Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introductory post

Default Introductory post

Hi,

I have just installed Final Fantasy XI and the two expansions; Chains of Promathia and Rise of the Zilart. I have also gone through all of the steps on creating a PlayOnline account and so far everything is great. I am, hoever, downloading the Final Fantasy XI updates which will take a few more hours to complete.

Anyway, I found this after searching for Final Fantasy on Google. I figured that it would be best for me to join a cummunity based around Final Fantasy and the games straight away so I can start making friends and have a laugh basically.

I have read somewhere that to play Final Fantasy XI you need to be partied all the time and it may be hard for me to find a party because most players who have been playing since the start will be too high of a level for me to party with them and I may have an hard time playing.

I might aswell tell you a little about myself.

My name is Neal Anthony Trigg and I'm from England. I am 19 years of age and I'm currently studying Business and Management at College. I love playing online games, reading, writing, poetry, huddling my computer.

My favourite games of all time has to be the complete Final Fantasy offline set. Favourite Final Fantasy character? It has to be Freya Crescent.

I will leave it there for now. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I'll look forward to playing with some of you on Final Fantasy XI and general chit chatting on these forums.

Regards,
    Neal
    Last edited by N Trigg; 03-23-2006 at 06:42 PM.

hi new new... (now Im going to read lol)

Love is equal to suffering

Blog Entries

Welcome to EoFF. I don't play FFXI.

I need to edit my post for mistakes.

I tried my best to maintain good spelling and grammar but seemed to slip a little while eating a chocolate muffin.

Hello and welcome to EoFF.

mmm its been awhile since ive had a good meal of newb burgers in brain sauce, wont you come into the back room for a second, there's a nice antique meat grinder i would like to show you.

I'll pass Tasura.

But if you really, really want to show me the antique meat grinder then by all means take a photo and send it to me in an E-mail.

Hey, im newer too... Which server are you on for FFXI??? I have it too but i havent played in awhile. Ne ways... you don't always need to be in a party to gain levels but most of the time yes it is necessary to be because the fiends are ridiculous to solo. In the early levels you can solo up to level 10-12 depending on what job you take on, but after that you should find a party...I miss it alot, it's a great experience and a challenge to say the least...
    'You want apologies, girl you might hold your breath, until your breathing stops...forever,forever. The only thing you'll get, is this curse on your lips, I hope it tastes of ME forever.'~ Falloutboy

Quote Originally Posted by N Trigg
    I'll pass Tasura.

But if you really, really want to show me the antique meat grinder then by all means take a photo and send it to me in an E-mail.
    the true sheer amazingness of it can only be seen form upclose and inside of it, and running through to he otehr end in small bite size pieces

Hi Leucant.

Server? I have no idea. I have yet to see a server selection screen and I'm still on the freakin' update downloading thingy-me-jig.

Hehe... i remember that all too well...I think it took me 9 hours to get mine goin. When you login and after the first cutscene there will be some blue text and it will say 'Welcome to Fenrir/Leviathan/Ifrit or something like that and that is the server your on... you can only play with people on your server. Oh and by the way... don't worry about not being able to find a party early on because there is always an abundance on noobs it seems like and experienced players coming back to level other jobs... I hope you enjoy the game it really is worth every penny
    'You want apologies, girl you might hold your breath, until your breathing stops...forever,forever. The only thing you'll get, is this curse on your lips, I hope it tastes of ME forever.'~ Falloutboy

Yes, I can't wait any longer to play.

Well, I suppose I can. I don't have the slightest clue as to what race or class I will play as.

Dia duit agus cead mile failte. First time I ever seen Neal spelt tha way by someone else. FF XI never worked for me or my friend.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Woah, what's up with the long post? It's not like you have to file an application to become a member here. Well, at least not yet. :grinpink:

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rockin', all the best newbies play FFXI.

N Trigg, trust me, you will not find too much of a shortage in parties because new players are joining everyday, and high level players are leveling new jobs everyday. So chances are, your first parties might include a level 75 white mage who is taking out his/her lvl 10 monk for the day. Also, with the X-Box players joining us shortly, there will be plenty of fresh blood in the game, so you shouldn't have any worries.

If you have any more questions, there's plenty of great people in the FFXI forum who can help you out. And if you need a worldpass (or a gold one) to get onto a certain server let me know. There's are handful of people from this forum who play on Pandemonium, and we always have good fun. Except when Levian is calling me titface.

Welcome to EoFF!