Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Fran and Balthier?

Quote Originally Posted by scooby
    1. That statement is contradictory. You support bestiality?

2. Have you even bothered to read the rest of the thread?

3. Fran has one body part that is the same as an "animal's" (though humans are animals, technically), but the rest of her is anthro/elf-like. And that body part is an appendage (her ears); from the head down, her body is completely human (apart from her claws....). More importantly - her soul, brain and behaviour are the same as a humans. She is fully intelligent and fully consenting.
    My thoughts exactly. Like I said before, I WILL NOT take her out of my party, she'll always be there :meditate:

1. That statement is contradictory. You support bestiality?

2. Have you even bothered to read the rest of the thread?

3. Fran has one body part that is the same as an "animal's" (though humans are animals, technically), but the rest of her is anthro/elf-like. And that body part is an appendage (her ears); from the head down, her body is completely human (apart from her claws....). More importantly - her soul, brain and behaviour are the same as a humans. She is fully intelligent and fully consenting.
    1. I ahve no problem with beastiality but most people do.
    2. I read through this thread quite a few times.
    3. Ya have a point but I still see an animal when I look at her. ASnd really its my opinion. There is no analogue from other fictional works that you can come up with that will change my opinion.

Originally Posted by Ballistix Man
    1. I have no problem with bestiality, but most people do.
    Severe "No. Comment."

2. I read through this thread quite a few times.
    Yeah... you seem to hang around here quite a lot....
    3. Ya have a point but I still see an animal when I look at her. And really it's my opinion. There is no analogue from other fictional works that you can come up with that will change my opinion.
    Fair enough. Whatever.

Its not that I support beastiality but it has no efect on my life in anyway so if people have sex with a horse or dog it is no business of mine.

She doesn't have a tail. Her ears and claws are her only "rabbit" features. I'd estimate that that makes her about 3% rabbit, 17% Hume and 80% elf = Viera.
    http://ffxii.net/image.php?view=images/art/art10.jpg Looks like a tail to me-- a place in her armor to make way for one, anyway. But I haven't seen a clear shot of her butt so I can't say so with certainty. That's just what it looks like to me.

And humans are animals, anyway; evolved from apes, and all. You can even see the ape in some men (especially the hairy ones).
    Sure, humans are animals too. That doesn't make it okay to have sex with them, though.

Out of interest: how do you feel about Zidane - the Genome - with his tail? In particular - his relationship with Garnet (a human).
    All Zidane has is a tail, something not specific to any one species of animal. He isn't part-animal, he just has something that a variety of animals usually have. Fran's whole facial structure is different; she just looks too much like a bunny for my liking.

I can't believe what a huge issue this became, especially the racist remarks. Wow. Great way to fish for a character flaw when all there is to my opinion is the fact that I'M NOT TURNED ON BY RABBIT WOMEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah
    http://ffxii.net/image.php?view=images/art/art10.jpg Looks like a tail to me-- a place in her armor to make way for one, anyway. But I haven't seen a clear shot of her butt so I can't say so with certainty. That's just what it looks like to me.

Sure, humans are animals too. That doesn't make it okay to have sex with them, though.

All Zidane has is a tail, something not specific to any one species of animal. He isn't part-animal, he just has something that a variety of animals usually have. Fran's whole facial structure is different; she just looks too much like a bunny for my liking.

I can't believe what a huge issue this became, especially the racist remarks. Wow. Great way to fish for a character flaw when all there is to my opinion is the fact that I'M NOT TURNED ON BY RABBIT WOMEN.
    *bolds something surprising* REALLY??? So we can't have sex with humans? Oh man!

Let her have bunny ears! Quina looked a frog or something. Kihmari looked like a lion beast or something.

In the end, she's the best FFXII character, that's what matters to me

Originally Posted by Savannah
    But I haven't seen a clear shot of her butt so I can't say so with certainty.
    Clear shot of Fran's butt. She doesn't have a tail. I've seen FMVs which make this fact especially clear, but I can't take screencaps of them.
    All Zidane has is a tail, something not specific to any one species of animal. He isn't part-animal, he just has something that a variety of animals usually have.
    All Fran has is ears - something not specific to any one species of animal. She isn't part-animal - she just has something that a variety of animals have.

And...it looks like a monkey tail to me!
    ...I'M NOT TURNED ON BY RABBIT WOMEN.
    NEITHER AM I. I just think that she's essentially human, kickass and toooootally cute with Balthier.

What about Kuja? He's another oversexualised , underdressed character with one animal body part.
    Last edited by scooby; 06-22-2006 at 01:05 AM.

Clear shot of Fran's butt: http://www.ffxii.net/image.php?view=...ns/game/49.jpg
    She doesn't have a tail. I've seen FMVs which make this fact especially clear, but I can't take screencaps of them.
    All Fran has is ears - something not specific to any one species of animal. She isn't part-animal - she just has something that a variety of animals have.

