Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Fran and Balthier?

Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    The best two FFXII characters. I hope they have something going on, it'll be more interesting than Vaan's adventure with the other two girls.
    Yay! Another Fran/Bal shipper! There seems to be quite a few around and about the internet. 'Tis encouraging.

They're my favourite characters, too.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby
    That's so insulting. Fran isn't an animal - she's a Viera. She is no more a rabbit than Zidane is a monkey.
    It still strikes me as kinda gross. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by Savannah
    It still strikes me as kinda gross. *shrugs*
    Why? Do you think Arwen and Aragorn are "kinda gross", too? (Don't know if you're into LOTR....) I think this is a valid comparison - because, in both relationships, there is a human male and an essentially human female with "different" ears.

It's not as though Balthier is in love with his pet rabbit.... Then I'd be worried.... Fran is his equal.

I'm in love with my pet rabbit.

Why? Do you think Arwen and Aragorn are "kinda gross", too? (Don't know if you're into LOTR....) I think this is a valid comparison - because, in both relationships, there is a human male and an essentially human female with "different" ears.

It's not as though Balthier is in love with his pet rabbit.... Then I'd be worried.... Fran is his equal.
    Bad comparison. An elf is essentially a human with slimmer body frame and slightly longer ears. A person with the traits of an animal is a different story. Elves have traits exclusive to their own species. Fran is human + rabbit.

I know Fran is at least on level with a human in intellect capacity, but it still. . . really doesn't appeal to me. Furry/anthro stuff just isn't my thing. Maybe it's just that she's so sexualized; Freya, Kimahri and Red XIII didn't bother me.

Bad comparison. An elf is essentially a human with slimmer body frame and slightly longer ears. A person with the traits of an animal is a different story. Elves have traits exclusive to their own species. Fran is human + rabbit.

I know Fran is at least on level with a human in intellect capacity, but it still. . . really doesn't appeal to me. Furry/anthro stuff just isn't my thing. Maybe it's just that she's so sexualized; Freya, Kimahri and Red XIII didn't bother me.
    No - it's a great comparison (and one that has been made by many). Viera are the elves of Ivalice. They are very tall and very wise, with long, lissom bodies that make them well-suited to being rangers and archers - like elves. They are woodland folk - living in tight-knit clans in the forests - like elves. They have great longevity - like elves, and completely unlike rabbits - living for up to three times as long as Humes - on average: about 200 years. They have highly developed senses - superb eyesight and hearing - like rabbits, but also like elves. And, most like elves of all, they lost their ancient homelands centuries ago and have begun to mingle with Humes, though the "pure-blooded" Viera remain deep within the forests. Sounds like a passage from Tolkien, doesn't it?

Viera have far more in common with elves than with rabbits, whom they only share a couple of physical features with - namely: ears and claws.
    They are a race with their own history and their own - elf-like - traits.

And I would say that Fran is probably the most intelligent of the group, actually. She is a wonderful character - beyond her physical appearance - which is all you seem to be focusing on.
    Last edited by scooby; 04-22-2006 at 11:50 PM.

No - it's a great comparison (and one that has been made by many). Viera are the elves of Ivalice. They are very tall and very wise, with long, lissom bodies that make them well-suited to being rangers and archers - like elves. They are woodland folk - living in tight-knit clans in the forests - like elves. They have great longevity - like elves, and completely unlike rabbits - living for up to three times as long as Humes - on average: about 200 years. They have highly developed senses - superb eyesight and hearing - like rabbits, but also like elves. And, most like elves of all, they lost their ancient homelands centuries ago and have begun to mingle with Humes, though the "pure-blooded" Viera remain deep within the forests. Sounds like a passage from Tolkien, doesn't it?

Viera have far more in common with elves than with rabbits, whom they only share a couple of physical features with - namely: ears and claws.
    They are a race with their own history and their own - elf-like - traits.

And I would say that Fran is probably the most intelligent of the group, actually. She is a wonderful character - beyond her physical appearance - which is all you seem to be focusing on.
    Rabbit ears + rabbit tail = rabbit-like. I'm sorry, she's oversexualized and she's PART ANIMAL. Even if she is the most intelligent member of the party, you can't make it sit well with me. No, I'm not going to go out with picket signs and protest the game for its cruelty to animals, but seeing her prance around in skimpy clothes isn't going to do anything for me.

