Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultima Shadow's and Trumpet Thief's SMRPG challange!

Blog Entries

I think they have about 150 HP. What Party do you use? Peach should be in the party for healing purpose. Her Group Hug is awesome. Just use Bowser's timed physical attacks and Mario's normal "Jump" until they go down. Focus at one of them at a time. When there's only 1 left, it will escape. Don't waste Bad Mushrooms in these battles... you'll need them for Jonathan Jones.

Also, Smilax is BY FAR the toughest boss so far. He makes Belome 2 look like a patetic wimp.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I accidentally save stated stuck on the corner of a wall, and I have to fight an encounter to get out.

Should I win the encounter or load a four hour-old save state.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bbomber72000
    I accidentally save stated stuck on the corner of a wall, and I have to fight an encounter to get out.

Should I win the encounter or load a four hour-old save state.
    Can't you escape? And at what point in the game are you? Still in the Sunken Ship?

Anyways... since you're using save states, I guess you can make up for the EXP you gain from that battle by buying that Lucky-Egg thingy and then use it in the end of a boss battle and make sure you get the chanse to get double EXP, but instead make sure you get "NO EXP"... if you know what I mean.

Edit: Just beat Smilax on my 7th try!

Edit2: Ok, those 2 Ice Bombs that I bought a long time ago were really, really useful. Seriously... let's just say that I'm really happy I bought them and didn't waste them earlier.

I got to Birdo... and it's bloody impossible to do any dammage at all with physical or special attacks. She got 800 HP, and everything except Super Jump would do 0-2 dammage. Super Jump will do about 1 dammage for every hit... so that's seriously not really an option either. I actually thought that I was stuck for a while, but then I remembered those Ice Bombs. Those alone wouldn't be enough to finish Birdo, but with Power Blast on my characters, they would atleast do some serious dammage. Now, the thing is... I got really, really lucky. I got a freebie twice! So I was able to use Ice Bomb a total of 4 times! And since every Ice Bomb would do more than 200 dammage, and Birdo only got 800, that was enough to finish her. From now on, Ice Bombs officially rules!
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 03-31-2006 at 07:56 PM.

Alrighty, thanks. I'mm on the sunken ship, I was awaiting your sgacious counsel.
    It's a sentimental jury

You poeple are challange crazy. At least it keeps people interested, like me.

I'm now expelled from school, so I'll ATTEMPT to get ahead of Ultima shadow, since being #1 is important to me because I'm insecure.

Alright, I'm fighting Yardovich now, I've already gotten the bright card also.
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 04-04-2006 at 05:50 PM.
    It's a sentimental jury

Blog Entries

Hehe, lucky for you, I haven't been able to play because of school for a while. So chanses are you'll get ahead of me.

However... I got some time today... and I've now just entered the Barrel Volcano.

Dodo and Valentina were even tougher than Smilax. I got 8 Game Overs on this boss. The only thing you really need to worry about is status effects like Sleep. But Valentina got 2 moves that inflicts sleep on your entire party. And if your entire party is asleep, you're dead. The Dodo-duel wasn't too bad. I just had Bowser fight him with a Bracer and Energeizer.

I haven't even thought about getting the Star Egg yet. It will without a doubt be the most useful item you'll ever get, if you get it. But I'll try to atleast get out of the Volcano and beat the Axem Rangers before getting it.

Blog Entries

Default Update

Okay, so it seems like I'm the only one who's still doing this. Ah well...

The Czar dragon was no pushover. Even with Crystaline, Water Blast would leave Mario with only 1 HP left if he had full HP before the attack. And the rest of the party members wouldn't be in a very good shape either. Sure, all I had to do was fully recover the perty with a Group Hug... but then, the Czar Dragon started to summon those small magma balls that would self-destruct at my party members, causing heavy dammage even when blocked... then a singel Water Blast would pretty much mean instant Game Over. It was extremely hard to do any serious dammage to the first form. I had to use a Rock Candy twice because of this, but luckily I got a freebie both times. Once in the second form, Bowser's and even Peach's physical attacks could do some decent dammage, and eventually, Czar Dragon's second form ran out of FP so then I could pretty much just sit back and press the physical attack button over and over again.

