Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Hayes leaves South Park.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I really dont think Hayes would have lost his job for saying anything. It wasnt that sort of show.

If he had such a high moral core or such respect for religions, he never would have joined the show in the first place. The <i>first episode ever</i> was a huge dig at Christianity. It could not have taken him this long to realize that the show mocks religion. And also, I think Matt and Trey would have said he long had a problem with it.

On Monday, Stone told The Associated Press, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith in Scientology...He has no problem - and he's cashed plenty of checks - with our show making fun of Christians."
    Issac Hayes did not desperately need the South Park job. He is perfectly fine financially, and can get work elsewhere. If this bothered him, he could have left long ago. But it didnt. He didnt care when they mocked Christian (repeatedly), Jews (pretty much every episode), and Mormons (who had the exact same episode as Scientology, almost). So he doesnt really have a leg to stand on.

I respect Hayes as a musician, as a composer and as a voice actor, but one should know when getting involved with a satiric comedy (Which South Park clearly has been since the frikken beginning of time) that a satire is meant to be controversial, and the controversy itself is completely derived off of offensive material.

At least he's leaving on good terms with Matt/Trey.

I don't see them killing him off.. but I do see them having him leave town or something, keeping the door open for Chef/Hayes to come back if so needed.

As if killing a character off on South Park would prevent them from coming back at some point anyway...

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

South Park is more hilarious now than ever, and that's hard to say for any show. His leaving will not really change that.

I thought that episode was funny. I mean come on... Scientology.

Scientology itself is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    South Park is more hilarious now than ever, and that's hard to say for any show. His leaving will not really change that.

Seriously. This guy Hayes is pretty much stating that South Park can make fun of any other religion or philosophy, but it is not ok for them to make fun of his own religion or philosophy.

Whatever, it's still his choice to quit, and he can do so for any reason he deems appropriate.

-LYCHON

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko

I almost died laughing when the words 'Note: This is what scientologists actually believe." appeared at the bottom of the screen.

That's not to say it’s particularly less believable that every other religion out there but still pretty funny.

*proudly wears "Save Katie" t-shirt*

Scientologists make me sick.......Tom Cruise, Isaac Hayes, L. Ron Hubbard (#$&* YOU!) are all pitiful. I mean, I GUESS believing something about aliens creating our universe, and eventually taking it back is as unbelievable as some giant ethereal entity creating our universe out of nothing, and never shows any proof of his existence, but it seemingly came out of nowhere! I mean, 5 years ago, NOBODY actually knew what Scientology was....

I havent actually seen that particular episode of South Park yet.

I feel sorry for poor Matt & Tre. Theyt have christians hating them for Bloody Mary, jews hating them for Passion of the Jew, scientologists hating them for Trapped in the Closet, mormons hating them for All About the Mormons, and I bet Sally Struthers and Barbara Streisand are still pissed about their episodes. Those people remind me of Kyle's Mom. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell............................"
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually miss the Scientology episode. I only remember getting to watch it once.. :sad:

Quote Originally Posted by The Devourer of Worlds
    I almost died laughing when the words 'Note: This is what scientologists actually believe." appeared at the bottom of the screen.
    I did too

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    I feel sorry for poor Matt & Tre. Theyt have christians hating them for Bloody Mary, jews hating them for Passion of the Jew, scientologists hating them for Trapped in the Closet, mormons hating them for All About the Mormons, and I bet Sally Struthers and Barbara Streisand are still pissed about their episodes. Those people remind me of Kyle's Mom. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell............................"
    No reason to feel sorry for them, they know going into every episode who they're gonna piss off. It's not like they're surprised by the fact that they say these things and then someone is offended.

Besides, they get paid plenty of money to make everyone angery

I just realized how close to April Fool's Day we are.
    Think about it.

They just showed a preview for "The Return of Chef"

Something is amiss, my friends.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Just in case anyone is actually considering taking up Scientology as something of substance, wrap your mind around this:

"L. Ron Hubbard's son, L. Ron Hubbard, Jr. claimed in 1983 "99% of what my father ever wrote or said about himself is totally untrue."

Source: http://members.cox.net/batchild1/transcript/pbs1.htm
    Source 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_hubbard

-LYCHON

This is in smurfing sane. People really cant take a joke these days, so to Hayes south park as gone too far once it starts making fun of Scientology? Hell the first episode I ever saw was Jesus boxing the devil, one episode showed the true form of god as looking like a mix between a beaver and a alligator, they had the head of the Catholic church being a giant spider and telling the priests to have sex with little boys. And you know what, I find it funny as hell! They had a mormon episode, and they are constantly making light of Judaism, and nobody I know takes it seriously.

Way to sum up everything that has already been said in this thread.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    I just realized how close to April Fool's Day we are.
    Think about it.

They just showed a preview for "The Return of Chef"

Something is amiss, my friends.
    ...You don't think...

Those clever bastards.