Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stop whining!

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    some people just skip text and dont care about the storyline. there are a lot of reasons but if you are someone who has played through the game thoroughly and fully understood the storyline and events of the game and still don't like the game i would like to know why because i cant realy think of any reasons.
    I played the game slow, reading through all the text, and exploring as much as I could. Up to then I had been playing only FPS games, and FF9 was my very first console based RPG, and still is to this day.

I haven't played the other games in the FF series yet, so I won't be saying anything about them until I actually play them. Naturally I expect fans of other games to do the same and not screw FF9 just because they heard someone else say it.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Im just 1 of Lord knows how many who dont like it.
    Ooh subtle. (that might sound sarcastic but it's not. I mean it literally )

Just like to say, not all us 'FFVII fanboys' are mindless when it comes to the final fantasy series. Yes the first ff game i ever played was FFVII and yes it is still my greatest game to date, also loved VIII. I had never played any of the I-VI games before IX came out but i read up that it was alot like the older ones. I bought it, completed it and i have to say its just behind VII as my greatest game ever, and thats from not playing and of the old games that it pays tribute to! Its the most 'fantasy' like of the whole series and i think its amazing. Of course i have all the games in the series now after completing it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWaltz
    Just like to say, not all us 'FFVII fanboys' are mindless when it comes to the final fantasy series. Yes the first ff game i ever played was FFVII and yes it is still my greatest game to date, also loved VIII. I had never played any of the I-VI games before IX came out but i read up that it was alot like the older ones. I bought it, completed it and i have to say its just behind VII as my greatest game ever, and thats from not playing and of the old games that it pays tribute to! Its the most 'fantasy' like of the whole series and i think its amazing. Of course i have all the games in the series now after completing it
    I give you 12 thumbs up for that post

I haven't heard anybody diss IX since the sorta-hype around it went away 6 years ago. Do I just live in a fluffy bubble where the numbers aren't at war, coz this is like the 20th "IX is the greatest and VII/VIII fanboys suck" thread in 2 weeks. Not to mention if the VII forums had topics like this all the IX folks would be freaking out and calling for locks. Most of this is positive stuff for IX, but it's positive in that "people who don't like it are stupid" kind of way (some, not all). I'm just not seeing it I guess.

Uh, anyway, yes IX is an excellent game, one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and one of the best games I've ever played at that.

I loved IX, and I don't understand how someone can't like it. So what if it's a tad medival?

People should quit whining. This is our world, our world for us FFIX lovers to fun free and enjoy our space, not to feel flames! The people who don't like it are free to express opinions, just don't make stupid remarks like technitcombo made or whatever his name is. So, yes, I am VERY sick of people whining about this game. Just live it, love it, and breathe it, like me! If ya love it, ya love it, and if ya hate it, ya hate it. What are people going to do? Just stop posting stupid remarks, that's what ticks me off, though you are free to post your opinion about why you don't like this game in a mature manner. I learned this from my own forum.

Nuff said.

But posting Stupid remarks are fun. I've done it on occasion, such as against VIII. But thats only because the ability to exagerate my hate makes me feel like the money wasn't a complete waste. I think the people who flame the game are taken far too seriously, as like me they most likely just like to exagerate. Quite a few of these people if you get them talking seriously will probably put forth logical explanations as to why they thought it sucked, but saddly this doesn't apply to most.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I disliked it mainly because the battles were very slow and had too long loading times.
    Yeah, a fast paced and smooth battle system is an absolute must for me in an RPG. Apart from that, the story was a bit boring now and then, but it was overall OK.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I haven't heard anybody diss IX since the sorta-hype around it went away 6 years ago. Do I just live in a fluffy bubble where the numbers aren't at war, coz this is like the 20th "IX is the greatest and VII/VIII fanboys suck" thread in 2 weeks. Not to mention if the VII forums had topics like this all the IX folks would be freaking out and calling for locks. Most of this is positive stuff for IX, but it's positive in that "people who don't like it are stupid" kind of way (some, not all). I'm just not seeing it I guess.
    Zidane: Read the post date man, this thread's been around since March. And we said nothing about FFVII-FFVIII fanboys suucking, also I really don't care about FFVII love threads, I haven't bother to enter those when I'm in the FFVII forum because it's a bunch of people saying the same thing over and over and over and over and I think I left out an "and over" but oh well, about a game I don't love, so why should I enter an FFVII love thread? Likewise, why should an person who doesn't love FFIX enter an FFIX love thread? It's people talking about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and maybe one too many "and over"s there, but you get it, about FFIX and if you don't love FFIX, why should you enter an FFIX love thread? And one should always expect people dissing other people for dissing their games because it's a never-ending struggle which FF is the best, this thread comprises of mainly people who think FFIX is the best so they post here, likewise FFVII fans think FFVII is the best so they post in FFVII, FFVII fans should expect FFIX fans to diss them, likewise FFIX fans should expect FFVII fans to diss them, that's the Final Fantasy forums way, has been for some time, there's a struggle between two forces, it's not good vs. evil, it's not right vs. wrong, it's "before you continue to hat the game, consider this." and that remains true in all FF games, different people hate different games for different reasons, and we posted this thread because like FFIX vs. other Playstation era games and we gave logical reasoning.

