Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stop whining!

Zidane: Yes, Necron's appearnce was sudden but admit this, it was sudden what kind of form of Zeromus you had to fight the end. It was sudden you fought Neo ExDeath, at least it was for me, because I was expecting the final boss to be the guy who originally tried to take the Void, Envo. In Chrono Trigger, when you fought Lavos it was sudden how many forms you had to fight. RPGs are made on sudden plot twists, if you don't expect a sudden plot twist at the end it makes for a boring game, for example in FFX I found Yu Yevon easy, I said "please let there be a second form, there wasn't, and that made me mad with FFX for a long time.

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

Zidane: Yes, Necron's appearnce was sudden but admit this, it was sudden what kind of form of Zeromus you had to fight the end. It was sudden you fought Neo ExDeath, at least it was for me, because I was expecting the final boss to be the guy who originally tried to take the Void, Envo. In Chrono Trigger, when you fought Lavos it was sudden how many forms you had to fight. RPGs are made on sudden plot twists, if you don't expect a sudden plot twist at the end it makes for a boring game, for example in FFX I found Yu Yevon easy, I said "please let there be a second form, there wasn't, and that made me mad with FFX for a long time.
    Appearing suddenly and appearing suddenly with no/little plot direction are two different things. At least Lavos was in the story previous to the end, same with X-Death; Necron just...showed up. The little evidence I can remember to him even being there is when Garland says he's waiting for a time when there's no life or death, and even that's a stretch to use for Necron's entrance.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't find a good way to put Necron into words. I understand why he's there, and, though a bit sudden, I can see his part in the plot. I just can't describe it to anyone. Ah well....

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Necron is a Deus ex Machina final boss, as homage to the other final bosses in past FFs. (Cloud of Darkness, Zeromus, Neo X-Death, etc.) I honestly didn't find it surprising, given that the game is a tribute. And why the hell would anyone complain about that?

Anyway, that theory up there (somewhere) is just a theory. Though I do wonder how much time it took the person to think of all that.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

What are you talking about? Final Fantasy 9 to date is the most popular Final Fantasy ever. If you were to take the sum of sales from every other game in the franchise it would still only be 1/10th of the sales of FF9. At least fourteen people died attempting to get hold of this game when it came out in Japan. It even outsold Dragon Quest, but only by two and a half units.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i dont see anyone whining. FF9 is my favourite FF because of excellent gameplay E.G battle system and the new ATE system but mainly (this is the main reason i like other FFs too.) because of the interesting storyline that makes me want to play on. usually video games are just random pointless killing or driving E.C.T games like that are o.k but FFs and especially FF9 have excellent storylines which makes it like playing a great book. im not a retared fanboy who hasnt even gone near old school FFs (as rudely stated earlier.) and the only FF i havent played is FF3 which i shall be in my possesion soon enough. i dont realy know why some people (and there are hardly enough of them to even bother starting this thread in the first place.) dislike FF9. sometimes people are told that somethings bad and blindly hate it without even thinking. some people just skip text and dont care about the storyline. there are a lot of reasons but if you are someone who has played through the game thoroughly and fully understood the storyline and events of the game and still don't like the game i would like to know why because i cant realy think of any reasons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Zidane: We're just saying, for some reason, a lot of boards we join is flooded with FFIX hate threads and we're tired of it. Most times, the author of the thread doesn't give a good reason why.

I just want to say, I LOVE FINAL FANTASY 9

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    Zidane: We're just saying, for some reason, a lot of boards we join is flooded with FFIX hate threads and we're tired of it. Most times, the author of the thread doesn't give a good reason why.
    That's because it's too difficult for them to give a good reason :P

Zidane: I like the way you think Zeromus_X. Thank you to those who support what I'm trying to say.

People don't like Final Fantasy 9 What's there not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths Child
    People don't like Final Fantasy 9 What's there not to like?
    Zidane: Ask all the FFVII and FFVIII fanboys and fangirls, I've yet to get a good answer from the ones I've met.

FFIX was the first FF I played and my favourite.
    I suppose for most people their favourite FF game is their first.
    And no matter how much I tried to like FF7 I just couldn't, I can't explain it because I can see for myself why so many people like that game just because it is so epic,

But teh thang which really annoys me about the way people percieve FFIX is the fact that they see as one big reference to all the other games an nuthin more.
    Its a great game by itself, and if I'm going to be honest people seeing it only as a tribute to the other FF games are the problem.

if none of that makes sense don't be surprised.
    It shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by marc
    And no matter how much I tried to like FF7 I just couldn't, I can't explain it because I can see for myself why so many people like that game just because it is so epic,

But teh thang which really annoys me about the way people percieve FFIX is the fact that they see as one big reference to all the other games an nuthin more.
    Its a great game by itself, and if I'm going to be honest people seeing it only as a tribute to the other FF games are the problem.

It shouldn't
    Zidane: What you said in English was, FFIX was full of references but the main story plot was still original and very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    Quote Originally Posted by marc

It shouldn't
    Zidane: What you said in English was, FFIX was full of references but the main story plot was still original and very clever.
    yeah, thats pretty much it.