Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent accomplishments

I hope this isn't considered a necropost. I recently go my 4th piece or relic. I'm now 4/5. Sadly I'm only missing the hat which is the best piece by far. Funny that I got both of my northlands pieces on the first run considering their extreme rarity and competition over the pants. I'll probably be the first BRD in history to get the entire rest of the set before the hat.

I'll be so glad to be rid of the crown which no longer is that useful but looks pretty nice with the body so I keep wearing it for the sake of running around looking good.

I reinstalled FFXI after a year or more of not playing last night. And I bought/installed Aht Urghan today. That's an accomplishment, I think.
    No.

I finally started Aht Urghan, today. I've had it for awhile, but didn't feel like going. My first two attempts were a failure:

1) I forgot to go back to the Tenshodo after the quest to get the boarding permit. This realization didn't come to me until after I paid and boarded the ship.

2) I got made it to Whitegate, but just wanted to set my HP and warp back to Jueno. Couldn't find HP, so I went to my moghouse and changed jobs. Due to lots of sleepiness I didn't notice that I wasn't asked to set my HP until AFTER I warped to Jueno.

Today, I finally made it safely, and started the missions. I'm excited.

Finally up to 4/5 on my god gear. Now time to try to get my Shield and Osode and I'll be pretty much done with sky.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Karst gave me permission to participate in conflict! I also got my first rank 5 mission (I think). Now just gotta get Blu to level 50 so I can actually do it...
    But yeah, actually finding a red haired elvaan and completing the ballista quest is my accomplishment (although it was wierd, cos the red haired elvaan wasn't even mentioned in the cutscene and prince trion wasn't even there :s)
    jkhkjg

Got my eldieme coffer key and the coffer tonight! Take that stupid zone! Tomorrow night I will be killing Dark Spark, and fast.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

got dynamis beaucedine win
    3 days later we kicked Dynamis Lord's butt
    good stuff
    working on war and blm af1 atm, 3/5 on war 2/5 on blm
    got boroka earring yesterday, and astral aspis today
    now if thf af2 would just start dropping

Obtained Gallant Gloves!

Woo hoo, 3k tnl.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Past accomplishment: Level 75.
    Thief/Samurai
    Quite recent- Amanomurakumo
    God-like sword...drools... I can like, decimate Gwyver with this baby.
    88 damage and 4 hundred fricken 37 delay! FTW! Owns in Balista Battlefield too.
    I haven't played in a while tho.

Edit-
    If youre a high LVL Warrior, have you found the Relic Blade yet? Its got max
    delay and all but one damage. You might find it in Dynamis-Bastok and it sells for
    a lot.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Sorry to point this out but pretty much all of this I assume to be lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg
    Quite recent- Amanomurakumo
    God-like sword...drools... I can like, decimate Gwyver with this baby.
    88 damage and 4 hundred fricken 37 delay! FTW! Owns in Balista Battlefield too.
    I haven't played in a while tho.
    That is the stage 5 relic GK. For someone that hasn't played in a while to own one is basically impossible. Fully upgraded relic take a ridiculous amount of time and dedication to aquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg
    Edit-
    If youre a high LVL Warrior, have you found the Relic Blade yet? Its got max
    delay and all but one damage. You might find it in Dynamis-Bastok and it sells for
    a lot.
    The first big lie was unbelievable but this is what tipped me off the most. Relic weapons that drop from Dynamis are Ra/Ex. They cannot be traded or sold. The are essentially worthless. You could not possibly have a stage 5 relic and not realize that stage 1 weapons Ra/Ex.

There's nothing to stop you selling rare/ex gear to NPCs. I guess it could have meant it in that way. Still, you raise a few good points about the whole post there >.>

I suppose perhaps they are NPCable but I've not checked. The fact that nobody in my LS even tries to get the relic weapons that drop like candy in Dynamis makes me think they are non-NPCable. If they were I would assume it would be pretty common knowledge to the entire endgame Dynamis population.

This is something I've crossposted multiple times. It's an examination of how long it would take and how expensive it would be to get Gjallarhorn (stage 5 relic horn). This is one of the cheaper relics so his claimed stage 5 relic GK would be even more difficult to obtain.

Yeah I don't wanna be harsh... just realistic. But I think if you really set your mind to it it's definitely not out of reach. I do know that it seemed a little easier in my head a while back. I'm not sure what the currency amounts are on Aegis but here's what it is on Gjallarhorn.

Stage 1 -> Stage 2 (300 currency)
    Stage 2 -> Stage 3 (1,400 currency)
    Stage 3 -> Stage 4 (6,000 currency)
    Stage 4 -> Stage 5 (10,000 currency) = 17,700

Now on my server atm currency is around 30k more or less. Let's apply that.

1 -> 2 (9M gil)
    2 -> 3 (42M gil) = 51M gil
    3 -> 4 (180M gil) = 231M gil
    4 -> 5 (300M gil) = 531M gil

Now let's assume that you managed to get in a position to sponsor every single run and at every single run you got 300 currency. (this is beyond unlikely as your shell will probably split sponsorship and getting 300 every run will be impossible because you'll be doing ice) This is just a for instance.

So me working on my Horn and needing 17,700 currency.

17,700/300 = 59 runs
    59 runs/2 runs/week = 29.5 weeks
    29.5weeks/4 week/month = 7.375 months

That's over half a year under the absolute most hospitible conditions of having a shell that is working just on you. Now my shell currently has a rotation of 3 sponsors. Other members can bid their points to lot 100s (including those sponsoring) so sponsors don't get all of the currency. I think this is how a lot of shels work to keep people interested.

Now 300 currency isn't impossible by any means and makes for a decent average. We do do ice or CoP dynamis' one out of every 2 days of the week. Essentially each sponsor is sponsoring on average one day out of every 3rd week. So let's look at it like that.

52 weeks/year
    52/3 = 17.3333 sponsorships a year
    59 required sponsorships/17.3333/year = 3.4 years

So under normal conditions and not using any other means to get currency I could get my Gjallarhorn in 3.4 years for only 59M gil. Obviously most people who have a Stage 5 relic find other ways to supplement their upgrading.

To have such a thing would take a tremendous amount of dedication and a bit more knowledge about the game. Why did he say "If you're a WAR" and mention only the relic blade. If they are truly sellable to NPCs you wouldn't have to be any specific job to get the relic blade and NPC it. Additionally, the other relic weapons would probably be worth about the same.

I'll actually check later to see if you can in fact NPC relic weapons. There are many items (some not even Ra/Ex) that cannot be NPC'd at all.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

even if it was npc-able wouldn't sell for squat.
    sagensyg's obviously completely full of it up to her eyeballs. ha
    there's only 1 fully upgraded gkt on my server, owned by a jp who's played since game began and only got it this year

in any case, my accomplishments since monday
    Hecatomb Harness
    Hecatomb Leggings
    I've had the abjurations for a while, but didn't have gil freed up for the cursed items

even better than that, ls claimed King Behemoth last night so I'm a Behemoth Dethroner
    and i got Pixie Earring /cheer~
    another DL run tonight so maybe Assassin Armlets will drop /pray--

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I got me Magna Chausses and know every spell up to level 38, as a level 36 blue mage. So that's quite nice... Never had rsg before ^^.
    jkhkjg

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just finished my subjob quest!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum