Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: t3h full metal alchemist

I love tha show its so flippin sweet, and Ed makes the show better hes so cool

FMA FANS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Ending to the anime is better than the ending with the movie. The movie isn't bad but I felt it was unneccesary. The show had a great ending. It left a few matters unanswered but that is life.

The manga is really good and I highly recommend that. It has yet to end and who knows when it will end. So many unanswered questions. Poor Havok ;_;

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The manga (and said Havoc situation) also shows a great deal more of how strong a character Roy Mustang is, which is always a good thing. One of the best scenes is the one (SPOILER)at Hughes' funeral where he makes the comment about how its raining as he's openly crying. Most tough-guy American heroes would NEVER do something like that, and I think it makes him that much more human.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I finished watching the last two episodes on my computer yesterday, wow. Granted, I missed most of the stuff before that, but I got the gist of things. This is officially on my "Favorite Anime of all time" list.
    But don't you think Arakawa would be kinda mad if they made such a bold ending? Not that the ending was bad (it was drooltastic!), but what if she had something else in mind? (SPOILER)Y'know, other than the whole parrallel universe stuff. Which was kinda confusing at first...Oh well, Animes don't seem to follow the Mangas perfectly anyway...

I just have a question, since I missed that part of the anime: (SPOILER)Who killed Lust and Greed?

The anime is great, but so is the manga, I cant decide which one I prefer they both have their strengths and weaknesses. The Anime though it has some fault, has to be commended for how it deals with the lose ends brought upon itself because the manga it is based on is still going. Like the situation with Marcoh, (SPOILER)alternate world and the father. The only beef I have with the anime is that it seems that Ed is the only intelligent person, and everyone around him is incompatent. And he alludes to this numorous times during the show. Its cool how he uses the composition of his enemies against them also through alchemy, I prefer smart heroes to all out braun. Hopefully the movie isnt the end of it, because even though it wraps up alot of loose ends in the plot, it doesnt wrap up many loose ends with the characters. I hold out hope for a continuation of the series.

For Zeromus_X, (SPOILER)Ed kills Greed(great fight), and Wrath kills Lust.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The manga will not follow the same path as the anime. At the point they're at in the manga, one could safely say that they've diverged more or less completely.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Yeah. At this point the manga is separate entirely. All the revealations in the last 2 episodes of the animes[spoilers]alternate world, bringing back the dead, who envy really is, what the gate is and more[/spoilers] have either been very different in the manga or have the feeling that they never will happen.

Mustang is much strong in the manga and he will not give up his ambitions so easily. He is just going to have to play along until an opening presents itself. I can't help but think that he will be written in as an attempted human sacrific and fail. Who knows. The series is pretty unpredictable in its plot twists.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Part of the unpredictability of the manga series (and this is in no way a bad thing) is that you just don't know all of what is going on. The darker side of alchemy is just so complex that you don't really know what all is possible and what is going on in some cases. It makes for a good read, you can't really know what's coming next.

Y'know they're now making an OVA to the series.
    The first episode of the OVA coming out in 03.29.06.
    http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4269
    You can also read about it somewhere in animeinfo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    Part of the unpredictability of the manga series (and this is in no way a bad thing) is that you just don't know all of what is going on. The darker side of alchemy is just so complex that you don't really know what all is possible and what is going on in some cases. It makes for a good read, you can't really know what's coming next.
    Very true, another good thing is that Scars still alive.

Wasnt it weird how Envy was basically superman towards the end of the anime? Actually landing a blow on Pride/Wrath and punching craters in the ground? I also like the idea of "the father' better than Dante, how he specifically creates the humonculus instead of it being failed human transmutation by other people. In the manga if you try to transmute a human you just get blah. It seems like the anime wrapped up fairly quickly towards the end, the manga doesnt seem to have such a somber mood about it.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also liked how they explained where Al was.

(SPOILER)The fact that Ed's body appears to be nourishing and sleeping for Al's body that is trapped within the gate, a body that Ed actually gets to see but not rescue, and the fact that Ed is actually short because he's sustaining Al worked very well.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I just finished it last night. It was amazing. The ending surprised me though, I really loved Ed as a character. The movie was good though I had crappy subtitles for it (at times I had only audio to go by and I know very little japanese). I was surprised by the movie's ending. Also I have become an Ed fanboy.

Im very tempted to get the manga for it. If its nothing like the anime, then I may enjoy it.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

One thing's for sure,the manga's almost completely(ALMOST) different from the anime.I've got every single manga and the whole anime+the movie.I was a little disappointed by the ending of both the anime and the movie anyway......considering that I'm sort of a FMA fan.(I'm more of a composite manga fan)