Thread: Underleveled

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Default Underleveled

I was on my way to get Locke like 3 weeks ago. I kept dyiing, got pissed, and just left the game be. I\'m still dying. What level should I be, I can\'t get past the third encounter.

And how do I summon an esper?
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

If you're on the Phoenix Cave then you need at least eight party members found to fill up both slots. I've heard rumours that this game can be completed at very low levels (then again what FF can't be?), so really it's more about how you setup your party and how much prep in terms of learned spells/equipment/curative items etc. There's no set level that you should be at at any point of the game, though I like to use the rule of three - When in doubt, level up three times (FF8 et al. notwithstanding).
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Pft, work? Never. I\'m off to fight Kefka then.
    It's a sentimental jury

Moogle Charm.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Locke is just a filthy thief anyway. And the risk of getting the bird flu from Phoenix is way too high. Go fight Kefka.

I got the moogle charm. I haven\\\'t taught anyone but my desired party magic, and Locke knows a lot. What a waste of time that would be if I left him there.

HOW DO I SUMMON AN ESPER?
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 03-21-2006 at 09:55 PM.
    It's a sentimental jury

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Go to your Magic tab in the Main Screen, and there is a another list that says ESPERS. Go to it, and it bring up a list of all the Epsers that you have. Attach one to a character, and in battle, go to the magic tab, and press up. If a character has it attached, then it can use the summon once per battle.

Damn nik sent me on a sidequest for a charachter I won\'t use. Mog I needed, Gogo sucks. I\'m never listening to you about non ff8 matters again.
    It's a sentimental jury

Gogo doesn't suck, he can use any ability in the game, go to his status menu and there will be a cursor and you can set any 3 moves/skills of any other PC in the game, and he has the magic of any character in your party, so as long as one of the other 3 know a spell knows it, he'll know it

THE JACKEL

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by bbomber72000
    Damn nik sent me on a sidequest for a charachter I won\'t use. Mog I needed, Gogo sucks. I\'m never listening to you about non ff8 matters again.
    So, two Bum Rushes per round of battle ISN'T good enough for you? I'm sorry, but in total, it does 19998 damage per round. This == Kefka dead in 3 rounds + one hit attack from Strago. You don't need Mog either. The only people you need are Setzer, Celes, and Edgar (surprisingly enough, you don't NEED to get Terra, but since she is so freaking useful, awesome, and plot integral, you HAVE to get her). If you WANT to get everyone else, you can. It is for mere convenience that you get the Moogle Charm (gets rid of random battles for one of the three groups).

19998 + 19998 + 19998 + (-700) >= 55000, the last time I checked.
    Better than throwing Atma Weapon, which causes instant death for Jedis; but Kefka is not a Jedi, now is he?

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

to use espers just select magic then press up until you get to it and gogo is far from useless as he can use every ability on the game(i dont think he can use gaus rages but i may be wrong.) + his own unique mime ability which is underrated by a lot of people because mime can do a lot of great things if you use it properly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Bah! Getting Terra Necessary please don't make me laugh it is more fun AND I might add difficult to use only the three characters you are FORCED to get in the WoR and beat the game in under 6:30.
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Her isn't, but I never said you shouldn't get her. If you don't, and should playing FF all together.

to use espers just select magic then press up until you get to it and gogo is far from useless as he can use every ability on the game(i dont think he can use gaus rages but i may be wrong.) + his own unique mime ability which is underrated by a lot of people because mime can do a lot of great things if you use it properly.
    As I previously stated, two Bum Rushes.

Mog I needed, I\'m a n00b and am using the moogle charm to get Locke.

Terra IS necassary, she knows almost every spell.
    It's a sentimental jury

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

She isn't necessary, as far plot requirements go, but since the first half of the game was about HER, she knows everything, and can Morph, you really SHOULD get Terra. But if you tried to beat the game without her, it is possible. Not that anyone would want to try.