Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever noticed...

Default Have you ever noticed...

..the general outline for a thread here tends towards people posting very short answers without any actually discussion of the previous persons answers? I mean, it's not everyone. But still, you get hoardes of random users (you know the kind, "cloudXXX" or "iloveff213", or whatever) entering the thread, and routinely going: "yes this is my favorit movie i hav watched it million times" or something like that.

Does anyone else get annoyed by that? You know, when you've spent considerable thought and/or time on your reply, only to have it pushed back three pages, and ultimately ignored, by tonnes of mindless posts.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: I agree. Although in some cases, people really do note every single post, and reply back. Doesn't happen a lot though.

Rubedo: *waits for thread to be flooded with replies without any care of the other people who posted*

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It's always been like that. 95% of the threads here aren't discussions, they're people talking to hear (see) themselves talk.
    Figaro Castle

Yeah, I have to agree that it sucks. Unless you get a negative response to your reply. Which is even worse than not getting a reply at all.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really care about the majority of what's being discussed anyway, so it's no big deal to me.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If I do that, I, and my partner-in-crime, usually get told to "Take it to IM!"

Or our posts are deleted by sucky moderators. Yes, kikimm. I'm talking to you.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

If only the GOOD administratars like CrashNUMBERS were here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    It's always been like that. 95% of the threads here aren't discussions, they're people talking to hear (see) themselves talk.
    I suppose it's just one of those things that comes with being on an internet forum.

Its because you make a statement to start the thread. People tend to reply to you specifically. Not the whole thread. Once in a while people will say something in reply to spark a debate. But usually they're replying to a specific post. Which for the first page is usually the first post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Quan
    Does anyone else get annoyed by that? You know, when you've spent considerable thought and/or time on your reply, only to have it pushed back three pages, and ultimately ignored, by tonnes of mindless posts.
    I used to get annoyed by that, but now, I know better. You can't expect a serious respond from anyone.

Sometimes I'm just too lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Its because you make a statement to start the thread. People tend to reply to you specifically. Not the whole thread. Once in a while people will say something in reply to spark a debate. But usually they're replying to a specific post. Which for the first page is usually the first post.
    But they aren't really replying to you, are they? They're just telling you something. I'd, if I were talking to real people, expect, if I told and asked people about their favourite movies, them to comment on the answer I gave.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That's exactly why when I make threads these days I try to have them be interactive in some way. Useful threads, not just simple reply and your done.

Well, you need to consider that the current gereration of teenagers are largely known for their almost completely non-existant attention spans, due to the their inability to think for themselves or use their imagination ,thanks to years of exposure to retarded telivision, computer games, drugs, and general parental stupidity.

You're expecting too much if you actually expect even half of them to have something coherent to say.
    -"If she's happy then... I don't mind."

I think there are some thoughtful people here. I wouldn't be here if I thought no one had anything intelligent to say. They're around, lurking among all those "cloudxxx"s and such. You just have to sift through all those pages of posts and dig them out. That is, unless you're too lazy.

I also feel that video games, contrary to what most people would say, have enriched my mind rather than hindering my attention span and making me incoherent.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3