Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stop whining!

Default Stop Whining!

I think the biggest problem that Final Fantasy IX has is that it was released after Final Fantasy VII & VIII. You see VII and VIII both had serious storylines so obviously the fan boys and girls who played those games were expecting IX to have a serious storyline too. I know this for a fact because I read a post on another message board(I can't remember the name all I know is that it wasn't Eyes On Final Fantasy.) he/she said-"Square went from a teenage audience to a preschool audience."-or something along those lines. Also some people have a problem with IX's music specifically the main battle theme those people say that it's annoying...But I don't feel that way I like IX it was the first Final Fantasy that I've ever played. My favorite scene in that game is when Zidane accidentally grabbed Garnet's butt when I saw that for the first time I laughed so hard that my cheeks began to sting. Really the only thing that I don't like about IX is the fact that the game didn't have voice overs. If FFIX had voice overs then it would have been perfect but..Oh well!

P.S. Oh! I almost forgot...I dislike Eiko because she was fricking annoying!
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 04-07-2006 at 01:48 AM.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just another example of 'horrible idiots'.

Yeah, I laughed after hearing my friend look at me playing FFIX, since he absolutely despises FFVIII, say 'chibi doesn't work in a 3d game'.

xD

Yeah, when only two Final Fantasies have non-chibi characters, it doesn't work in a 3-d Final Fantasy xD I dunno, I found it pretty hilarious.

Zidane: That's what I don't understand, the character design in FFIX is perfect, the characters look good and real, and it gives the old school, so what's there to complain that? I think the characters look real and chibi at the same time, and iw works, I wish more Final Fantasies worked like that.

Default This might not make very much sense, m'kay?

Okay. First off, what is with the dissing of people who havent played the older generation games? Not only are those games pretty hard to come by, but the people who have played the newer ones are kind of bored by them, because they dont have the in-depth story (excluding 6) or the 3D graphics. That doesnt mean that there is anything wrong with them, it just means that they are used to a certain style. Now, I myself have played them all (except III), and I infact played them backwards. (meaning starting with X, then VII, VIII, and IX, and then moving in to V and VI and such). I found II, IX, and V to be kind of boring. It has nothing to do with whether they are a "retarded fanboy" it is a form of personal preference.

I didnt like IX myself. It was cool for a while, but I just kind of lost interest about 80% through and never finished. I have nothing against it, it was a fine game, It just wasnt my kind. I cant stand it when people like to diss the game, and try to make everyone else hate it, too (which never works). If you dont like it, feel free to say it, but dont try to change someone elses mind (-.- why does Death Knight come to my head right now?).

All in all. I dont think people should constantly diss FFIX.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    Okay. First off, what is with the dissing of people who havent played the older generation games? Not only are those games pretty hard to come by, but the people who have played the newer ones are kind of bored by them, because they dont have the in-depth story (excluding 6) or the 3D graphics. That doesnt mean that there is anything wrong with them, it just means that they are used to a certain style. Now, I myself have played them all (except III), and I infact played them backwards. (meaning starting with X, then VII, VIII, and IX, and then moving in to V and VI and such). I found II, IX, and V to be kind of boring. It has nothing to do with whether they are a "retarded fanboy" it is a form of personal preference.

I didnt like IX myself. It was cool for a while, but I just kind of lost interest about 80% through and never finished. I have nothing against it, it was a fine game, It just wasnt my kind. I cant stand it when people like to diss the game, and try to make everyone else hate it, too (which never works). If you dont like it, feel free to say it, but dont try to change someone elses mind (-.- why does Death Knight come to my head right now?).

All in all. I dont think people should constantly diss FFIX.
    Zidane: Well done post Raine, good job, you've given a reason why you prefer other FFs over IX and these are the kind of people I applaude. It's not people who hate a game(in this case, FFIX, the game in subject) that offend me, it's those who gives you a vague one-liner that really says nothing. This post is good, you give your reasons why you don't care for FFIX, and you show your respects to the fans. Good job, you have our respect.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just think it's pointless coming onto a forum of a game you don't like. It's like....walking into the White House wearing a T-Shirt saying "I'm a Terrorist" on it. You only do it to stir up trouble (and in the latter case, die). If you prefer FF7 (just as an example) to FF9, go on the forum dedicated to FF7 and say FF7's great, don't go onto FF9's forum and say how crap it is.