FFIX is one of the best game. If you don't think so, wear a glasses to know it, if you really can't, I don't think a doctor can help you.

FFIX have an interesting story among the other, the character is well-developed and the battle is fun. Zidane is the best protagonist, he know how to cheer-up the party and fun to be with eventhough his skill is not the greatest. Garnet is absolutely one of the best protagonist (I lke Yuna more), she is cute, fun, caring and kind. Vivi is my favourite character, he grows better as the storyline moves and I love Black Magic. Eventhough Eiko is a bit annoying, she is funny and she cares for the party, I love her when she is in Treno with Amarant. Steiner is Stubborn and Stupid but that does not mean he's the worst, he care for his kingdom and he do care about Brahne and Garnet. Amarant is cool but I don't like him much, he is still a good character. Freya is a well-created character, she is kind and mostly care for the party. Quina is quite funny and I like her/him. Other character such as Beatrix, Blank, Marcus, Baku, Cinna, Cid and Garland are very cool except for Cinna. and I love Kuja as a villain but Kefka beat him!

That's my opinion and I'm a bad writer...

EDIT: I'm the fanboys of FFVII but I don't hate FFIX, I just have one question: Is it destined to be like this:
    1) People who like FF First Generation hate FFVII, FFX and FFVIII but adore FFIX.
    2) People who like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX hate First Generation but are very cold to FFIX.
    3) I want people to be in this option. They love both generation and like all of it.
    EDIT2: FFVII brought me to these RPG world, and that makes me FFVII fanboy, please don't use FFVII as an examples of dirty opinion, I'm very sensitive to it. I know I'm selfish in this..please!

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_ultima
    EDIT: I'm the fanboys of FFVII but I don't hate FFIX, I just have one question: Is it destined to be like this:
    1) People who like FF First Generation hate FFVII, FFX and FFVIII but adore FFIX. - NO
    2) People who like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX hate First Generation but are very cold to FFIX. - NO
    3) I want people to be in this option. They love both generation and like all of it. - YES
    I enjoy ALL of them. I played FF1 on the NES back in the day when it first came out, and even FF Mystic Quest on the SNES. I was completely addicted to FF1 in particular. I then got away from gaming for a while, because of university, and then happened to have a roommate who had a PS1, and FFVIII. I was addicted immediately upon playing it, all over again, although I didn't get a chance to finish it (it was another friend's game, and we had to give it back). A while later I was onto FFVII, but didn't get a chance to finish it. A little while after than, I downloaded the FFVI ROM, and was completely engulfed in that, but again didn't get a chance to finish it, either. All these incomplete games were due to the workload of university academic terms, and then travelling for workterms.

Finally, just a few years ago I got a PS2, and immediately got FFX and finished it, then went back to FFVII and finished it, FFVIII and finished it (multiple times), and finally between replaying FF7,8 & 10, I finally got and finished FFIX. Great game, although I didn't enjoy it as much as VIII and X.

My point is, is that I truly enjoy all of them, old school and new. At the moment I'm bouncing back and forth between FFVII, FFIX and FFX, and awaiting FFXII.
    Last edited by crazybayman; 05-15-2006 at 04:38 PM.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm planning on rebuying a PS2 (no particular reason really) and playing every FF game I can get my hands on. From the earliest to the latest if I can. Then I can be 100% unbiased and not just say "FF9 is my fave out of 7, 8 and 10" (I've only played 7 through 10). I'm going to force myself to complete them all, even if I don't particularly like it

Yeah, all the games are cool. People who don't like FFIX, obviously don't understand it.

FFIX=FF in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Fan
    People who don't like FFIX, obviously don't understand it.
    Where are you getting all this?
    First you assume any fan of 7 or 8 is a violence fanatic:
    It's the FF7 fans, FF8 fans and maybe the FF10 fans that hate it. They're so use to fighter/warriors with huge and stupid looking swords as the main characters, they can't except a Final Fantasy without one.
    And now people who dont like it dont understand it? We're not in the medevil ages now where that thing happened all the time. Understanding the game and disliking it are 2 different things.

People who don't like FFIX, obviously don't understand it.
    Where are you getting all this?
    First you assume any fan of 7 or 8 is a violence fanatic:
    did I say that? :rolleyes2 all I said is that people who like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX don't like FFIX and they're usually the ones that hate it the most. And the majority of FFIX haters love those games.
    And now people who dont like it dont understand it? We're not in the medevil ages now where that thing happened all the time. Understanding the game and disliking it are 2 different things.
    no, and I didn't say that either, people who don't understand what FFIX means, don't like it. If you don't like it, that's fine. But if you don't know what the game is about, then how can you hate it?