Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: What's so Bad About X-2?

Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    i generally liked it the upbeat game broke the final fantasy cycle of being all sad all the time killing the final boss and instantly being happy evevthough they still have to rebuild half of the world( im talking to you ff9) whats bad about this game
    I can tell you in one word: Brother. He's the only thing I didn't like in the game. Even the "disasteriffic" line and how neither Yuna nor Rikku could seem to stand still half the time was something I saw as natural. But Brother was Sin reincarnated.

Yes, Brother was quite the pervert trying to get with his cousin. Besides that -- I just thought the game was lacking. The whole Lenne & Shuyin was pretty .. pointless? Pfft, I don't know. It was just boring.
    hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner
    Quote Originally Posted by eiko guy
    i generally liked it the upbeat game broke the final fantasy cycle of being all sad all the time killing the final boss and instantly being happy evevthough they still have to rebuild half of the world( im talking to you ff9) whats bad about this game
    I can tell you in one word: Brother. He's the only thing I didn't like in the game. Even the "disasteriffic" line and how neither Yuna nor Rikku could seem to stand still half the time was something I saw as natural. But Brother was Sin reincarnated.
    Yeah, u're right... I think the Square guys were... drunk. Think about it: To LOVE your cousin, like man and woman is strange... also Brother doesn't seem that much masculine, he seems to be bissexual. I'd like to ask to Square why they've did Brother like that
    Mark: Hey there, soldier!
    Yoko: Hi!
    Mark: Excuse Me!
    Yoko: Huh?
    Mark: Listen to me!
    Yoko: *thinking* stupid AI.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kain_ex
    like man and woman is strange... also Brother doesn't seem that much masculine, he seems to be bissexual. I'd like to ask to Square why they've did Brother like that
    ??? Where are you getting this info from1?

I thought the only problem with this game was Blitzball and the voice acting. That's about it.
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by No.78
    like man and woman is strange... also Brother doesn't seem that much masculine, he seems to be bissexual. I'd like to ask to Square why they've did Brother like that

I thought the only problem with this game was Blitzball and the voice acting. That's about it.
    You must not have seen Brother. The way he acted was weird. While his sexual preference did cross my mind once, I dismissed it. But he acts in a way that makes you cringe and clench your teeth. And his obssession with Yuna isn't right. I mean, I knew that Yuna and Rikku were cousins, and I knew that Brother was Rikku's......well, brother. But I didn't follow the line from Yuna to Brother for awhile. And, when I found out, I suddenly felt that Brother should be turned into a fiend just so I could have the satisfaction of killing him. And I think Yuna may feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by No.78

If you haven't played the game, I suppose you need to play and see to your own eyes the way Brother acts... while by the logic you can see:
    Brother has a crush for Yuna. Yuna and Rikku are cousins. Rikku is Brother's sister, so this makes Yuna and Brother cousins. Don't you think it's odd and wrong to cousins begin to date and get married? Well, if Yuna didn't objected... I think they'd probably do this.

Now, more at the middle of the game, Brother really looks like to be gay.
    Mark: Hey there, soldier!
    Yoko: Hi!
    Mark: Excuse Me!
    Yoko: Huh?
    Mark: Listen to me!
    Yoko: *thinking* stupid AI.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Indeed, I found Brother and his antics to be something... strange, to say the least. And many times I wondered if Square had somehow made Brother gay, yet given him that strange, very annoying fixation with Yuna - his COUSIN!

Although, there are a lot of instances in the game that don't really make sense, and I have heard from many people concerning these points in the game to be there just for the 'fun' factor. X-2 was abundantly bubbly and overdone in the 'fun', in my opinion. Now, do not get me wrong, I was glad to see that Square was doing something to change that stereotype of where the only FF stories are dreary, sad, etc.... It's just... it seemed overdone and unnessary in some parts.

The one thing that I DID enjoy most was how the player was given the choice to do what they wanted, and when. Not really a complete 'how' yet, but it was nice to have something non-linear. And I absolutely loved the battle system - it seemed to run like quicksilver, and to see how you could chain attacks for better damage and sometimes stun the enemies... I liked that aspect of it.

One last thing: anyone ever notice that after playing FFX through numerous times, the battle theme becomes the music of Hell? The same battle theme, over, and over, and over... I liked how X-2 was thoughtful enough to have more than one battle theme( 3, I believe).

I haven't bothered to read this whole thread, because maybe my opinion would become slightly biased. But anyway, honestly, I loved X-2. It was free, it was fun, and it wasn't exceedingly easy (Although I would've liked to at least struggled a bit with Vegnagun). Of course, we all knew exactly what would happen in the end, and that sort of killed the suspense but hey, I still had fun playing it, especially with the battles and.. no one can't not love Rikku. The only thing I disliked was that it only had a couple FMVs. I think the main reason some people don't like it, is because they're playing with an all female cast. Which is really.. retarded.