% now (with 95 or 96% being their record at this point)

-At the 22ish hour mark they said they would give up if their last plan didn't work.

====A little explanation=====
    Al'taieu is split into 2 seconds. The Northern part of the map is accessible only by the back sides of the crags. From the northern side there is a one way auroral updraft that will take you to the southern half. It is all one map with only a small piece of wall between the two halfs
    =======================

-They decided to pull it to the top most portion of southern Al'taieu and have the mages nuke it from the northern side out of range of its wrath so they wouldn't just immediately die.

-It worked and they somewhat quickly whittled it down to 51% and then out of nowhere after about 20 hours of not 2hring and casting Meteor over and over... no wynavs... It summons 6 wynavs... meteors and comets the BLM group and starts 2hring including Benediction and EES spam (which missed often quite hilariously)

-Over the next several hours they got it down impressively low several times.... 84, 74... 60... always benediction. They eventually gave up.

======================

One thing to note is that when it was at 51% it benedictioned for 46613 HP. That would put it's total max HP at around 100k. But later it benedictioned at 95ish% for 11k. Umm... if you do the math that would make it have WAY more than 100k. Something obviouslyi happened after the first time they got it down so low.

This was an incredibly impressive and epic feat. Currently they seem to have a solid strategy but the big problem is getting around it's Benediction. The Dev team somewhat admitted at the Fan Festival that AV might not be beatable. Apparently the Dev Team themselves haven't yet done it -.-

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Amazing....

.... thats.... thats.... that should be documented.

I am.... stoked.

Blog Entries

Any pics of the monster? As I haven't been playing for a while this is the first time I've heard of this guy but, this seems extremely hard and that they did very well to do that much damage on him. Cool.

Model Viewer says hi.

Actually, this attachment is just an Aern, but it's the model AV is based off. Anyone else reminded of Jenova by it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I wonder what the reward for defeating it is.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

There are a couple of things people assume it drops based on .dat files.

Minerva's Ring
    Mars' Ring
    Belladona's Ring
    Ninurta's Sash
    Raphael's Rod
    Some GK

Pretty sure there are others as well.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dark crystal.

Well some people got 2 wind crystals only after beating Kirin so it MIGHT happen..>_>

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

I was gonna think it might be some kind of... Proof of Omega-esc Item.

that would suck.

this boss seems to be the hardest to take down in all the FF games.

The developers have not even beat Absolute Virtue yet, someone asked at the fan festival and after laughing amongst themselves they answered with "Um.. let us try again and get back to you."

I also heard they jokingly answered alot of questions though so it might or might not have been done.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

what are the monsters skills?