Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Stop whining!

did I say that? all I said is that people who like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX don't like FFIX and they're usually the ones that hate it the most. And the majority of FFIX haters love those games.
    I liked how you quoted my post and not the responce I mentioned:
    It's the FF7 fans, FF8 fans and maybe the FF10 fans that hate it. They're so use to fighter/warriors with huge and stupid looking swords as the main characters, they can't except a Final Fantasy without one.
    To me that says that we dont like FF9 because there is no big macho lead character with a big weapon. Meaning we prefer a lead character who can dish out violence because he is a warrior.
    no, and I didn't say that either, people who don't understand what FFIX means, don't like it. If you don't like it, that's fine. But if you don't know what the game is about, then how can you hate it?
    Understand what? The plot, the twists? What dont we understand then? And as I said
    Understanding the game and disliking it are 2 different things.
    People dont dislike something because they dont understand it. That just sounds simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    did I say that? all I said is that people who like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX don't like FFIX and they're usually the ones that hate it the most. And the majority of FFIX haters love those games.
    It's the FF7 fans, FF8 fans and maybe the FF10 fans that hate it. They're so use to fighter/warriors with huge and stupid looking swords as the main characters, they can't except a Final Fantasy without one.
    To me that says that we dont like FF9 because there is no big macho lead character with a big weapon. Meaning we prefer a lead character who can dish out violence because he is a warrior.
    no, and I didn't say that either, people who don't understand what FFIX means, don't like it. If you don't like it, that's fine. But if you don't know what the game is about, then how can you hate it?
    Understand what? The plot, the twists? What dont we understand then? And as I said
    People dont dislike something because they dont understand it. That just sounds simple.
    well, FFIX is a reference to all FFs, and if you don't know those references, and you don't know what it's about, then obviously you'll think it's crap. It's hard to explain and I don't want to argue, so I'm not gonna reply anymore

It's hard to explain and I don't want to argue, so I'm not gonna reply anymore
    Then dont say things you cant back up or explain cause it confuses others and gets no where.

Well, I think FFIX is the greatest, followed by FFVII and then FFX, and I don't like FFVIII. Those are all the ones I've played. I've played the "old" games and they were quite difficult, and I didn't like them very much. But I can't say that those games are crap, and I can't say FFIX is crap either. I think FFIX is similar to the old generation, yet it isn't. It takes the best of the old and new mixes. I think that quarrel is over. I just want all the FFIX issues to stop. They don't go on as bad anywhere else.

Zidane: But I see both "big macho lead characters" of the previous two games as total emos, and I don't like that in a lead male; therefore, I prefer Zidane over Cloud and Squall everytime. Zidane looks very young and he is young, so it matches very well. Zidane is not the kind to sit around and groan like I saw Squall and Cloud do many times, I only saw Zidane get emotionally unstable once and that's because what he saw and heard at Terra was a bit much for anyone to take in at one time. Also Cloud is a Kain ripoff, because it's too easy for Sephiroth to mind control him into giving him what he wants. Zidane never submits to any mind control, the only reason he gets the Gulug Stone for Kuja is because half of his friends are in danger.

Yeah, I agree with you that Zidane is the best male lead. Cloud is Sephiroth clone and that's why Sephiroth can ask him to do anything until he realise. Anyway, Cecil is better than Kain and Rydia rocks!
    I like FFVII, followed by FFIX and FFIV.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Fan
    well, FFIX is a reference to all FFs, and if you don't know those references, and you don't know what it's about, then obviously you'll think it's crap. It's hard to explain and I don't want to argue, so I'm not gonna reply anymore
    The generalizations some people make are unbelievable. You don't have to get all the references to the other FFs in this game to enjoy it. I didn't play all of them, and I sure liked this game. Likewise, you CAN like the more non-medieval FFs like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX and really like FFIX.

If someone doesn't like FFIX for the reasons people have stated above, then fine. If 200 people feel the same way, then fine. That doesn't mean that it applies to everyone.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's hard to explain and I don't want to argue, so I'm not gonna reply anymore
    Then dont say things you cant back up or explain cause it confuses others and gets no where.
    There's no need to be rude. Some people just want to get their point across but can't explain it in words. He said he didn't want to argue about it yet you still tried to bait him.

I didn't see anything wrong with Cloud or Squall. I thought they were good enough. Zidane is still my favourite though. If you wanna moan about a lead male character, then I suggest you go to the FF10 and talk about Tidus. By God was he a wuss.

This thread was origionally about the annoying people who come onto this forum even though they don't like the game, which is kinda pointless anyway. I didn't particular like 8 (though am planning on rebuying it and playing it again now because I wanna play them all), but I don't go there and tell everyone that I think the game they like is rubbish. Just stick to the forum you like and stop trying to annoy people.

I wasnt being rude to him and no I wasnt trying to bait him. I told him what I thought, end of. I can enter which ever thread I chose. Its the peoples fault if they get annoyed because I state the reasons Im not a fan of the game or not. Your the one baiting here. Dont be rude yourself.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My apologies, it's just your posts tend to be laced with insults and baiting words. True, you can go wherever you like, and say whatever you like. But going onto a forum about a game, stuffed with fans, and saying you don't like the game is stupid. Most people don't care about an opinion if it's not one they like and, as your opinion on this forum are about how you like some bits but overall don't like the game, your opinions are those that people don't give a damn for.

I just want a reason. Why do you come on this forum even though you don't like the game?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, this thread is going way off topic and I'm going to close it before it gets worse. It has served its purpose.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

~SapphireStar~: A warn would be good enough.

Pure Quin14: As long as a person is being respectful, they can post their opinions on a game, even if it's to say that they do not like it. I've read ~SapphireStar~'s first post here and there was nothing disrespectful about it. Your post in reply to her's though was trolling. Get back on topic.

EDIT: Didn't see you there, Psy.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles