Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What's so Bad About X-2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    Let us first establish who likes FFX-2; the newer generation, they haven't been exposed to the drama and quality that is the old school. Many of them claim that the graphics burn their eyes out, and many of them are slow compared to the newer games (no, really, they are). But human emotion, drama, makings of a great novel such as character development, plot, storyline; THIS is what we expect from a Final Fantasy. They try to gather in a new generation of FF lovers, from pure smut alone. If you compared FFX-2 to every other game in the world, it would rank pretty high; even its faults elevate it above other games. But it is NOT what one expects of FF.

Unfortunately it worked, and considering SquareEnix's track record, its long time fans aren't going to let go of the series for this crap. We will most certainly complain about it. Was it a mistake top SquareEnix to release this game? Not to its shareholders and those who profit from the game. For its fans, it was a step back from making good games and wanting to tell the good story, to getting money for the sake of temporary fame and loads of money that we will never use. Yeah, people should be compensated for their services, but to make them slaves to the establishment for the promise of money alone, is basically ushering in a new age of slavery and oppression. "Virtual girls don't need rights, because they are objects and property.". That means black people never needed them either in the States.

In comparison to FFX, FFX-2 lacks utterly, and horribly, in many ways. People come in, expecting the same thing from FFX to be in FFX-2, but, no. We are given this crap. If you don't know what you are missing, then how do you know that it is good?

The plotline offers closure for the people that enjoyed FFX. It combines great love stories, and intricate conspiracy to overwhlem the player. A new dungeon is made separate from the game, simply for the sake of challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Celes in FFVI
    I'm an Imperial General, not some love starved twit!
    Indeed. We are not love starved, most of us are. If I wanted to cry, I would watch Field of Dreams. If I were a girl, then I would watch The Notebook.
    We've all seen conspiracy before, what do you call modern politics? And this new dungeon, is a smattering of random giant enemies that do random amounts of damage that are guaranteed to kill you. Hard = challenging, that you have to waste items, time, and strategy. Cheap = automatic kills that get past Ribbon, and are used FREQUENTLY. It would be ok if we should more easily obtain Hero Drinks, then all the status ailments would get us killed on fair ground. But you can only get 4 a game. Gyp.
    FFX-2 destroys any credibility that FFX establishes. The pain that we feel when Tidus disappears and re-appears at the end after the credits, is the emotion we have for the characters not real? No, of course not, because we all know that we don't have to sacrifice anything to get what we want. That most certainly emobodies the lesson of history. (heard of a war, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by George Patton
    No one ever won a war by dying for his country, they won by making the OTHER guy die for HIS country.
    The battle system is also alienating to most old school gamers (not PSXers, mind you). Speed and button mashing, compared to thought and strategy, and resetting every five minutes because that damned Giant Rat won't die even when you hit it for what seems like 400 times, and lacking mana, and you don't feel like exiting the cave to get more levels. Ok, so FFX had new stuff, and return to the old school Turn based system, but it made it work. FFX-2 does not. And the mumor that FFX-2 is almost straight out of Family Guy, by having long discourses about nothig to do with the plot, or add anything to it. It doesn't work for FFX-2 either!

Also the plot wasn't all that great. Any symbolism that went deeper than "look at us, we are sluts!" was already present in FFX, which was better anyways. Many of the nonsensical plotholes stuck out, and makes you wonder, "why do them"?