There's nothing wrong with going on a forum of a game you don't like and giving a valid reason why YOU don't like it. But that's also kinda pointless. I'm not trying to have a go at the people who do give valid reasons, cos that's all well and good, but the fact remains: if you don't like FF9, why do you go on it's forum? I just don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Quin14
    I just think it's pointless coming onto a forum of a game you don't like. It's like....walking into the White House wearing a T-Shirt saying "I'm a Terrorist" on it. You only do it to stir up trouble (and in the latter case, die). If you prefer FF7 (just as an example) to FF9, go on the forum dedicated to FF7 and say FF7's great, don't go onto FF9's forum and say how crap it is.

There's nothing wrong with going on a forum of a game you don't like and giving a valid reason why YOU don't like it. But that's also kinda pointless. I'm not trying to have a go at the people who do give valid reasons, cos that's all well and good, but the fact remains: if you don't like FF9, why do you go on it's forum? I just don't see the point.
    Zidane: Quoted for truth, nice analogy there Quin.

Actually, you walk into the White House claiming to be a terrorist, you will get arrested, if you go into a forum for a game you dont like, then you will just suck.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    Actually, you walk into the White House claiming to be a terrorist, you will get arrested, if you go into a forum for a game you dont like, then you will just suck.
    George Bush is making it illegal to do the later.
    Thank God I'm in England.
    And can suck as much as I want.
    And that wasn't meant to sound sexual whatsoever.

I, for one, am tire of people dissing FFIX, including my friends.. I had a friend that hates FFVI and IX, just because of VII. I like FFIX because it brought back the old school. I can't stand how FFVII and VIII went in the futuristic aera, but you don't see me complaining about it. I just wish people would shut up. We all have our differences and flavors..

This is the back of the case saids The Crystal Comes Back "Without quesestion. FFIX is the best-looking game in the series. In every way. FFIX takes the best of the old and mixes it with the best of the new." - Electronic Gameing Monthy

Quote Originally Posted by marc
    And can suck as much as I want.
    Ahaha! Good one!
    Last edited by Acid Raine; 04-07-2006 at 11:09 PM.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    Zidane: Quoted for truth, nice analogy there Quin.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by marc
    Thank God I'm in England.
    First, you're England? hehe
    Second, your welcome

It's the FF7 fans, FF8 fans and maybe the FF10 fans that hate it. They're so use to fighter/warriors with huge and stupid looking swords as the main characters, they can't except a Final Fantasy without one. After all, Zidane is a theif with daggers.

It's the FF7 fans, FF8 fans and maybe the FF10 fans that hate it. They're so use to fighter/warriors with huge and stupid looking swords as the main characters, they can't except a Final Fantasy without one. After all, Zidane is a theif with daggers.
    No actually, wrong, wrong, wrong. Im a FF8 fan and I didnt love it because Squall had a GunBlade and I didnt love FF7 cause Cloud had a Bustersword. I love FF8 over the others because it introduced me to the FF series and the RPG genre. It holds wonderful memories of my summer and I still enjoy it today. Also I was a moody teen when I played it, so Squall was great for me cause I wanted to be on my own and not want to listen to others problems when I have my own.

Now 9 is my least fav. I did enjoy it, but like Acid Raine I too lost interest. The first disk was so much fun and I really liked playing it. The characters amde me laugh, although I wanted to hit Steiner for shouting "PRINCESS!" nonstop when they were trying to keep a low profile. And Vivi, of I wanted to hug him He was so mature for such a young person and his views on life were amazing.

I dont want to make FF9s stop playing the game, please do continue to play it and enjoy it. Im just 1 of Lord knows how many who dont like it.
    Last edited by ~SapphireStar~; 05-06-2006 at 12:54 PM.