Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenChocobo
    Dont really like it... many reasons...
    1. Stoopid stage system rather that just a straight story
    2. Only 3main characters
    3. no summons
    4. Lame story, nothing in depth or surprising
    5. generally too easy. no challenge
    I did like some things though
    the fights were quite cool with the return of ATB and i liked the dresspheres that was good...
    I feel I have to defend the FFX-2 fanboys/girls again...

A lack of conspiracy is a good thing. (FFIIIj)
    Brother/Shyin/Lenne doesn't count?
    You can summon the uber awesome power of prostitution!
    "We are prostitues". Very hard to read.
    Holding down the "X" button for longer than five seconds while not having a controller plugged in and not focusing on the game isn't considered a challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by The Devourer of Worlds
    [Dancing Mad]... too bad they didn't use that as the final boss theme instead.
    If they had, I would have another reason to be upset. By doing that, they degrade FFVI to the same level of suckiness as FFX-2.
    It's just good to know that everything you said is just a big FAT opinion and doesn't jutify the game in any way

There's a difference between not liking a game, and just bashing it senselessly on its Bad parts and its GREAT parts. You know what's funny? That I can prove all you said wrong with reviews from websites and by the way, OLD FF are great but I preffer FFVII-FF-X2 ANY day. You can bash FFX/FFX-2 as much as you want but it still comes out as a campaign you have 'bout newer FFs
    You know whats funny no one gives a damn what gaming sites say.

Ive only played the newer games ( 7,8,9,X,X-2) and i still think X-2 sucked somethin awful. Granted i played one old FF that i dont remember well (i was 4 or 5) but mostly new ffs.

I couldnt even get past Guadosalam or whatnot in FF X-2 just because it drove me crazy... and when you go up MT Gagazet and see the stupid women in the hotsprings... ever part about the story and or plot + diologue annoyed me up until the grand finale of going to wal-mart to buy another controller and to buy a shredder so i can try to drown out my misery of buying this game.

idk... i loved all of the FF's i played other than this one... i loved X and thought yuna was a greatt character in it... i think the jump in her personality from X to X-2 was ridiculous and uncalled for... she went from being respectable and dainty to being a complete whore...

7 and 8 both had somewhat convaluted storylines but this was by far the worst... 7 and 9 had great ability systems and 8 and X had decent ones but the dressspheres just drove me crazy... it seemed so utterly homo to walk around collecting garment grids so i can change my outfit in order to sing and dance my enemies into submission...

i just hate this game, and so do most people... nuff said

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

you didnt beat it IpwnUthisMuch, thus, you can only jusge it poorly like Gamespot does.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Woah, what's wrong with him judging it like that? It doesn't take a person to complete a game to come up with a negative/positive opinion.

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I beat FFX-2, I still don't like it. Does that mean I can only judge it as the greatest game ever made? If that were true, then the Dictionary (yes, the book) is the greatest game EVER, simply because someone had to read it all the way through to find any errors. (those things are remarkably well made I must add)

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    I beat FFX-2, I still don't like it. Does that mean I can only judge it as the greatest game ever made? If that were true, then the Dictionary (yes, the book) is the greatest game EVER, simply because someone had to read it all the way through to find any errors. (those things are remarkably well made I must add)
    You're sad I think it's time to just let this thread die, it's gone way off topic with the MEDIOCRE bashing of the game from you and Death Penalty and Venom.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: One thing I don't understand is- how the hell is having too many sidequests a bad thing?

Rubedo: Anyhoo, I thought it was a pretty fun game on it's own merits. I did appreciate some other FFs more (IX, VI, IV), but I think it's only a little behind the rest. It was a bit of a dissapointment though, IMO, but a lot of people are looking at this game like a giant stinking pile of crap. It's not really that bad, people.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    You're sad I think it's time to just let this thread die, it's gone way off topic with the MEDIOCRE bashing of the game from you and Death Penalty and Venom.
    And still you have done nothing to defend FFX-2. I'm all for letting it die...
    If you can actually defend your claims without resorting to name calling and direct insults.

I enjoyed the game because of the dressphere battle system, some of the music was lovely and it was just abit of fun. Nothing to really be taken seriously. What annoys me is the people who have played this game before the others and consider it the best Final Fantasy game. You havent played or even tried the others yet?! That gets on my nerves.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    What annoys me is the people who have played this game before the others and consider it the best Final Fantasy game. You havent played or even tried the others yet?! That gets on my nerves.
    Esse person-o es-peako teh truth! T3h verd4d 1t si!

Hmm, i can't really say much on the matter, I've only played on about six of the games, completed (or am near completion) in about 4 of them, so i can't really say i have a broad knowledge, nor can i saywhich is the "best".

Naturally squaresoft/enix would argue that final fantasy 7 was there best venture, ten was their next (as it was a kind of breakthrough), but they would probably hang thier head a little when it came to this game.

I'm not slating it, i thoroughly enjoyed this game, though, to me it didn't pose the same ambitions as some previous ones

Wha?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    I never bashed the game, I said I didnt like it.

Seriously do you actually read posts? or do you just type nonsensical bull[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] then post it?

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Wha?
    Thranslation:

This person speaks the truth.
    The truth it is.
    "What?", without a T

I never bashed the game, I said I didnt like it.
    Seriously do you actually read posts? or do you just type nonsensical bull then post it?
    I'm very convinced that it is the latter.

What bashing. I bashed you quite a few times yea but the game I dont remember doing that. Oh well either way it doesnt matter X-2 fans will hate me either way.
    or do you just type nonsensical bull then post it?
    You are actually asking this. I played X-2. It ruined the game of FF X. It was decent for yung bucks whos new to the series. But compared to older games it sucks. Its like comparing Gold to Dirt. Gold being the old games and Dirt being the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] that is X,X-2. If you like prostitution this is the game for you. But otherwise meh.