My brain is fried right now trying to get all the anger out of my system for even thinking of defending this steaming pile of crap. I'll finish with any new points that come up in this thread later. If you didn't like sopme of the language I used, I apologize. I had to restrain myself from typing out what I really wanted to say. I was afraid of the BAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Rikku
    Plus as it was a sequel it was always gonna get some stick for not being FFX (sequels always get stick)!
    What about Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross? FFX-2 wasn't the first sequel ever made by Square, despite the many people I know that say it. And I don't EVER recall hearing any stick from Cross compared to Trigger, unless a friend was complaining about the same thing that was in both.
    *agrees*

Here is my short review

Story: 2/10. I could describe that plot in 5 points. And I will.
    (SPOILER)1. Girl sad about missing boyfriend
    2. Girl fall into hole and find guy sad about missing girlfriend. Guy think girl is missing girlfriend, and says he is going to blow up the world coz he luvs her:sweatdrop
    3.Girl and friends destoyr guy and guy is reunited with missing girlfriend.
    4. Girl is reunited with missing boyfriend.
    5. And the all live happliy ever after

Charcters: 0/10 They ripped off Yuna, the villian sucked, and the outfits?

Gameplay: 7/10 Actually good. But again, the outfits?

Extras: 0/0 sidequest... overload.... arggghhhh *bursts into flames*. And a lot of those sidequests just seemed to be invented to drive me insane.

music: 1/10 sucked. Only one good song, the 1000 words piano. And there wasn't even a final boss theme!

Overall:2/10The game sucked. This game would have gotten a 0 if it wasn't for the gameplay and one musical piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Y_U_F_F_I_E
    Let us first establish who likes FFX-2; the newer generation, they haven't been exposed to the drama and quality that is the old school. Many of them claim that the graphics burn their eyes out, and many of them are slow compared to the newer games (no, really, they are). But human emotion, drama, makings of a great novel such as character development, plot, storyline; THIS is what we expect from a Final Fantasy. They try to gather in a new generation of FF lovers, from pure smut alone. If you compared FFX-2 to every other game in the world, it would rank pretty high; even its faults elevate it above other games. But it is NOT what one expects of FF.

Unfortunately it worked, and considering SquareEnix's track record, its long time fans aren't going to let go of the series for this crap. We will most certainly complain about it. Was it a mistake top SquareEnix to release this game? Not to its shareholders and those who profit from the game. For its fans, it was a step back from making good games and wanting to tell the good story, to getting money for the sake of temporary fame and loads of money that we will never use. Yeah, people should be compensated for their services, but to make them slaves to the establishment for the promise of money alone, is basically ushering in a new age of slavery and oppression. "Virtual girls don't need rights, because they are objects and property.". That means black people never needed them either in the States.

In comparison to FFX, FFX-2 lacks utterly, and horribly, in many ways. People come in, expecting the same thing from FFX to be in FFX-2, but, no. We are given this crap. If you don't know what you are missing, then how do you know that it is good?

The plotline offers closure for the people that enjoyed FFX. It combines great love stories, and intricate conspiracy to overwhlem the player. A new dungeon is made separate from the game, simply for the sake of challenge.

Indeed. We are not love starved, most of us are. If I wanted to cry, I would watch Field of Dreams. If I were a girl, then I would watch The Notebook.
    We've all seen conspiracy before, what do you call modern politics? And this new dungeon, is a smattering of random giant enemies that do random amounts of damage that are guaranteed to kill you. Hard = challenging, that you have to waste items, time, and strategy. Cheap = automatic kills that get past Ribbon, and are used FREQUENTLY. It would be ok if we should more easily obtain Hero Drinks, then all the status ailments would get us killed on fair ground. But you can only get 4 a game. Gyp.
    FFX-2 destroys any credibility that FFX establishes. The pain that we feel when Tidus disappears and re-appears at the end after the credits, is the emotion we have for the characters not real? No, of course not, because we all know that we don't have to sacrifice anything to get what we want. That most certainly emobodies the lesson of history. (heard of a war, anyone?)

No one ever won a war by dying for his country, they won by making the OTHER guy die for HIS country.
    The battle system is also alienating to most old school gamers (not PSXers, mind you). Speed and button mashing, compared to thought and strategy, and resetting every five minutes because that damned Giant Rat won't die even when you hit it for what seems like 400 times, and lacking mana, and you don't feel like exiting the cave to get more levels. Ok, so FFX had new stuff, and return to the old school Turn based system, but it made it work. FFX-2 does not. And the mumor that FFX-2 is almost straight out of Family Guy, by having long discourses about nothig to do with the plot, or add anything to it. It doesn't work for FFX-2 either!

