Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fran and Balthier?

idk but if they are it wont be played up this is actually an ff game that doint revolve around love triangles and such these hardly any romance in this game
    EMBRACE THE DARKNESS

Default Just adding...

Just adding a little bit...

This is my first post here, so I don't know if this needs a spoiler thing, but I'll do it anyway (I think? Not sure...) it really has nothing to do with the plot. (SPOILER)In the NA version, after Draklor, when you find that Viera woman and set her up with the guy in the plaza, he makes a comment that he never would have thought to be with a Viera if he hadn't seen "that sky pirate and his Viera partner." Now: he considers romance with a Viera after seeing Balthier and Fran. If you saw two people walking down the street, just side by side, why would that make you consider romance with a Viera? Unless, of course, they were somehow affectionate with each other? Just a thought.
    Don't know if that needed the spoiler warning, but it's there just in case.

Yeah, I knew it'd happen, but I didn't see what was supposed to be at the AdventChildren.net link. Something's very wrong with it.
    Vote in my EoFF Popularity Poll for every game and character in the series thus far: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8N6VZ98!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Yeah, I knew it'd happen, but I didn't see what was supposed to be at the AdventChildren.net link. Something's very wrong with it.
    it just has a lot of speculations and spoilers about the ending and the credits.

I got the Mal / Zoey vibe off Balthier and Fran as well, though I still fell in love with the idea of them together. She says a few things to him that realy touched me (unsure how to Spoiler tag, so I won't list specifics). I keep waiting for Balthier to say somehting meaningful back to her though.

In any case, I think Balthier's blase attitude matches well with how serrious Fran is. They're both sad characters, but they're handling it differently. I like to think he might be "goofing off" to lighten her mood sometimes.

Given their lifestyle, I wonder how important their relative lifespans are to the question. What difference does the potential to outlive him by a 100 yeasr make if you both might be dead next week? Fran at least seems deep enough to have thought about this.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica85r View Post
    I got the Mal / Zoey vibe off Balthier and Fran as well, though I still fell in love with the idea of them together. She says a few things to him that realy touched me (unsure how to Spoiler tag, so I won't list specifics). I keep waiting for Balthier to say somehting meaningful back to her though.

In any case, I think Balthier's blase attitude matches well with how serrious Fran is. They're both sad characters, but they're handling it differently. I like to think he might be "goofing off" to lighten her mood sometimes.

Given their lifestyle, I wonder how important their relative lifespans are to the question. What difference does the potential to outlive him by a 100 yeasr make if you both might be dead next week? Fran at least seems deep enough to have thought about this.
    You're smart for a n00b.

goddamnit you guys have it all wrong, fran wants to be with balthier but he's not having it. they are strictly f buddies, and he's trying to get in on ashe's goodies too.

I can see Fran's feelings being unrequited, but I would expect "f buddies" to be more physically affectionate and less concerned for eachother.

Dynast Kid: Thankyou. I'll confess I lurked for about a week before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
    goddamnit you guys have it all wrong, fran wants to be with balthier but he's not having it. they are strictly f buddies, and he's trying to get in on ashe's goodies too.
    hahaha, that was good. you never know...balthier does seem like a player if you ask me.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

hehe, when the world is coming to an end i'll be holding on to my final fantasy games and getting ready to kill the bad guys

i think they're is a relationship between them, i mean, you seen them together when u meet them, duh, along with that they work together and they know each other well, well, balthier knows her well,

Fran knows him pretty well too.

(SPOILER)
    Not only does she spot his discomfort with the Nethecite, but she knows he can handle her telling him so in Golmore jungle.

I forget the exact wording, but she tells him there that she is going back to her village as much for him as herself. That's when I fell in love with the idea of them together.
    I am employee #1135: master of paperwork.

They probably got much closer after the Bahamut incident.

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jessica85r View Post

Wow, this made me very sad. I like Fran and Balthier, and i have thought of them as a couple before, but the whole situation reminds me very much of Tidus and Yuna (post- Macalania). they would probably want to be together-which would make me happy- but they know that they cant because Fran, like you said, would surpass him in life by quite a few years. Also, Fran has that whole situation going on back home, and may feel as though she is unworthy.

Now, unless i missed the point completely, this is a very saddening situation . I hope they do get together as most of you suggest (i have yet to finish the game).

As for ashe and Baltheir, ashe is still in love with her dead husband (someone said it, i just cant remember who- but props to whoever did b/c they got it right)

Polaris is the master of all sig-making!

Quote Originally Posted by Annio Domini View Post
    Wow, this made me very sad. I like Fran and Balthier, and i have thought of them as a couple before, but the whole situation reminds me very much of Tidus and Yuna (post- Macalania). they would probably want to be together-which would make me happy- but they know that they cant because Fran, like you said, would surpass him in life by quite a few years. Also, Fran has that whole situation going on back home, and may feel as though she is unworthy.
    I can see that. Fran's subdued manner could also be taken for sadness. (SPOILER)If you talk to Fran outside the Viera village after the specific plot with it passes, she speaks of not having had the strength to live as Viera should.
    I think that her lack of confidence is a bigger hinderance tha the age thing.

Perhapse part of Balthier's blase attitude is he's waiting for her to get that "trusted partner = I think you're worth it".

Quote Originally Posted by Annio Domini View Post
    As for ashe and Baltheir, ashe is still in love with her dead husband (someone said it, i just cant remember who- but props to whoever did b/c they got it right)
    I think the bigger issue with an Ashe / Balthier pairing is that he doesn't seem to want to stay in one place and eventually Ashe is going to be very tied to one place (I haven't played all the way through. If this isn't the case, don't tell me). Of course, this is just another point in Fran's favor as she seems inclined to go wherever he's going.
    I am employee #1135: master of paperwork.

I was totally wondering if they like each other...they do seem like a really cute couple...I dont know I'm trying to look into this more...but i have seen a few fanarts of them looking romantic with each other lol but those are just fanart