Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stop whining!

I thought that I would just point out that the "I felt so dirty" thread was actually a rather old thread that was revived. Really, it's very rare for anyone to give FFIX crap, namely because it would appear that not many people have played it.

Zidane: Well, that isn't right. How can someone tell us our favorite game sucks, when they've never given a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    Zidane: Well, that isn't right. How can someone tell us our favorite game sucks, when they've never given a chance?

3 words. Final Fantasy Seven

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

3 words.
    Final Fantasy Six. Err, I mean...

X-2. Defintely. BEST ONE EVER! *extremely sarcastic*

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

They can, but they lose their credibility for pigeonholing a game on hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunnova
    They can, but they lose their credibility for pigeonholing a game on hearsay.
    Zidane: I like the way you think Shotgunnova, you're right, because when I don't giva a game a chance, I don't badmouth it, I never give Kingdom Hearts a chance(I just find ff and Disney characters in the same game weird) but I won't say too much bad towards it, because I don't know the story, it could be really good.

I was a lot slow with the hearing about the FF games. I first gor introduced to them in october of 05 and FFIX was the first of th FF games that I had played ( I played it 2x's ) and I loved it. Then I played FFVII ( 2x's ). I liked it but for some reason I just liked IX more. Now I am playing FFX and I just got FFX-2. As far as I can tell their all really great games. So far I love all of the FF games that I have played. But I think that my fav. would have to be either FFIX or FFX.

My sig and avy are made by me.

I say let the haters make there complaints as long as they actually know what they are talking about. I mean I take many oprotunities for bashing FFVIII, made it around halfway through disc three. I mean after playing a game you don't like its actually quite fun to complain about it, it gives the game meaning and you don't feel like you comletely wasted you time. So even though I love IX, I condone poeple to bash it.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I grow tired of that attidute, but for all the games.

Yeah, people whine way too often. People can never enjoy the good things about a game, and complain about little worthless things, and end up hating the game for stupid reasons. Oh well, it's their loss

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Currently, I'm playing Final Fantasy IX as well (Disc 2, I'm in Cleyra, after the harp broke). Having at least played FF I to VI, I fully can understand the references

But, to be honest, it's one of the best FF's I played (it just can't beat Six, please don't blame me, but I love a certain clown-villain who has a wicked laugh and has just completely lost his mind.)
    And I can't understand soemtimes, why people hate it. It is their opinion, true. And if they can give good arguments, like Vyk, that's fine with me.

Let me compare IX and VII. How, don't start to shout. Let's compare the 'greatest' FF VII game ever in the opnion of many fans, to FF IX.

I have played FF VII. So all FF VII lovers or FF IX haters, don't start shouting: "You think IX is great just because you haven't played VII!", stop, I did play it. And I will finish it after I completed IX and V. VII is not a bad game, but it's certainly not a reason to hate IX.

If you ask me to choose between Zidane or Cloud, well, Zidane gets my vote. You are right, the game feels believable.
    And it also brought back the fantasy, something I just missed too much in VII or even VIII, for that matter.

I haven't seen Sephiroth in VII yet, so I can't compare him to Kuja, and perhaps I just saw to less of Kuja up until now. But Kuja is not a bad villain at all, if you ask me, I just find it a bit disturbing that he looks like a woman... (I heard that in Japan, he originally was intended to be a woman...). But I just like his attitude.
    So yeah, there is a better villain than a certain guy with a very long sword, although that guy with a very long sword seems pretty cool to me, though.

The story of IX... Well, again, if people hate IX because of that, again I have to disagree. It is a very interesting story, ya know. When I first came in Dali, and hadn't heard of Kuja at all, and found out about those Black Mages, I really wanted to know what exactly was going on in this game. It really urged me to continue playing, something I don't have in VII.

The gfx... No, this can't be the reason at all! FF IX gfx are WAY better than VII. But, I can forgive VII, because the bad gfx make the characters look funny...

Music... Well, there's no One-Winged Angel song in FF IX, but I downloaded some music of IX which I have yet to hear in the game. Like Necron's battle music. I must say, it rocks in my opnion. I really can't wait to beat up that blue (?) demon while listening to that nice music.

Speaking of Final Bosses... Well, this is something I have to agree on. I heard Necron's appearance is very sudden. Perhaps that's not really fun. You just defeated Kuja and cry: "Hell yeah, I have beaten the game!", then there's that blue dude showing up wanting to do something like Neo-ExDeath wanted to do (They even use the same attack! "Grand Cross"!). I nowhere could find a good picture of NEcron, I found a small one, and, I must say, I like the look of Safer Sephiroth better. Not saying Necron is bad.

You don't like Necron, FF IX' haters? Why? Because he came so sudden? What about Chaos in FF I? Garland showed up in teh beginning of the game, and came back as Chaos at the end. Isn't that sudden as well? And Zeromus? He too, came a bit sudden, didn't he? I mean, for the whole game, you thought Golbez was the baddy, until Fusoya says it is all Zemus' doing! (Hey, makes me think a bit of Kuja...)
    Me myself, I don't mind sudden Final Bosses. It won't ruin the game, it just ads some more excitement, IMHO.

I can't think of anything else to say, except for this:
    "You have to come with a very good reason on which many otehr people will agree, to hate FF IX."
    Or you must be able to defend you opinion as to why you hate it. If you can do that, no problem. I can defend my reason as to why I don't really like VII, too.

