Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter the character. I find him to be something of a selfish little jerk at times (and really, fanboy, dont jump on me just because I dont agree with you). Especially in OotP. I was so disgusted with him after his thoughts about Neville on the train (Neville and Luna not being 'cool' enough). Neville has never once doubted Harry, and I dont think Harry appreciates that.

Harry drove me nuts all through HPB.

Anyway, for me, it's the world and the supporting character that make HP books so good.

I didnt start reading HP until after I was forced to watch the first movie. Once I saw the scene at the train station with Fred and George ("Really woman, and you call yourself our mother?") I was completly in love.

Hmm.. I should make a Fred Weasley sig xD

They are moody adults not teens there is a diffenrence. Its small and minscule but its there.

Maybe she was refering to Squall. I liked him because I was a teen whilst playing it and I wanted the world to leave me be.

Especially in OotP. I was so disgusted with him after his thoughts about Neville on the train (Neville and Luna not being 'cool' enough).
    I agree, the fame of being the boy who lived had gone to his head abit there maybe. Far enough Neville and Luna arent the popular wizards, but they are so unique and interesting.

Squall. Oh the one from the only FF I hate. Makes sence

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Maybe she was refering to Squall. I liked him because I was a teen whilst playing it and I wanted the world to leave me be.

Especially in OotP. I was so disgusted with him after his thoughts about Neville on the train (Neville and Luna not being 'cool' enough).
    I agree, the fame of being the boy who lived had gone to his head abit there maybe. Far enough Neville and Luna arent the popular wizards, but they are so unique and interesting.
    I agree with Harry that they arent exactly the coolest kids on the block. Luna is downright odd, and he barely knew her then. It just angered me that Neville, uncool and nerdly though he may be, has always always had Harry's back. He's stood up for Harry easily as often as Hermione and Ron, perhaps moreso. It really bothered me that Harry was embarassed to be seen with him in front of Cho, after all that Neville has said in Harry's defense.

Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter the character. I find him to be something of a selfish little jerk at times (and really, fanboy*, dont jump on me just because I dont agree with you). Especially in OotP. I was so disgusted with him after his thoughts about Neville on the train (Neville and Luna not being 'cool' enough). Neville has never once doubted Harry, and I dont think Harry appreciates that.

Harry drove me nuts all through HPB.
    Oh, I'm not very fond of Harry (the guy), either. Mostly because he lies, cheats, spies on people, is fatally reckless, and has a nasty vengeful streak. It just bothers me when people rag on him for his moodiness. I think he has earned it far more than your average teenager.

Meh - I'm being self-contradictory. Forget it.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

He certainly has the right to be sad and upset about a lot of the things that happen to him. He's been through a lot. But he takes it out on other people so often that it's really just disgusting. Particularily in OotP when he was snapping at Hermione every other page. That's the moodiness that bothers most people, I'm sure. Not his sadness over the loss of his parents, the weight of his burden, and the death in his life.

Blog Entries

Off topic, here's the two goblins:

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (137.2 KB, 6 view)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (29.1 KB, 6 view)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (149.8 KB, 6 view)

It just bothers me when people rag on him for his moodiness. I think he has earned it far more than your average teenager.
    Well let it bother you, come on its an opinion. And what do you mean hes earned it? He lost his parents? So have many other teens out there, who are real, not fictional characters. Some teens dont even have a family! My boyfriend knows a guy whose entire close family died in a pile up on a family outing! He know has to live with complete strangers. I can repsect that guy if hes pissed off and moody. Harrys attitdude towards others, specially his friends sometimes is cruel and should be lucky they remain his friends.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

*orgasms*

Christ, they are so freaking hot. And their characters are easily the best in the series (just my opinion )

Oh Fred Weasley *caresses*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    *orgasms*

Christ, they are so freaking hot. And their characters are easily the best in the series (just my opinion )

How can you single him out? They look exactly alike.

Oh! The pics didnt show up before, wondered what you were talking about Chris. How the heck can you tell them apart? Ive never looked close enough to find out! ANd I think they look more attractive now then in the last 3 movies, I like their trendy hairstyles

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    *orgasms*

How can you single him out? They look exactly alike.
    Well first off, Fred is a more outgoing character than George.

Secondly, I can usually tell which is which. They dont look exactly alike, Oliver (George) has a mole on the right side of his neck.

Blog Entries

Secondly, I can usually tell which is which. They dont look exactly alike, Oliver (George) has a mole on the right side of his neck.
    So much detail. That disturbs me a little. :sweatdrop

I wish they would cast Grace Jones in the next movie.

As a member of the Ministry or a Death Eater?