Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fran and Balthier?

for those who don't understand japanese, just wait for the english version...after you have finish it, then you will know their relationship...

Default one more thing

Quote Originally Posted by The_White_Wizard_of_Fynn
    Coming back to you comparing Fran to arwen, scooby, didn't Arwen give up her immortality for Aragorn? I mean, she was a half-elf, so she could do that.... At least that's what my mom told me, and she's a HUGE fan of LotR.
    scooby did a good job of covering this, but i have one more thing to add...arwen is not half elf, she is 3/4 elf...her father was elrond and her mother was celebrian, daughter of galadriel and celeborn...but the elf vs human thing is really tricky...elrond had a brother, elros (also half human/half elf) and they were both given the choice to pick with which side they would identify. Elrond chose to be elven and elros chose to be man. It is from elros's side that the dunedain of numenor began and that is why aragorn has a longer life b/c he has elf blood in his lineage...i say that the matter is tricky b/c "being" elf seems to require more than just lineage. It seems like a bit of a choice is involved...anywho, being the lotr dork that i am, i just had to throw that in there...

I think they get together.

[TOTALLY OFF TOPIC PART OF POST]
    And I dunno why,every time I see either Balthier or Fran,I think of Pulp Fiction:

Fran:"I love you,Balthie!"

Balthier: "And I love you,Franny Bunny!"

Balthier: "Everybody be cool this is a robbery!

Fran:"ANY OF YOU ******* *****S MOVE AND I'LL EXECUTE EVERY MOTHER******* LAST ONE OF YOU!!!"

*cue in the pulp fiction theme*

Crazy,huh?

[END TOTALLY OFF TOPIC PART OF POST]

Quote Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
    [TOTALLY OFF TOPIC PART OF POST]
    And I dunno why,every time I see either Balthier or Fran,I think of Pulp Fiction:

Fran:"I love you, Balthie!"

Balthier: "And I love you, Franny Bunny!"

Balthier: "Everybody be cool this is a robbery!

Fran:"ANY OF YOU ******* *****S MOVE AND I'LL EXECUTE EVERY MOTHER******* LAST ONE OF YOU!!!"

*cue in the pulp fiction theme*

Crazy, huh?

[END TOTALLY OFF TOPIC PART OF POST]
    :laugh:

Not as crazy as it sounds, actually.... Fran and Balthier are "partners in crime", after all. Sort of like the Bonnie and Clyde of Final Fantasy....

Here's a Fran/Balthier (and Vaan) cutscene from the game (minor SPOILERS, EDIT: and now in English!!!). You'll notice that their approach to thievery is not quite as...violent as Yolanda and Ringo's, or Bonnie and Clyde's - but it still gets the job done (well, not in this case, as Vaan gets away...but still.... *coughs*).
    Last edited by scooby; 12-01-2006 at 05:58 PM.

(SPOILER)Yeah, Fran and Balflear does seems more like working partners in the game. The way they talk to each other doesn't indicate much deeper relationship. But then Balflear always would talk like that. There are hints at Ashe/Balflear though, especially in the ending.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think there will obviously be love interests in the game, but the oversized rabbit and that guy ain't it. That's just sick. If Square wanted a mixed race relationship then they could atleast make both characters humes.

I think there will obviously be love interests in the game, but the oversized rabbit and that guy ain't it. That's just sick. If Square wanted a mixed race relationship then they could atleast make both characters humes.
    Well what about Zidane and Garnet? Zidane wasnt human with his monkey tail, but still love blossomed. Its not sick because Fran's people are a race in the game living amongst the humes. Its a bizzare world that Square has created. The game is called Final Fantasy, so anything can happen.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I disliked the Zidane and Garnet relationship as well, but it made more sense for them to be together. They were both pretty un-human like. Zidane with his Dragon Ball Z tail and Garnet with her oversized head. They made the perfect weird pair.

Of course they get together. Square can be fairly predictable with these things, and they obviously intend for Balthier and Fran to get together.