First, Kuja was never meant to be a girl, as one of the admins put it that was a rumor started my some man who felt immasculated because he orignally thought Kuja was sexy until he realized it was a guy. I think it was Kawashi, or however you spell it. And as far as NEcron goes at Game FAQ's someone made a reasonable theory behind Necron, as to show that he was not so sudden. Mind you I haven't played for quite a while, so some of my stuff may be a bit off.

(SPOILER)He said Garland Created NEcron which was the spiritual form of the Lifa Tree. I'll post the Link when that site stops with the april fools think. Anyway, he backs up his theory by liniking quotes from Garland, the creator of the Lifa Tree to things Necron had said. Necron had been oberving Kuja and came to the conclusion the world didn't deserve to exist, and also since he was the other form of the Lifa tree that wasn't physical could control souls, so when Kuja blew up the Crystal in the end Necron called your soul to him, and by beating him you prove existance should continue, and he recreates the world that Kuja had just destroyed. I, actually, disagree a little. Necron pretty much Proclaims himself a god, and if he had full control over souls, there is no way the souls of your dead party could have fought with him and won. What I would say happened is Garland found a way to comunicate with NEcron. Necron at that point was probably thinking whether or not humanity deserved to exist, and since Garland was going to attempt to wipe out the world of Gaia by merging it with Terra and using the humans as vessels of a sort, NEcron decided to help Garland in order to see if Humanity really deserved to exist or not. He did so by observing Kuja, and when all was destroyed he went to where the crystal was. I think he used his power to protect your party from death, and came before you. This was his final test to see if Humanity deserved to live, and he did so by, assuming he really is a God like he claims, creating an avatar of himself to fight you. Your victory over him proves humanity deserves to continue.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 04-01-2006 at 02:00 PM.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    First, Kuja was never meant to be a girl, as one of the admins put it that was a rumor started my some man who felt immasculated because he orignally thought Kuja was sexy until he realized it was a guy. I think it was Kawashi, or however you spell it. And as far as NEcron goes at Game FAQ's someone made a reasonable theory behind Necron, as to show that he was not so sudden.
    Well then, rumor solved, simple. I don't mind being pointed out I'm wrong.

I once read in the FF V a long long tehory which made my eyes hurt about how much Neo ExDeath is alike to Necron. And I like ExDeath, so I'm pretty sure I'll like Necron.

But, tell me if I'm wrong, I won't mind, but you have to agree, that in teh game itself,n before reading any theories or whatever, NEcron's appearacne is very sudden, because there is not really something in teh game that hints to his existence...

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've played 7 through 10. Not that many I know but...meh. 9 was (and still is) my favourite. It was the first FF game I had, I got it for a tenner. £10. Brilliant, if I knew what the game was like, I'd've gldly paid £50.

Back to topic. Yeah, FF9 haters don't say the game's crap. That just makes you sound like a d*ckhead. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it crap. If you don't like a game, just say you don't like it. That's why Vyk gets a very special Coconut of Not-Being-A-Prick-ness. I hope you're proud Vyk

Oh yeah, alot of people don't understand the Necron-icity of FF9. This is what I think:
    He's the kind of afterlife. After Kuja goes suicidal on everything, our favourite 8 are near dead. I don't really understand the full thing of all the reawakening stuff but...meh. So yeah, Necron's the final judgement thing. He's the person that when you die, you go up to and s/he says "Well, you have been a good human haven't you? Good, up to [insert nice place name here] with you.". Of course, Necron's slightly insane and thinks that life's better without fear. In my opinion he's just the inner demon of every entity of the game. The part inside everyone that is scared of everything. For most people, this side is generally over-run by the feeling that whatever they're doing isn't THAT dangerous. So, that's it. To me, Necron is the gathered power of everyone's fears.

Oh yeah, Kuja means brother in Japanese I believe. So nope, he's all man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo
    Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    First, Kuja was never meant to be a girl, as one of the admins put it that was a rumor started my some man who felt immasculated because he orignally thought Kuja was sexy until he realized it was a guy. I think it was Kawashi, or however you spell it. And as far as NEcron goes at Game FAQ's someone made a reasonable theory behind Necron, as to show that he was not so sudden.
    Well then, rumor solved, simple. I don't mind being pointed out I'm wrong.

I once read in the FF V a long long tehory which made my eyes hurt about how much Neo ExDeath is alike to Necron. And I like ExDeath, so I'm pretty sure I'll like Necron.

But, tell me if I'm wrong, I won't mind, but you have to agree, that in teh game itself,n before reading any theories or whatever, NEcron's appearacne is very sudden, because there is not really something in teh game that hints to his existence...
    I just edited in the hints, just finished it. The hints it gives you are very subtle though, the only real one is Garland mentioning the Lifa tree's true form wans' tthe tree you see, though yes, its not a very good hint. So yes, it is a sudden appearance,

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still don't see it as a sudden appearance. Dunno why. Admittedly, I don't EXPECT it. But it makes sense to me when he does pop up. So I'm not "OMFG!!! WUT IZ DIS GUY DOIN ERE? OMG!!!! I DUNT UNDSTAND!", I'm more "Ah. Hello."