Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Virtue - Beaten

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

WHM MELEE FTW!

They shouldnt be celebrated! !!! They used a cheating tactic to do it! As I read some where in a forum elswhere "congradulations for beating the blind, deaf, and immobile old lady to death " So these ppl should not be celebrated at all.

Though I do cangradulate the LS that got it down to 51%. That is a massive accomplishment.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentsinnerdemon
    They shouldnt be celebrated! !!! They used a cheating tactic to do it! As I read some where in a forum elswhere "congradulations for beating the blind, deaf, and immobile old lady to death " So these ppl should not be celebrated at all.

Though I do cangradulate the LS that got it down to 51%. That is a massive accomplishment.
    The LS who brought it down to 51% used the exact same tactic that was used to defeat AV all the way. And no, it was not a "cheating" tactic that they used. At most they exploited a glitch but maybe using the terrain to their advantage was how Squeenix intended for AV to be defeated, but in either case they didn't cheat in order to bring down AV.

Actually rather or not it's cheating depends on the GM you are talking to.

A LS was jailed for using the wall less than 24 hours before this LS took it down and had a GM cheering them on. Several times since people have both beaten it with this tactic and been jailed for trying to use this tactic.

Most recently a LS was jailed and was told 3 different things by 3 GMs.

One SGM said it was "skating just inside the rules as long as you take some damage"

Another GM said they were straight up cheating and if they did it again could get suspensions.

A 3rd GM told them it was totally okay and even appeared in Al'Taieu trying to help them with tactics and telling them where to stand.

This is just like the holding rule. It's okay for a LS (especially a JP LS) to hold an HNM or PH mob for however long they want and one GM will say it's okay as they are entitled to do whatever they want with claimed mobs... while at the same time another GM will say that even if you are damaging it if you don't kill it fast enough it counts as holding. A LS on our server got jailed after taking 3 hours killing Tiamat.... they got him down to 10% and another shell called a GM saying they'd been fighting it for too long and they were jailed and some received suspensions.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Since I don't have much knowledge on FFXI, I just have a question.

So, is this thing pretty much the toughest optional FF superboss? And, is it possible to beat without using this certain equipment setup?

Just curious.

No it is not possible since if you EVER manage to drop it to 51%(which is a feat in itself) it will use Benediction ability and regain all the life he has lost EVERY SINGLE TIME.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Explain "jailed".

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it known how this equipment setup affects the boss? (Like, how it makes it not spam-heal?) Or is it just and unknown bug at this time?

It is the way develpers wanted it to be, however players did not know that until they tried it out themselves. Developers dont tell you anything and you have to figure it out yourself.

Jailed-Jailer NMs you must kill for item pop AV i think.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero
    Explain "jailed".
    You get chucked into the jailhouse of Vana'diel otherwise known as Mordion Gaol for violating ToS or pissing off a GM by calling him a "douchebag".

People have actually managed somehow to get AV to stop using Benediction. It was thought that having a WHM melee it with a particular jailer weapon was the secret because it seemed to work several times but not long ago a group was using that tactic with a WHM and jailer weapon and AV still used Benediction over and over.

Basically you cannot beat AV without using the wall because it's basically impossible for any group to survive his AoE attacks for long enough to put a dent in him. Beyond stopping him from using Bene the secret of the wall lies in a ton of BLMs nuking him without being touched.

Still it's horribly unfair that someone groups can manage to beat him using the wall while others are jailed and/or suspended for doing the same thing. When fighting AV it's more of a gamble as to 'are we gonna get caught' than it is actually beating him with the only knowing tactic. Very similar to King HNMs where it has nothing to do with your skill of beating the monster but in who has the fastest 3rd party programs to illegally claim the monster.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I was hoping they teleported your character into a jailcell and you had to stay in there for some time. Like a real jail your character was locked up in.

Blog Entries

haha and you ahev to beg for food and maybe even get raped bt big Elvaans

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Has AV actually dropped anything yet?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries