Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What's so Bad About X-2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    Tavrobel: i know fighting omega and ultima weapon from VIII and he went into a pattern no curaga or anything like that yet he's in the boss hall of fame, Paine is a girl and very feminine why else would she play dress up.the new generation plays old games like me i'm 14 and i played 1,2,6,8,9,10,10-2 the new games are better they show emotion and pain because kids don't just buy final fantasy the buy it if it has high scores so they put emotion into it so the real critics will give it a good score and someone new will try to play it. paine is made to be mysterious and rikku and yuna have already been developed so why do it again.whoa im black you cant say something like that you cant compare a living breathing black person to a pixilated girl.i just got the real reason why people hate x-2 it's because it's not as good as ten but its not as good as ten because youre expecting it to be just like it and that is hard to make a good game just like another without mimicing it and fanboys calling it a waste of money. the dungeon is hard because its optional if they wanted to have another easy dungeon with weak monsters they could have but that would have sucked anus the 4 hero drink limit is meant to make a challenge dont want to breeze through it or it'll be too easy the extra plot is the most important plot it's supposed to show you that spira is moving on after sin is gone and how they are trying to get it back together. of course you can feel a girls pain when she loses him but not when she cant get him back
    I don't consider Omega and Ultima to be in the hall of fame at all. The battle was painfully easy. If it is predictable, then at least be a challenge, not random damages that automatically kill your characters without a second thought. It's ok if it does 9999+, as long as it is consistent, in some form or fashion. If it meganukes the attack every turn, that's alright, as long as there is a way to survive at least one of the attacks. (Yunalesca's Mega-Death; used often, but being a zombie stops it, and technically, it should heal you, but FFX doesn't need that thorn sticking out).
    And yeah, I can say slaves are like pixilated characters, because at one point, they were considered property, not people. If I wanted to relate real, live, breathing black people now, I would have said so (and gotten shot by my friend in the process).
    And as I said, FFX-2 is good if you compare it to everything else, but to the other FFs, it does not stand a chance. It not need mimic, but whatever you put into it, it must work. FFX-2 has many elements that make it great... unfortunately, these qualities don't work together to make a greater, more cohesive game. It's just like a chemical formula without heat, electricity, a catalyst, etc...
    As for the Hero Drink, one could add a monster that had a 1/256 drop rate. No one said they had to be completely unlimited, just hard to obtain, rather than have them as a missable one time item. (You can't even use them in the same game as you acquire them).
    The last point about Yuna's pain, is that she can get Tidus back. This most certainly follows the path of history of flawless victories 100% of the time. So, uhh, Waterloo... great day for Napoleon. He won EVERYTHING he wanted, with minimal loss. Wait, he lost something (soldiers); that completely disproves my last paragraph. Every victory is a loss, and every loss is an uber unfun pain.
    The plot itself is not a nuisance (I enjoy the whole idea that Yuna is trying to fix a planet that has no idea what to do, what they are used to and lived with is now gone, a constant has gone missing, and they are trying to rebuild). It's not the story, it's the process in which it proceeded. Paine just copies Charlie's Angels, so I don't REALLY have a problem with that, but it can get... rather annoying.
    The original intent of MAKING FF, was to convey emotion, and to survive. What we have here, is another case of going mad with power, depending on your loyal fans to support you, and using pop culture to attract new players with perverted, and soft-core-esque plotlines. You say yourself, that emotion is the main point of the story. Besides moping around "ohh, I can't live without Tidus", she could try doing something about it without other incentive, or moving on, rather than staying stuck on the same process over and over. Every victory has a loss; it's a fact of life.
    SO RPGs are about battles??????? Gimme a break, starting from FFVII, FFs have ALWAYS been story based, smurf the fighting.

You wanna talk 'bout hard RPGs, Shin Megami Tensei is what you should be talking 'bout:fencing:

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

thank you deathknight and i love shin megami i borrowed it for a day and was hooked

anyway tavrobel if they arent i know angra mainyu or whatever is and he is easy like the rest because of cry in the knight and charon

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

all neon like

Overall, the game was alright. The music, graphics, and battlesystem were pretty good..but I was really disapointed by boss battles, the only one that was a challenge was Paragon. I have to say I was really disapointed with the final boss battles, I expected a tough fight..
    some of the dialogue was kind of dumb (and I mean, actually stupid..like when YRP goes to Besaid for the first time and you and Lulu take a walk, and Lulu says, "What was so important that you had to run off without telling us?" and Yuna holds out the sphere with Him on it and says "This..." And then Lulu goes, "The sphere. Wakka told me about it." If you already know, why would you ask?)
    It was a fun game to play, but there was room for improvement IMO. Although they definitly improved on how Yuna speaks (In contrast to pausing every 3 words.)

LOVE♥SHINE

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

see ther you go someone that sees what's wong but isnt flaming the game

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    SO RPGs are about battles??????? Gimme a break, starting from FFVII, FFs have ALWAYS been story based, smurf the fighting.

You wanna talk 'bout hard RPGs, Shin Megami Tensei is what you should be talking 'bout:fencing:
    Did you COMPLETELY miss the argument? (Star Ocean 3 is still better, AND more challenging, I'm no fan of randomly generated numbers that do amounts guaranteed to kill you)
    We weren't (originally) arguing about game difficulty (of which there is very little). RPGs are not entirely about battles. What you missed is the rest of my argument; that the story is not as good as any of the others.
    Ok, so you claim after FFVII, they are all about STORY. As you said, story based, therefore CHARACTERS do not count, because they are not STORY (only a part of). I also have a feeling you did not play FFVI either. If you think that FF after FFVII was always about STORY, then you missed this game, and should stop talking. The story in FFVI easily trounces anything after VII, and is where your defense of the FFX-2 STORY should begin.
    Ok, for instance, let's say you meant PLOT, instead of STORY. The plot is still not good, and I explained why, already. In summary
    a) Yuna is a prostitue, bad, mal
    b) the message of the game is"do anything you want without fear of loss, or if you do something wrong, then it can easily be fixed"
    c) there's more but too lazy to type it out

In a severe need to quote myself, DeathKnight, I will answer your question.

The original intent of MAKING FF, was to convey emotion, and to survive. What we have here, is another case of going mad with power, depending on your loyal fans to support you, and using pop culture to attract new players with perverted, and soft-core-esque plotlines.
    Also, you claim it is ALWAYS about story after FFVII. I just remembered; WAIT A MINUTE!? They tripled Sephiroth's HP when Cloud is level 97+? How is that NOT an attempt to make the difficulty more difficult? (at least, at level 99). Therefore, you have been disproven by Square itself; if the game was completely about PLOT, then why would they attempt to make the battle system at least, somewhat difficult, and to triple his HP at the end? Yeah, because the final duel with Sephiroth is 50 minute cutscene, not a multi-stepping battle.

anyway tavrobel if they arent i know angra mainyu or whatever is and he is easy like the rest because of cry in the knight and charon
    Charon kills off your own character, and without BDL, is very useless. 9999x3 < 333444. I love doing a total of 5 digit damage without any remaining characters, against a boss with 6 digits. Technically, Angra Mainyu is an optional boss; because you do not need to complete Bikanel Chapter 5 to complete the game. By level 50, he is no longer a challenge. Anything under, and he is actually difficult. Too bad Cry in the Night consumes MP, so I don't bother to use it. I refer to perpetual, free healing with Alchemist's Stash.

No really we mean no harm to anyones planet.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

There was something wrong for me to say "Trema killed me several times when I went to Via Infinito Infinity Floor. Angra Mainyu too. But four Bold Level 5 Chobos searched Calm Lands, it did not happen".
    Sora, Goofy, Donald and YRP of Gullwings KH2 like Crash Nebula, Lucia the Princess Of Blue Star and Sonic The Hedgehog.

[leeza]Limit must be 250 pixels, and 50kb, by Lucia Of The Blue Star.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    i generally liked it the upbeat game broke the final fantasy cycle of being all sad all the time killing the final boss and instantly being happy evevthough they still have to rebuild half of the world( im talking to you ff9) whats bad about this game
    I agree, It was a really girly game and very bubbly for the Final Fantasy Games but i think that Final Fantasy needed a good bubbly happy ending That makes sense. It was a really good game!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

this is exactly what i think of the game. its badly written ,the storyline isnt interesting , the characters are annoying and i hate it everytime someone so much as opens their mouth and the sequel just wasn't needed.the battle system is o.k but i dont like it because it doesnt display the stats very well.the job system is good but not the best of the FF job systems. the battles are easy and even the optional super bosses arent too difficult.the character cast is far too small and seems to have a girly feel to it(not being sexist because i know most girls hate things that people consider girly.)there was no real mystery or suspense and nothing that actually made me want to play on unlike the other FFs.overall its a bad game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma
    well right now you have a big decision to make that may alter the rest of your life as illustrated in this diagram:

I think you can make the right choice.

Because you know, that has so much relevence to this topic...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What I am trying to say, is that people need to play the old games.

It's got more relevance than we know what to do with it.

Well, I concede that in order for FFX-2 fans to completely appreciate the job system, they should probably have played FFI, FFIII and FFV. Although playing FFVI probably won't change they opinion on the game. FFVI is very different in style to FFX-2, thus it's very possibly that FFX-2 fans might not enjoy FFVI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    What I am trying to say, is that people need to play the old games.

It's got more relevance than we know what to do with it.

hahaha your campaing makes me laugh :kaolaugh:

What are you laughin about DeathKnight. Tav is right.