Thread: wow another is it worth it thread? :P

Default wow another is it worth it thread? :P

yea basicly

i only get £60 a week in college.. im an absolutley HUGE fan of mmorpgs, getting lvl 60 on world of warcraft on 4 chars, 2 chars on city of villains to level 30, played hundreds of other mmorpgs including conquer online etc and im usually a very good player of them

a few things id like to ask

1. obviously is it worth the £14.99 pricetag :P
    2. how is the ingame gameplay, games like lineage 2 feel tacky wheras world of warcraft type gameplay is great
    3. i can get into games fast but is it gripping at lower levels.. or do u need to be high to enjoy the game.
    4. i usually have problems on games trying to get help with parties and advice, whats the community like
    5. basicly is it a worthwile mmorpg. I LOVE these type of games and i dont want to be dissapointed

currently im just about to complete FF10 with 99999 hp on my 3 main chars and all of the celestial weapons and all the aeons and dark aeons beaten

u can say im a geek but i need to know if its worth the money lol

thx

sry for bein a noob askin for advice

edit:

will my pc be able to run it at a playable standard

3.2ghz cpu
    128mb nvidia gfx card
    512mb ram

wen i buy it with the 30 day free trial, do i need to activate it with my card b4 i get the 30 days or can i just play straight off?
    Last edited by terley; 03-15-2006 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by terley
    yea basicly

i only get £60 a week in college.. im an absolutley HUGE fan of mmorpgs, getting lvl 60 on world of warcraft on 4 chars, 2 chars on city of villains to level 30, played hundreds of other mmorpgs including conquer online etc and im usually a very good player of them

a few things id like to ask

1. obviously is it worth the £14.99 pricetag :P
    2. how is the ingame gameplay, games like lineage 2 feel tacky wheras world of warcraft type gameplay is great
    3. i can get into games fast but is it gripping at lower levels.. or do u need to be high to enjoy the game.
    4. i usually have problems on games trying to get help with parties and advice, whats the community like
    5. basicly is it a worthwile mmorpg. I LOVE these type of games and i dont want to be dissapointed

currently im just about to complete FF10 with 99999 hp on my 3 main chars and all of the celestial weapons and all the aeons and dark aeons beaten

u can say im a geek but i need to know if its worth the money lol

thx

sry for bein a noob askin for advice

edit:

will my pc be able to run it at a playable standard

3.2ghz cpu
    128mb nvidia gfx card
    512mb ram

wen i buy it with the 30 day free trial, do i need to activate it with my card b4 i get the 30 days or can i just play straight off?
    1. Yeah I'd say it's worth the price.

2. I'm not sure what you mean as far as gameplay but I enjoy it though I don't have much to compare it to MMORPGwise.

3. You only get small doses of the bigger storyline early on. You can get little bits of story and mini storylines and history from small quests and NPCs but the big story comes from the big missions and you have to be pretty high level to get the most out of those.

4. The community honestly is pretty elitist. At lower levels you'll have to deal with really crappy PTs because more exerienced players playing lower level jobs tend to try to stay away from the 'noobs'. If you pick a flavor of the month job you could level and be the most horrible and rudest player ever.
    If you play a less popular ingame job you will need to spend months and months farming for gil just to buy items so that you MIGHT get a PT. Jobs like DRG and DRK can have the most phenominal gear and people will still hate you especialiy later in the game.

5. I hate to seem negative about it because it's a great game but FFXI is an aquired taste and one that probably doesn't appeal to most people. If you loved WoW there's a good chance you won't like FFXI. You can't solo and you can't do things extremely easily. However, I believe that FFXI has more to offer from what I've heard instead of just getting several characters to 60 over and over and playing the same content repeatedly as you cap out in a few months time.

It would probably take you about 6-12 months to get your first job to 75 in FFXI.

Aside from all of these questions I'll be honest with you... You sound very similar to me as a player and I think the amount of time and effort it would take to make your character really great and how proud you could be of a powerful character in FFXI might make it your kinda game. I say give it a try and don't give up to early on and you might grow to really love it.

EDIT: Your computer should be able to run it no problem

k thx alot for the possetive reply

atm im in a kinda void between

well

i finished school last june and since then ive been doing jobs and a little college course thingy so i kinda get short bursts of money here and ther and i should be able to buy it =]

WAahh I got the software when it was 30 bucks lol lucky. Yeah its worth the playtime if oyu like MMORPG's dude. Trust me its nothing like Lineage 2.