Now, after finally beating the Czar dragon, I finally started to regret that I didn't get that stupid Star Egg item. The Axem Rangers caused me a lot more trouble than any other boss so far. Axem Black would always get the first strike, he would always strike twice, and whenever he used a bomb (which he did pretty often) it would always be an instant-kill. Ouch. On top of that, Axem Green's Meteor Blast and Solidfy would do almost as much dammage to my entire party as the Czar Dragon's Water Blast did. The other 3 Axem Rangers were nowhere near as bad as Axem Black and Axem Green, but they couldn still kill even a Crystaline'd Bowser in 2 hits. So... after a few attempts, I went the whole way back, out of the Volcano, and got myself 4 Rock Candies. Yup, it seemed like there was no other way. But even with the Rock Candies, these guys couldn't be taken lightly. The Breaker Beam would instant-kill Mario, so I didn't bother reviving him. I just had Bowser attack and Peach heal with Group Hug during that part of the battle.

Next stop: Bowser's keep!

You need to update this challenge soon, i'm interested.

I'm busy making the Super Mario RPG section for the frontsite.
    It's a sentimental jury

Blog Entries

I will update soon. I've just been busy with school and crap lately, so I've not been able to get any futher than last time. I'm still just about to enter Bowser's Keep. But hopefully, I'll get some time later today.

Edit: Okay, so I finally got the star egg. Since you has to fight a Pirana Plant that you normaly would have been able to avoid, you must use the Lucky Jewel in that battle (I sold the Lucky Jewel afterwards). And then, after spending a whole lot of time playing Grate Guy's little annoying mini game, I finally got the Star Egg. Also, after getting the Star Egg, I sold the bright card to that old guy in Marrymore for 10 Frog Coins, which I spent on 2 Crystalines and 2 Power Blasters.

Now, off to Bowser's Keep!

All the puzzels and stuff are just like in a normal playtrough, except this time around you must avoid choosing the battle doors (door 2 and door 5). You'll get a lot of useful items in here. Almost TOO many useful items. I had to throw away 2 Max Mushrooms and 1 Royal Syrup in order to make place for Kerokerocolas, Fire Bombs and Rock Candies etc.

Anyways... the first boss battle is really up to you whenever it's hard or not. If you choose to waste all your Rock Candies, it's pice of cake. However... wasting Rock Candies unless you really has to is not what I would suggest. In other words, I choosed the slightly harder way and used the Star Egg instead. As usual, Power Blast and Crystaline were both used in this battle. Luckily, I got a freebie with both so I still have 2 left of each. Magikoopa took 3 tries. The last time (the time I won the battle), he only summoned the Jinx Clone. Oh well... while Magikoopa was a decent battle, he couldn't even be compared to Valentina + Dodo and the Czar Dragon... and even less the Axem Rangers.

...now Exor on the other hand... that's another story. Let's just say Boomer was pretty much a pushover, even though I really, really needed the extra Crystaline and Power Blast on him. But Exor killed my entire party with one singel blow. Corona= Ouch. >_<

...oh yeah, and Star Egg rules, by the way. Whatever you do, GET IT before Bowser's Keep.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 04-26-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Heres your post shadow

Blog Entries

Okay, it seems like I was just unlucky the first time around, because Exor went down on my 5th try. Don't get me wrong, though. Exor IS really tough... and the reason I beat him is probably only because I spent 3 Rock Candies and a Fire Bomb on him. The eyes (atleast one of them) are easily destroyed with Super Jump, and as soon as Exor's protection is gone you can just hit him with Rock Candies for 300 dammage each (party must be Power Blast'ed). Aurora Beams + Corona can really screw you up, though.

Anyways... now I've finally reached the Factory. In other words, I'm close to the end of this challange.

One world left, Go SHads.

Blog Entries

Ok, I just beat that annoying clock. Seriously... the bells are spamming Dark Stars while the clock puts everyone to sleep, turns everyone into mushrooms, or instant-KO's everyone but Bowser and Geno (under the effect of Crystaline) with Corona. If the clock manage to turn everyone into mushrooms, you're screwed. When I finally beat the clock, I was lucky since Petal Blast missed 2 of my 3 characters (iy hit Geno but missed Mario and Peach).

Yeah, I've actually replaced Bowser with geno for a while. Geno Boost is simply much more useful than Bowser's high HP and strength. 1 Crystaline and Power Blast in every boss fight simply isn't enough anymore. Characters WILL die in battles now, and then you NEED to get their boosts back after reviving them.

Earth Link and the 2 weird Clown-like dudes were pretty tough, but still much easier than the clock. The fighter-dude goes down insanely fast thanks to Super Jumps, but the mage-dude must be taken care of with the use of Items. Even though he's a mage and thus "weak to physical attacks", your party's absolutely patetic attack power won't do much good. Oh, and I actually used a Kerokerocola in this battle! OMG!

Yup, that's it for now. Not much left until I reach Smithy himself.