Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm quoting someone...damnit I can't remember who. But still:
    "People don't like FF9 because they're horrible idiots"

I think that sums it all up.

Zidane: I don't think people who dislike FFIX are dumb, but I think people who dislike FFIX and post hate threads smiply saying "GRRRR, I HATE FFIX, BASH BASH BASH!" are giving people the right people to be called dumb.

aggred! (SPOILER)I hate people that hate FF9.

THERES ONLY ONE FINAL FANTASY!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Quin14
    I'm quoting someone...damnit I can't remember who. But still:
    "People don't like FF9 because they're horrible idiots"

I think that sums it all up.
    I believe it was DJZen, on FFII, but I've now adopted it to every FF game xD

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It makes me laugh like a moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Quin14
    It makes me laugh like a moose.
    Zidane: What makes you laugh like a moose?

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

this applys to all games really...but i ahve to admit there is a rather large fraternity of FF9 haters......personally its my fav overall FF (thats considering all elements including longevity, difficulty, graphics, battle system, and story)

honestly, I've played 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2. Not sure where I'd rank 9 among them, but for the most part i liked it a lot. the characters were archetypes, and they didnt bother me. the dialogue wasn't really any worse than the dialogue found in the rest of the series.

that said, the game did fall apart for me towards the end. the whole thing with terra and gaia was boring to me, and the entire ending sequence was boring and a let down. It was a fun game, I just wished they had'nt caved to the old 'chase the bad guy' theme, and focused the plot more strictly around inter-kingdom fighting... kinda like I wished 8 had stuck more closely to seed/nation/etc conflict.

sure, 7 was chase the bad guy, but it felt more reasonable to me. not to mention, sephiroth seemed more like a bad guy - kuja seemed like a ballerina. 10 and 10-2 were tech advancements, so i'll leave those out.

Quote Originally Posted by RMartin1
    honestly, I've played 7, 8, 9, 10, and 10-2. Not sure where I'd rank 9 among them, but for the most part i liked it a lot. the characters were archetypes, and they didnt bother me. the dialogue wasn't really any worse than the dialogue found in the rest of the series.

that said, the game did fall apart for me towards the end. the whole thing with terra and gaia was boring to me, and the entire ending sequence was boring and a let down. It was a fun game, I just wished they had'nt caved to the old 'chase the bad guy' theme, and focused the plot more strictly around inter-kingdom fighting... kinda like I wished 8 had stuck more closely to seed/nation/etc conflict.

sure, 7 was chase the bad guy, but it felt more reasonable to me. not to mention, sephiroth seemed more like a bad guy - kuja seemed like a ballerina. 10 and 10-2 were tech advancements, so i'll leave those out.
    Zidane: Good post, you gave good and bad about FFIX, LOL about Sephiroth vs. Kuja, I like Kuja as a villain but I feel the same way.

zidane is a monkey and sepiroth wants his tail removed before he grows into a giant ape and destroys planet vegeta

Zidane: Um, tenhitcombo, I'm not trying to be rude or flamish, but you haven't read the first post of this thread, please do. It gives reasons my wife and I like FFIX, now if you wish to bash FFIX, as mention so many times in this thread, it's better for you to give a logical reason, instead of

zidane is a monkey and sepiroth wants his tail removed before he grows into a giant ape and destroys planet vegeta
    Zidane: It tells me you haven't read through this thread to understand that a person who wants people to listen to them, post a reasonable complaint instead of a random fan fiction statement, again I mean no offense or flame.

lol.sorry zidane

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't imagine that whining about people who whine about FFIX would be very productive. Live and let live. If someone hates the game, who cares? It's not going to detract from your enjoyment of the game, is it? Just let it go.

Zidane: To an extent, I agree with you; however, I just wish for reasonable complaints over mindless whining to debate on. That's the purpose of a message board like EoFF to debate and give your valid opinions on games and their best and worst qualities, it doesn't help your case if you just post a one line message saying "I HATE..." and pretty much nothing else.