I'm not saying anything negative about her-- I'm not sure why you leapt to her defense just because bunny chicks don't do it for me. As for her being "the most intelligent of the group," I'll judge her by her personality when I actually play the game.
    Last edited by Savannah; 04-24-2006 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah
    Rabbit ears + rabbit tail = rabbit-like. I'm sorry, she's oversexualized and she's PART ANIMAL. Even if she is the most intelligent member of the party, you can't make it sit well with me. No, I'm not going to go out with picket signs and protest the game for its cruelty to animals, but seeing her prance around in skimpy clothes isn't going to do anything for me.

I'm not saying anything negative about her-- I'm not sure why you leapt to her defense just because bunny chicks don't do it for me. As for her being "the most intelligent of the group," I'll judge her by her personality when I actually play the game.
    She's BOTH cute and sexy! what a girl! rrrrr! I think I'm ALWAYS gonna have her on my team hehe.

Rabbit ears + rabbit tail = rabbit-like.
    She doesn't have a tail. Her ears and claws are her only "rabbit" features. I'd estimate that that makes her about 3% rabbit, 17% Hume and 80% elf = Viera.

And humans are animals, anyway; evolved from apes, and all. You can even see the ape in some men (especially the hairy ones).

Out of interest: how do you feel about Zidane - the Genome - with his tail? In particular - his relationship with Garnet (a human).

She doesn't have a tail. Her ears and claws are her only "rabbit" features. I'd estimate that that makes her about 3% rabbit, 17% Hume and 80% elf = Viera.

And humans are animals, anyway; evolved from apes, and all. You can even see the ape in some men (especially the hairy ones).

Out of interest: how do you feel about Zidane - the Genome - with his tail? In particular - his relationship with Garnet (a human).
    You are the man!

Funny thing is, people who don't like or find Fran digusting remind me of the racist BASTARDS who labeled people of color.

You are the man!
    Thanks.... But...I'm a girl.
    Funny thing is, people who don't like or find Fran digusting remind me of the racist BASTARDS who labeled people of color.
    Past tense? Like racism isn't still prevalent...? And racism cuts both ways. Or, should I say - it cuts all ways.

But with Fran, it is more speciesism - which isn't so much of a real-world issue. Let's not get into a debate about racism here.
    Last edited by scooby; 04-24-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks.... But...I'm a girl.
    Past tense? Like racism isn't still prevalent...? And racism cuts both ways.
    Yeah it's still here, which is even sadder.

And it goes both way, but let's turn back the clock. If I remember correctly, the africans were NEVER racist against whites, so who's to blame? the whites! and who are the MAJORITY, the whites! So they should lead by example and stop something THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY started

And it goes both way, but let's turn back the clock. If I remember correctly, the africans were NEVER racist against whites, so who's to blame? the whites! and who are the MAJORITY, the whites! So they should lead by example and stop something THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY started
    Are you referring to American history? The slave trade, apartheid and such? Because most of the world isn't Caucasian....

But, anyway.... Please read the addition I made to my last post. This thread was not created to discuss racism; it was created to discuss Fran and Balthier's relationship (and it's possible romantic nature). The thread has unfortunately developed into an "is Fran a suitable romantic partner for Balthier, and would a romantic relationship between them be appropriate?" thread, but those questions have more to do with speciesism than anything else, so...let's cut racism out of it.

I predict that this matter will be discussed quite a lot on these forums (and others) after the English release of the game.... But that remains to be seen. There will be those (like Savannah) who think of Fran as little more than an anthropomorphised rabbit... but I think that the majority will respect and support her. I've seen a lot of support for Fran/Balthier, already. The ship wars between Fran/Balthier supporters and Ashe/Balthier supporters have already begun.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    You are the man!

Umm there is nothing rascist about it. Its plain and simple beastiality. I like the couple but it is really just plain beastiality

Originally Posted by Ballistix Man
    Umm there is nothing rascist about it. Its plain and simple beastiality. I like the couple but it is really just plain beastiality
    1. That statement is contradictory. You support bestiality?

2. Have you even bothered to read the rest of the thread?

3. Fran has one body part that is the same as an "animal's" (though humans are animals, technically), but the rest of her is anthro/elf-like. And that body part is an appendage (her ears); from the head down, her body is completely human (apart from her claws....). More importantly - her soul, brain and behaviour are the same as a humans. She is fully intelligent and fully consenting.