Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fran and Balthier?

Default oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Griever
    Quote Originally Posted by nobuteru
    the last time i checked beastilly wasn't a word...
    It's a term used to describe humans who have sex with animals or atleast that's what I checked.

EDIT:
    Bestiality that's it!
    i'm not quite sure why a relationship between a hume and a viera should bother anyone. think about it; it would only be "bestiality" if a human had sex with a hume, or if a human had sex with a viera, etc..., right? But, since ff12 takes place in a fictional universe w/o humans (as far as we know) there's no such thing as bestiality by the definition you came up with. in fact, since it is a fictional universe, couldn't you (mis)construe "bestiality" as vieras sleeping with humes, rather than humes sleeping with vieras? the point is, i think, that there is no defense on the grounds of bestiality for protesting a relationship between fran and balthier.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

i'm not quite sure why a relationship between a hume and a viera should bother anyone. think about it; it would only be "bestiality" if a human had sex with a hume, or if a human had sex with a viera, etc..., right? But, since ff12 takes place in a fictional universe w/o humans (as far as we know) there's no such thing as bestiality by the definition you came up with. in fact, since it is a fictional universe, couldn't you (mis)construe "bestiality" as vieras sleeping with humes, rather than humes sleeping with vieras? the point is, i think, that there is no defense on the grounds of bestiality for protesting a relationship between fran and balthier.
    I thought humes were equivalent to humans. And viera were some type of half hume, half animalistic race.

Default well...

if we were going to get technical we'd have to take a look at their genetic make up, right? but, i think the fact still remains that ivalice is a fictitious world without humans...if squenix wanted humes to be humans then they would have called them that. so, in short, i think that since humes aren't humans there is no case for bestiality. for it to be bestiality humes and humans would have to be the same thing.

I think you're both missing the point, here. Humes are the same as humans. But for the Fran/Balthier coupling to involve bestiality, Fran would have to be an animal - instead of the elf-like human woman with rabbit ears (i.e. Viera) that she is. Really, are a creature's ears such a big part of them? If Fran was a rabbit with human ears (hard to picture, I know), would people be calling her a human/half-human?

Oh my. They are a VIDEOGAME COUPLE. Why are people so up in arms like this is some kind of gay marriage issue? o.O It makes no sense to me. If you're offended by them, don't let them into your heart. Or uh, don't buy the game.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Well every FF has some romance(Cloud & Tifa, Zidane & Dagger etc) so this one shouldnt be no different.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

Quote Originally Posted by a nirvana fan
    Well every FF has some romance (Cloud & Tifa, Zidane & Dagger etc.), so this one shouldn't be any different.
    I don't think that FFs I, II, III and XI have any (significant) romance, but I'm not sure - I have yet to play them. And neither does FFVII, as far as I'm concerned.

Default well...

Quote Originally Posted by scooby
    I think you're both missing the point, here. Humes are the same as humans. But for the Fran/Balthier coupling to involve bestiality, Fran would have to be an animal - instead of the elf-like human woman with rabbit ears (i.e. Viera) that she is. Really, are a creature's ears such a big part of them? If Fran was a rabbit with human ears (hard to picture, I know), would people be calling her a human/half-human?
    i think you've missed the point. do explain to me how humes and humans are the same? then, you can explain to me how fran is half human half whatever (rabbit, i would presume you'd say). and if fran was shaped like a bunny but with human ears, then we would call her whatever the authors of that fictitious universe named her. balthier is not human. the people at squenix seem like a relatively smart and logical bunch to me. it isn't that hard to spell the word human. not much harder than the word hume. i like to think people make choices like that for a reason. my case is simple. there is no argument for bestiality on the grounds of balthier being human and fran being something else. i also don't think it's nearly the big deal with massive moral implications that people are making it into. it's a video game. i thought this thread would discuss the possiblity of the relationship on other grounds. the way you'd discuss the possiblity of a relationship between say vaan and penelo.

i think you've missed the point. do explain to me how humes and humans are the same? then, you can explain to me how fran is half human half whatever (rabbit, i would presume you'd say). and if fran was shaped like a bunny but with human ears, then we would call her whatever the authors of that fictitious universe named her. balthier is not human. the people at squenix seem like a relatively smart and logical bunch to me. it isn't that hard to spell the word human. not much harder than the word hume. i like to think people make choices like that for a reason. my case is simple. there is no argument for bestiality on the grounds of balthier being human and fran being something else. i also don't think it's nearly the big deal with massive moral implications that people are making it into. it's a video game. i thought this thread would discuss the possibility of the relationship on other grounds. the way you'd discuss the possibility of a relationship between say vaan and penelo.
    WHAT?!?! You've completely misunderstood me!!! We're in agreement, here! Please read what I wrote again! I agree that there are no grounds on which to claim that Fran/Balthier is bestiality! The only reason I'm discussing this at all is because people keep bringing it up; I'm defending the couple! I was saying that I DO NOT think that Fran is "half-rabbit" or "half-animal", as I don't think that ears make up half of a creature. She's more like...2% rabbit. I put forth the "rabbit with human ears" scenario as an inverse example - to try to illustrate how ears are a very minor body part.