Personally, I don't see why their relationship is so controversial. Who cares if its a mixed species relationship? Its done all the time in fantasies, particularly D&D. There are half elfs, half humans all the time, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by La Boomsikashod
    (SPOILER)Yeah, Fran and Balflear does seems more like working partners in the game. The way they talk to each other doesn't indicate much deeper relationship. But then Balflear always would talk like that. There are hints at Ashe/Balflear though, especially in the ending.
    Have you played the game?

(SPOILER)There are hints that Ashe - a lonely bereaved queen - has developed a crush on Balthier by the end of the game, but there are no hints that he reciprocates her feelings at all. In fact, he acts rather blasé about her perceived crush - as though having women, including queens, fall for him is nothing new. I expect it isn't; Balthier is good-looking, charming and charismatic - it's natural that women should fall for him.

Fran made a HUGE sacrifice to be with Balthier; the choice she made - to leave her village to be with him - has had irrevocable consequences for her: she will never be accepted back into her village, or see her family and friends again. She is now an outcast; all she has is Balthier.

Of course, Fran longed for freedom and adventure - but the dialogue in the scenes in Fran's village/Golmore Jungle suggest that Balthier himself was the main reason that Fran abandoned her past (which is NOT something you do for just anyone):

FRAN WALKS WITH BALTHIER.

Balthier: Taking the shortcut?

Fran: Yes.

Balthier: Didn't you abandon your past?

Fran: There's no other way. I'm doing this for you, too.

Balthier: Hmm?

Fran: You're anxious, aren't you? The Nethicite's making you that way. It shows on your face more than you think.

YUTO LISTENS TO THE VOICE OF THE FOREST.

Yuto: It only feels nostalgia for you who left the village.

Fran: I'm happy even for the lie.

Yuto: Be careful. What the forest hates is the Hume who took you away.

Fran: I'm the same as a Hume now. Isn't that right? Goodbye, sister.

There is also a scene that I found to be very shippy.... It was up on YouTube, but it's been taken down.

Here is a description of said scene:

Fran is lying on her back, talking to Balthier, who bends over her. Her words are slow, pained (is she wounded?), and one of her hands is cupping his cheek. She smiles weakly up at him. The camera cuts to Balthier, who gazes down at her lovingly. He gently pulls her hand from his face and clasps it with his own. He smiles sadly and closes his eyes - looking both deathly afraid and "blissed out".

This is the dialogue from that scene:

Penelo: Fran!?

Fran: The mist is burning... the cocoon...throbbing... burst!

Fran: The cocoon will explode... get out of here... as fast as you can.

Balthier: Hey, Fran....

Fran: Show me how fast you can run... You're Balthier, the quickest sky pirate of all... aren't you?

Balthier: Don't leave me now.

The look in Balthier's eyes in this scene cannot be said to be anything but deep, burning love.

In addition to this, Balthier is rather possessive of Fran at times. He tells Vaan off for gawping at her when they first meet.

How could the small amount of physical chemistry between Ashe and Balthier possibly compete with the long history and deep love and trust that Fran and Balthier share?

Most everyone who's played the game thinks that there is something "more" between Fran and Bal.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow. Well there you go. Square is really predictable. Am I the only one who thinks that it seems like Beastilly?

the last time i checked beastilly wasn't a word...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Griever
    Wow. Well there you go. Square is really predictable. Am I the only one who thinks that it seems like Beastilly?

I'm sure you're not. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks at them like any other couple.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by nobuteru
    It's a term used to describe humans who have sex with animals or atleast that's what I checked.

EDIT:
    Bestiality that's it!
    Last edited by Shiny; 06-05-2006 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Griever
    Quote Originally Posted by nobuteru
    It's a term used to describe humans who have sex with animals or at least that's what I checked.
    "Beastilly" is not a word. I think you meant to write "bestiality", which is a word used to describe sexual relations between a human and an animal. But as neither Fran nor Balthier is an "animal" (at least not one more than the other), I don't see why you're bringing the subject of bestiality into this topic.