Thread: KH NOT an alternate reality.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Default KH NOT an alternate reality.

KH, plain and simple, does NOT take place in an alternate reality. The theory that it does is ridiculous, the reason Aeris is alive in it is because Square needed something to attract FF gamers so they threw in a bunch of FF gamers, and Aeris being alive once more AND talking with VO would attract the most (imo).

Opinion?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I think what is implied by an alternate reality is that it does not happen in the world(s) of Final Fantasy, that there is connection to FF and KH. This arises because people often times try to put KH in some wierd relation to the FF games, like it happens before FF VII and other ridiculuous theories. So I think the concept of KH happening in another reality is to emphasis the point that there is no corrolation between Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

I see what you mean, but it's still over thinking. It isn't an alternate reality, it's an alternate game...emphasis on *game*, I think alot of Square fans look too deep into the meanings and aspects of Square soft games and come up with things like this, or the R=U theory is another example.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Different game equates a different reality.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What the f***? Of course it's a different reality! None of the FF characters come from the same universes; and their back-stories are different. (Ever hear of the "star system" concept? )

Nomura has said himself, that FF characters are only guests in KH.

I don't really think he meant that they're guests from another reality...more that they're guests in a Disney game.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

No one means it's an actual alternate reality. No one is trying to add a bunch of meaning to it. The point is it doesnt happen in the same 'reality' or 'universe' that the original games happened in. Just saying it's a different game doesnt stress the change enough, because while Dirge of Cerberus occurs in a different game than Final Fantasy VII, it still occurs in the same 'universe' as FFVII.

No one is saying they're from any actual universes or dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    No one means it's an actual alternate reality. No one is trying to add a bunch of meaning to it. The point is it doesnt happen in the same 'reality' or 'universe' that the original games happened in. Just saying it's a different game doesnt stress the change enough, because while Dirge of Cerberus occurs in a different game than Final Fantasy VII, it still occurs in the same 'universe' as FFVII.

I Agree with you there

Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s
    I don't really think he meant that they're guests from another reality...more that they're guests in a Disney game.
    I don't think you're understanding flip_boi.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    No one means it's an actual alternate reality. No one is trying to add a bunch of meaning to it. The point is it doesnt happen in the same 'reality' or 'universe' that the original games happened in.
    There are people saying these things which is why aisle_s is b***ing. You just probably haven't witnessed any of it.
    Just saying it's a different game doesnt stress the change enough, because while Dirge of Cerberus occurs in a different game than Final Fantasy VII, it still occurs in the same 'universe' as FFVII.
    aisle_s was saying that people shouldn't think of KH as a different reality or different universe just because it has familiar characters from different games (and movies).
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I've never seen a single person doing it, so unless I see evidence of this, I'll take it the way I have.

No one is saying it's an actual different reality or universe. It's just an easy way of saying that it doesnt occur in the same context of the games and movies the characters are from.

Again, I have never seen anyone saying that these character are from an actual alternate reality or universe.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

If only Future Esthar could see this thread.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I thought that was the point of the story. Everyone was cast from their reality to the world of KH when the heartless destroyed their world or whatever.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    I thought that was the point of the story. Everyone was cast from their reality to the world of KH when the heartless destroyed their world or whatever.
    Most of the FF characters are from Hollow Bastion, not their own worlds. The FF and Disney characters have different origins, like different realities in comics.

I think it is, 'cause Final Fantasy characters are different, and all the Disney worlds follow different plots and the villains die in different ways, characters meet in different ways. So I'm gonna say this is a alternate reality.
    my real name begins with a"W"