I do think that "Humes" are pretty much humans under a different name.... But it wouldn't matter even if they were - because Fran is not an animal or a "half-animal", anyway!

That is what I was saying.

And believe me, I would happily move on to discussing something else in this thread!

(SPOILER)ok then, so baltheir was shown in teh end with a baby right? does anyone have a video showing that part? i've only seen teh parts when penelo was explaining how everyone got their good endings and nothing about the credits and after the credits.

oya...about bestiality, it's is a Final Fantasy so it might be possible for a human and viera to go together. After all, Hojo from ff7 wanted to try something with aeris and red xiii if i remember correctly. i'm pretty sure red xiii is an animal. So if full animals and a human can be experimented why not a part 2% bunny (according to scooby) and a human like race called Hume?
    Last edited by atlanteay; 06-10-2006 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay
    (SPOILER)ok then, so balthier was shown in teh end with a baby right? does anyone have a video showing that part? i've only seen teh parts when penelo was explaining how everyone got their good endings and nothing about the credits and after the credits.
    Mark your post with SPOILER tags, please! I want this thread to remain relatively spoiler-free.

I hope the bottom of this post answers your question (spoiler-tagged): http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost....2&postcount=56

im so sorry
    oops. must've missed that link in that long post of yours

it says on this site that they're planning a ffxii-2. Maybe a sequal would clear up about (SPOILER)balthier and fran affairs

Default ah, i see...

i think you've missed the point. do explain to me how humes and humans are the same? then, you can explain to me how fran is half human half whatever (rabbit, i would presume you'd say). and if fran was shaped like a bunny but with human ears, then we would call her whatever the authors of that fictitious universe named her. balthier is not human. the people at squenix seem like a relatively smart and logical bunch to me. it isn't that hard to spell the word human. not much harder than the word hume. i like to think people make choices like that for a reason. my case is simple. there is no argument for bestiality on the grounds of balthier being human and fran being something else. i also don't think it's nearly the big deal with massive moral implications that people are making it into. it's a video game. i thought this thread would discuss the possibility of the relationship on other grounds. the way you'd discuss the possibility of a relationship between say vaan and penelo.
    WHAT?!?! You've completely misunderstood me!!! We're in agreement, here! Please read what I wrote again! I agree that there are no grounds on which to claim that Fran/Balthier is bestiality! The only reason I'm discussing this at all is because people keep bringing it up; I'm defending the couple! I was saying that I DO NOT think that Fran is "half-rabbit" or "half-animal", as I don't think that ears make up half of a creature. She's more like...2% rabbit. I put forth the "rabbit with human ears" scenario as an inverse example - to try to illustrate how ears are a very minor body part.

I do think that "Humes" are pretty much humans under a different name.... But it wouldn't matter even if they were - because Fran is not an animal or a "half-animal", anyway!

That is what I was saying.

And believe me, I would happily move on to discussing something else in this thread!
    sorry about that. my misunderstanding. i'm glad someone agrees with me, though

(SPOILER)ok then, so balthier was shown in teh end with a baby right? does anyone have a video showing that part? i've only seen teh parts when penelo was explaining how everyone got their good endings and nothing about the credits and after the credits.
    Mark your post with SPOILER tags, please! I want this thread to remain relatively spoiler-free.

I hope the bottom of this post answers your question (spoiler-tagged): http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost....2&postcount=56
    do you have a video of that scene with (SPOILER)the baby?? i've heard people talk about the scene but i want to see it myself and that post only has teh ending without credits. Not how balthier and fran were(SPOILER) trapped inside the thing and balthier holding fran because she got hit by a falling object

do you have a video of that scene with (SPOILER)the baby?? i've heard people talk about the scene but i want to see it myself and that post only has teh ending without credits. Not how balthier and fran were(SPOILER) trapped inside the thing and balthier holding fran because she got hit by a falling object
    It was briefly up on YouTube for a short time after the game was released in Japan - that's how I got to see it - but it's been down for a while now. Sorry. I guess you'll either have to see if someone else puts it on YouTube, or just wait until the English game is released in October - to see it for yourself.

The picture of Fran and Bal that DLLS posted on the first page of the thread is a coloured version of the one from the (SPOILER)credits. All of the pictures seen during the credits are sepia-toned - probably to illustrate that they are from the past. Other images seen include: one of Vaan and Penelo hanging out on the streets with some other orphans, one of Ashe (but I can't remember what she was doing), one of the young man with glasses (believed to be Cid) cradling a baby in his arms, and a couple of a trio of young Viera (likely Fran and her two sisters) - putting their heads together in one, and peering through a window in the other.

Because I'm feeling generous , I'm going to attach a few nice pictures of Fran and Bal to this post . I love them sooooo much.

Edited to add: You're in luck! I found a video of the credits! Download it at this URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRMM9_9t7D4

I also found a few more pictures from the (SPOILER)credits (in their original sepia tone):

Ashe
    Lord Rasler
    Vayne and Larsa (courtesy of Fior di Battaglia)
    (SPOILER)Cid and baby Balthier

Credit for all of the above pictures goes to Master LL's Videos - except where noted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scooby; 10-15-2006 at 12:51 AM.