Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ultima Shadow's and Trumpet Thief's SMRPG challange!

Blog Entries

Default Update

Ok, so I fought those 3 factory dudes, and I didn't have any problem with any of them... except the last one, MAN HE WAS SO ANNOYING!!!

Then, I had to fight an even tougher opponent. The ninja chef and his machine-monster thingy who can use Breaker Beam. As soon as the ninja dude is gone, to battle is really easy. But as long as the ninja dude is still there, it's insanely tough. A pretty weird battle, were you constantly pray that the ninja only will use blockable attacks, and then you pray that you will successfully block them. Otherwise, the ninja's attacks= OHKO.

Anyways... after a few attempts, I finally beat that annoying thing... and the path to Smithy is finally open.

However... there's a small problem. Smithy will always get the first strike, and he will always use "Sledge" on your un-Crystalined party. My Geno will survive with exactly 1 HP left. Mario and Peach both dies. So... I basically start off the battle with 1 character with only 1 HP left. Ouch. This problem can quickly be solved though, but it's still a big handicap. After a very few turns, Smithy summoned one of those small bounch-dudes. The bounch-dude use Sword Rain, and then Smithy used Sledge. Geno survived with 1 HP left. Yeah... and then I didn't last long, so I got Game Over.

After my first failed battle with Smithy, I decided to get out of the factory and pick up the last 2 Red Essences, which you get in one of the dreams in Nimbu's Land.

Now, I'll just return to Smithy and keep trying.

Blog Entries

Default Final Update

Ok, I'm officially done with this challange. Smithy finally went down.

The first part is actually harder than the last part, because of the bounch-dudes that Smithy summons. So it's perfectly okay to use half your Red Essences in the first part of the battle. And seriously... the Star Egg is pure gold... however, unlike some other battles, you CAN do major dammage to Smithy without it. I don't know how well it works against Smithy's first form, since I didn't bother trying it out. However... against the tank-head in Smithy's second form, Super Jump works great and can do some serious dammage. Far more than Star Egg.

The battle went pretty much like this:

First Form:
    Smithy uses Sledge, and everyone dies exept Geno who only got 1 HP left. Geno revives Peach, who revives Mario, who uses Crystaline. Smithy attacks Peach, and I half-dammage blocks the attack. Geno uses Geno boost on Mario, Peach heals with Group Hug, Mario uses Star Egg.

Then, Smithy summons the first bounch-dude. Luckily, the bounch-dude attacks normaly instead of using Sword Rain. I 0-dammage block the attack and then Smithy uses Mega Drain on Peach. Geno uses Geno Boost on himself, Peach uses Red Essence on herself and Mario uses Red Essence on himself. Bounch-dude attacks with Swod Rain, followed up by Smithy's Sledge. Geno survives with 1 HP left, Mario and Peach are unaffected. Geno uses Star Egg, Peach heals Geno, Mario uses Rock Candy and bounch-dude dies. After this, the battle went pretty much the same, except I didn't need to waste any more Red Essences. I wasted another Rock Candy, though. It didn't take too long before Smithy's first form went down.

Second Form:
    First face was the Tank-Head. It instant-kills anyone but a defense-boosted Geno in 1 hit unless it miss. However... about 35% of its attacks missed. I discovered that Mario could do almost 400 dammage with Super Jump on this head, which was a pleasant suprise. So after discovering this, I used a Red Essence on Mario the next time the Tank Head appeared, to prevent him from dying while dealing insane dammage with his jumps. I even got 2 Freebies with Red Essence. But really... unless it's against the Tank-Head or the Wizard Head's Dark Star, Red Essence wasn't really needed. Group Hug took care of all the dammage dealt to my party as long as they didn't get instant-KOed. Also, when the Box-Head appeared, I used a Red Essence on Peach just in case, to prevent her from getting any of those handicaps that prevents her from using Group Hug. then finally, Smithy went down in his Tank-Form, getting jumped on by Mario.

SMRPG challange finished! Party Level: 11-13. No equipments.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 05-15-2006 at 02:38 PM. Reason: SPELLZ0RZ

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Go go Ultima Shadow! You now officially rock (harder than previously). Here's our appreciation for you efforts;

There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

Heh, thanks.

That reminds me... what happened with the elections anyway?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Heh, thanks.

That reminds me... what happened with the elections anyway?
    It's more what didn't happen, as in the elections themselves. Voting Booth dissapered and the whole thing was scrapped. Still some good came out of it, since me and my crew managed to annoy the life out of a lot of people
    There is no signature here. Move along.

You Rock Harder than my mom