Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3131718192021222324252627282933 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent accomplishments

Well I finished my DRG AF in about a day (except the weapon which I got a while back). Go me.

Some random shots of my wife tearing up AF mobs for me.

I splurged on a little something for my DRG (and other jobs)

I got a special outpost warp.

I also got the title to end all titles.

Minus my hands, this is roughly the way I look now (in areas under my nation's control).

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

xD awesome yearg.

LS helped me get Kuro's Kazham Airship pass

I havent entered with him yet. I am going to soon (level 25 now close to Bardism)... My LS suggested I should get a full seer's set.

and since buying all my spells Post 20. I am cashless (I don't even have enough for a raise scroll :[)

but. Keep it going. n_n

oh oh. that and. I managed to see Hollboyboyboy making Sushi in Jeuno.

only 1 fisherman doing the work :\

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

psst, get your level 20-30 spells from NPCs, they're usually cheaper there :p. I've actually made quite a bit of money by buying Raise, Cure III and Regen from NPCs and auctioning them :p, enough to effectively make all my lv20 spells free :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

I cant even afford the NPC ones ~[u_u]~

speaking of which I am level 26 n_n almost level 27~

I got a koenig head piece. Been doing sky for ages, and it's the second one I've seen drop. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

I got Raise

now I can be wh0red out in Valkurm Dunes among other places ~[n_n]~

We once had 2 M heads drop on the same kill, and there was nobody there that wanted them... they auto-sorted. I've seen a ton of them, however, I've only seen A hands drop 3 times from Genbu (in over 2 years of sky) and two of those were from the same Genbu.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    We once had 2 M heads drop on the same kill, and there was nobody there that wanted them... they auto-sorted. I've seen a ton of them, however, I've only seen A hands drop 3 times from Genbu (in over 2 years of sky) and two of those were from the same Genbu.
    Yeah, well usually whenever they did drop, I wasn't able to attend the sky run. =( They aren't really that great though, I still love my AF2.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ding!

Level 54.

Gotta get my hat now!

well, I havent been on the forums lately; Been playing too much, but here is my update and recent accomplishments:

just got lvl 30 RDM, which is my first job to that lvl, w00t! I feel really special

I'm broke though and I dont have enough money for dia 2, not even considering Phalanx and dispel ; ; (its hard to have enough gil for armor, an up-to-date sword and wand, and scrolls for all jobs rdm, blm ,whm )

so I dont know what I'm gonna do, but I'll make it somehow

I also have received my kazham air pass and I'm at rank 3 which I hope to be rank 5 by next week, with alittle help from the LS of course.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got my hat!

PS. Hunting for coffer keys is just ridiculous. How does square expect us level 50-ish people to do these? It seems like every quest, we need to enlist the help of level 75s. That doesn't seem right at all.

I think originally they expected large groups of friends to get together and go hunt for coffer keys together. The game pushes hardcore toward teamwork. A group of people in the AF level range should be able to take the coffer key mobs together (in theory). Luckily, I just solo'd all of my coffer key stuff. Also keep in mind that when AF came out the level cap was 60, so nobody had 75s helping them back in the day. Same thing with Limit Break quests.

What bothers me more is that often there are NO FREAKIN' CLUES in the AF quests about what to do. I seem to remember this with a piece of my DRG AF where I was supposed to find a guy that knew something... no clue in the dialogue where I'd find him. I talk to him and he says something about doing something. Essentially I'm told to go click on a ??? but I'm not told where in the world to do so.

Everyone has to do AF hands the same way... so you talk to Guslam (how did you know to talk to him?) and he talks about Borghertz. You find your 'old gauntlets' in a coffer (he actually tells you where) and then you go talk to him again. He simply says, "These are beyond my skill to repair." That gives absolutely no lead as to what to do next.

How would anyone know to go through the whole junk with the Tenshodo and then to talk to a ??? in Port Jeuno?

Before guides, how did people do this stuff?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Trial and error :D. Sometimes I'm glad I wasn't among the first batch of players. Then again, I lost out on a lot of the exploring and adventuring part of the game. And those lovely bugs ;].
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

lvl 71 and got AF gloves (to replace my rush gaunts which have worked awesomely until I got my warwolf belt).
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I realize that the intent was to work together in parties and get the coffer keys together, but I really think Square gave players too much credit. As in like, there are nice people in the game, but to find 5 other NICE people to spend HOURS hunting for keys with you is asking a loooooot out of the player base. It's a struggle to find people who are A) not busy at the moment doing their own thing, B) willing to spend hours (it took me 3 to get one key) doing something that doesn't exactly benefit THEM and C) to find 5 of those people!

It's hard enough trying to find 1 or 2 level 75s to help you out. It's damn near impossible to find 5 people to party with you for coffer keys.