Also the plot wasn't all that great. Any symbolism that went deeper than "look at us, we are sluts!" was already present in FFX, which was better anyways. Many of the nonsensical plotholes stuck out, and makes you wonder, "why do them"?

My brain is fried right now trying to get all the anger out of my system for even thinking of defending this steaming pile of crap. I'll finish with any new points that come up in this thread later. If you didn't like sopme of the language I used, I apologize. I had to restrain myself from typing out what I really wanted to say. I was afraid of the BAN.

Plus as it was a sequel it was always gonna get some stick for not being FFX (sequels always get stick)!
    What about Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross? FFX-2 wasn't the first sequel ever made by Square, despite the many people I know that say it. And I don't EVER recall hearing any stick from Cross compared to Trigger, unless a friend was complaining about the same thing that was in both.
    *agrees*

Here is my short review

2. Girl fall into hole and find guy sad about missing girlfriend. Guy think girl is missing girlfriend, and says he is going to blow up the world coz he luvs her:sweatdrop

Extras: 0/0 sidequest... overload.... arggghhhh *bursts into flames*. And a lot of those sidequests just seemed to be invented to drive me insane.

music: 1/10 sucked. Only one good song, the 1000 words piano. And there wasn't even a final boss theme!

Overall:2/10The game sucked. This game would have gotten a 0 if it wasn't for the gameplay and one musical piece.

It's good to know this is just an opinion

As big as it looks it's just a bunch if BIAS.

You'll do better with proffessional reviews at IGN.com

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you know it's just an opinion, why don't you stop taking it so seriously and getting worked up about it. Try to relax a little bit.

Anyways, I pretty much agree with everything DMKA said about the game.
    --Box Box Box Box

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    Advent Children anyone?
    Have you even seen it? Apparently not, because it was in no way happy. More people died and everyone who already died stayed dead, and their deaths were just reinforced.

I don't think it's a matter of people "needing a happy ending" at all. It's more of a matter of because the developers felt like it and figured it would sell. And it did.
    I like Kung-Fu.

*agrees*

Here is my short review

Thats one of the best reviews for this game I have ever seen that wasnt made by assholes. That was very accurate.
    It's good to know this is just an opinion

As big as it looks it's just a bunch if BIAS.

You'll do better with proffessional reviews at IGN.com
    Why is it your defense of this game is bias everytime. Come up with a real response son.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I feel the need to uphold my charge that I promised that I would defend FFX-2 to the best of my abilities, even if the stance were not my own. Eternity of Light (something like that) is also tolerable.

How dare you that FFX-2 did not have a final boss theme?
    It had 5; clearly:
    a) Clash (Vegnagun Tail)
    b) Crash (Vegnagun Leg)
    c) Ruin (Vegnagun Core)
    d) Resting Place (Shuyin/Vegnagun Head)
    e) Dancing Mad (Kefka)

FFVI's Kefka is too uber to be in a lowly game as this. But it's there. You just have to revive Leo from FFVI in FFX-2 (it CAN be done).

They are all remixes of each other (incase you coudn't hear the same time signature and lack of rhytmn that reverberates through all of them). They come from a up-tempo and added instrument version of The Colossus. Too bad they all suck.

Even Jesus says that a good tree bears good fruit, and that the bad tree can only bear bad fruit. Do you find poor quality fruit from a poor quality plant, that was not already ravaged by insects, locusts, plague, etc., outside circumstances, fruit does not grow rotten or bruised in the ground, does it? No. Neither will you find good fruit from a bad tree.

"Vegnagun Starting" is a great piece of music (reminds me a lot of Dancing Mad). Too bad they didn't use that as the final boss theme instead.

Dont really like it... many reasons...

1. Stoopid stage system rather that just a straight story
    2. Only 3main characters
    3. no summons
    4. Lame story, nothing in depth or surprising
    5. generally too easy. no challenge

I did like some things though
    the fights were quite cool with the return of ATB and i liked the dresspheres that was good...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenChocobo
    2. Only 3main characters
    3. no summons
    the fights were quite cool with the return of ATB and i liked the dresspheres that was good...
    I feel I have to defend the FFX-2 fanboys/girls again...

A lack of conspiracy is a good thing. (FFIIIj)
    Brother/Shyin/Lenne doesn't count?
    You can summon the uber awesome power of prostitution!
    "We are prostitues". Very hard to read.
    Holding down the "X" button for longer than five seconds while not having a controller plugged in and not focusing on the game isn't considered a challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by The Devourer of Worlds
    [Dancing Mad]... too bad they didn't use that as the final boss theme instead.
    If they had, I would have another reason to be upset. By doing that, they degrade FFVI to the same level of suckiness as FFX-2.

2. Only 3main characters
    3. no summons

Holding down the "X" button for longer than five seconds while not having a controller plugged in and not focusing on the game isn't considered a challenge?

If they had, I would have another reason to be upset. By doing that, they degrade FFVI to the same level of suckiness as FFX-2.
    It's just good to know that everything you said is just a big FAT opinion and doesn't jutify the game in any way

There's a difference between not liking a game, and just bashing it senselessly on its Bad parts and its GREAT parts. You know what's funny? That I can prove all you said wrong with reviews from websites and by the way, OLD FF are great but I preffer FFVII-FF-X2 ANY day. You can bash FFX/FFX-2 as much as you want but it still comes out as a campaign you have 'bout newer FFs

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    2. Only 3main characters
    3. no summons

It's just good to know that everything you said is just a big FAT opinion and doesn't jutify the game in any way

There's a difference between not liking a game, and just bashing it senselessly on its Bad parts and its GREAT parts. You know what's funny? That I can prove all you said wrong with reviews from websites and by the way, OLD FF are great but I preffer FFVII-FF-X2 ANY day. You can bash FFX/FFX-2 as much as you want but it still comes out as a campaign you have 'bout newer FFs
    People have the right to have opinions ya know.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Nothing is wrong it is a cool game.
    warriorboy && battlingbard.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight

I have yet to see you defend it with actual words, and not insults. While I have used the game's own system against it, YOU have not done a single thing besides call me moronic, simply because I don't like FFX-2, and give you multiple reasons why people don't and should not like it. Go ahead, give me EVERYTHING you can think that could even possibly, remotely, even stuff that has nothing to do with anything AT ALL, that can defend FFX-2. I do not bash it senselessly, for I have a VERY justified reason, for calling it a disgrace to other FFs. As I said before, it could stand up to ALL the other games in the world, and be better than most of them, but it doesn't compare to any of the other FFs. Even VII and IIj.
    But something still tells me you have not played a single old FF. PSX remakes don't count (except for IV, because it is harder than the American release).
    Go ahead, prove me wrong. And no one ever said I didn't like FFX; it is my favorite of all the FFs, but it is sad to see its sequel ruin everything that it has established.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

FFVII sucked storyline wise.

not that I hated it.... some aspects of it sucked that didnt have a reason behind it.

sure FFVIII had a massive cliche moment where almost all of them were born into the same orphanage... they turned that into a dark story though, and resolved it through one of the games villians, I liked that.

by the way.... Drakengard 2 is the Greatest RPG thingomo ever

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Have you even seen it? Apparently not, because it was in no way happy. More people died and everyone who already died stayed dead, and their deaths were just reinforced.
    Granted, it's been a long time since I watched the movie, but I can only remember the bad guys dying. Curing geostigma and Cloud getting over his post-Aeris-death angst seemed like a pretty happy ending to me.