Thread: [3D]Firefly class ship. (Image heavy)

Blog Entries

Default [3D]Firefly class ship. (Image heavy)

Ho ho, Some crap I'm modeling inbetween work.

WingThruster.

Thruster with wing.

Early rear engine.

Rear engine with gantry.

Rear engine with added pipework.

This isn't a replication of the Firefly ship from Firefly/Serenity. It's just a Firefly class ship. So please don't make comparisions to it.

Also the renders aren't anything special, they were just quick renders made to show a few people in irc at the time and get a little feedback from them.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Nice work. Mind if I see some wires?

Edit: Not sure if the original has nickeling, but do you plan to sub-d it or soften the edges to make it look smoother?
    Last edited by Rostum; 08-05-2008 at 09:10 AM.

Blog Entries

thats sweet stu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Nice work. Mind if I see some wires?

Edit: Not sure if the original has nickeling, but do you plan to sub-d it or soften the edges to make it look smoother?
    Not sure what you mean by nickeling. If you mean the faceted look, then yes, I'll be adding a smooth modifier to the the mesh when I come to add textures. As I said, this isn't a replica of the original ship, it's just a Firefly class ship.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

President of SoulfireSoft Ledious's Avatar

Hey!! cool! Thats really good, what program are you using for this? do you have any other examples of your modeling?
    creative director of Soulfire Soft, public site coming soon!!! -_^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ledious View Post
    Hey!! cool! Thats really good, what program are you using for this? do you have any other examples of your modeling?
    I'm using 3ds max for this, but I can use Maya and SoftImage XSI too. As for other examples, I do have some. Some I can show and others I can't due to signing NDA's.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF NERDS!!

Myself included. It's pretty!

Blog Entries

Some wires.

Some close up detailing.

Some more close up detailing.

Left view wire.

Some details.

Top view wire.

Wing with thruster.

Side view with the cowl.

President of SoulfireSoft Ledious's Avatar

Oh those are very nice! So what exactly are you doing with this anyway, I checked out your site and I don't really understand what its for. Is it a game studio or an animation studio? Those models have a much higher poly count than mine from the looks of it so I wouldn't think it would be for game design.
    creative director of Soulfire Soft, public site coming soon!!! -_^

Blog Entries

My website is for arsing about with a couple of friends, hence it not doing anything.

At the moment as is, the model stands at 174,458 polys, which is not all that high considering, too high for a game. And I'm doing it for skullskullskullskulls and giggles. I have no real reason to do it, much like why I modelled the APU from the 3rd Matrix movie and started modeling the Sentinel. I just like to keep up the practice.

Default The final product?

I want to find a 3d model that I can put into my Garmin product. The Garmin GPS units allow a 3d avatar for your car, and I'm presently obsessed with having Serenity there. Any ideas?