And...it looks like a monkey tail to me!
    NEITHER AM I. I just think that she's essentially human, kickass and toooootally cute with Balthier.

What about Kuja? He's another oversexualised, underdressed character with one animal body part.
    Fo' Shizzle!

Default chillest couple ever

just wanted to vocally join the (swelling, hopefully) ranks of fran+balthier=swelteringly hot shippers this will be my favorite coupling in ff12, perhaps all ff and maybe even all video games. despite the fact that i'm in dead opposition with all those who either a) support balthier+ashe (turns to the side to regurgitate) or b) refuses to support fran+balthier on any grounds (particularly one that states that fran is not human and therefore....b/c neither is balthier..he is a hume...if he was supposed to be human, his bio would say he is human....this is a fantasy world, people, and in a fantasy world anything goes) all this conflict has me itching even more to play this game...october/november is too far away. i mean, they'd rather let loyal fans suffer in the name of holiday time profit? dubbing a game doesn't take more than a month or so. translation shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks either. this game (which I've been watching since i was in jr high (7yrs ago)) should be released latest by may early june assuming they didn't work on either translation or dubbing pre the japanese release. sorry, just had to rant about that.

Clear shot of Fran's butt: http://www.ffxii.net/image.php?view=...ns/game/49.jpg
    She doesn't have a tail. I've seen FMVs which make this fact especially clear, but I can't take screencaps of them.
    Still looks to me like there could be a place near the small of her back where her armor's making way for a tail.

Like I said, Fran's entire facial structure is different, and I can't think of any other animal that has ears like that.

What about Kuja? He's another oversexualised, underdressed character with one animal body part.
    Eh. I don't like men who look like women, either.

Originally Posted by Savannah
    Still looks to me like there could be a place near the small of her back where her armor's making way for a tail.
    No - that's one of the many randomly-placed spikes on her armour. She has them at her knees, at her ankles, at her wrists and at her upper thighs (pointing downwards). Her armour is very exaggeratedly serrated and spikey. In this picture you can see her rather ridiculous knee-spikes. She has one at the base of her spine, just above her thong (a vulnerable spot, I suppose). But I think the spikes have more to do with decoration, than anything.... After all, nothing about her armour seems to have been designed with practicality in mind....

But I can say with certainty that Fran does not have a tail. Viera do not have tails. A couple of Rava (the dark-skinned variety of Viera) can be glimpsed at the beginning of the opening FMV, and they clearly do not have tails, either.
    ...and I can't think of any other animal that has ears like that.
    Hares! :bigbiggri
    Originally Posted by nobuteru
    just wanted to vocally join the (swelling, hopefully) ranks of fran+balthier=swelteringly hot shippers
    Welcome! And...I think we are the majority, my friend - so take comfort!
    ...this is a fantasy world, people, and in a fantasy world anything goes...
    Thank-you! This is a superbly relevant argument that has been made elsewhere, but really needed to be introduced to this thread. Because, in the world of Ivalice, a Hume and a Viera can get together. In fact, as there are apparently no male Viera, this may be a common practice. Hume + Viera could = new Viera (?).

And...speaking of reproduction.... (SPOILER)Earlier in the thread, I posted what I had found on the Advent Children.net forums: about the picture of "Balthier" seen during the credits - in which he is holding a baby. Well, I have since watched the credits myself (on YouTube) and read much more about the game; it seems that the man in the picture is commonly believed to be, not Balthier (as was previously thought), but rather his father: Cid - holding Balthier as a young baby. I must say that I concur with the general consensus. The fact that the man is wearing glasses - as Cid notably does, and Balthier does not - is a bit of a giveaway, I feel. However, I don't think that this takes away from the strength of the evidence for Fran/Balthier.

Lastly: the HUGELY SPOILERIFIC FMV, from the end of the game, that contains Fran and Bal's "cute" scene (described earlier in the thread), is back up on YouTube (broadcast by someone else, this time) - for those who want to see it.
    Last edited by scooby; 10-15-2006 at 12:09 AM.

Default dido

thanx...my biggest concern is that in the english translation, they'll water down the relationship between fran and bal (and perhaps even shift it towards bal and ashe)...if so, i suppose i'll just have to buy the japanese version as well...

They cant shift anything with translation. I've seen all the games FMV's.

Aww man wish I could look at the spoilers, but maybe I'll forget about them once the game comes out in August, I think that Fran and Blthier the guy with the gun probably aren't lovers, well now you mention it, there might be a chance but it's just strange, rabbit ears? it's not like Lulu chose Khimari!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    BELOW

Its a couple. Its official.