Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Dragon Quest VIII help thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    If you do a falcon slash with a falcon sword you deal four hits.
    Re-he-heally...........*note to self - pick up 2 falcon blades when playing DQ8 next*
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Wow, what if you do Falcon Slash with a Liquid Metal Sword? Or should I just do Falcon Sword and use Metal Slash? Or should I do Falcon Slash with a Falcon Sword or up to 4 damage? I guess it's the same thing as metal slash with a falcon sword, from what I see.

^ Ultima88

Super cool forum, click here and join!: http://s13.invisionfree.com/World_of...ex.php?act=idx (join the RP)

...And it was Spoken...

I haven't tried it yet, but perhaps you'll get 4 swipes at the metal slime. Although there's no guarantee you'll hit him all 4 times , there is a possibility of doing 4hp damage.

By the way, there's a ledge just south of the dragon graveyard (its in the desert up on the cliffs) that's only accessible by flying. At night (and at night only) there is a fairly high encounter rate of liquid metal slimes, which yield just over 10000exp each. They have 8hp, and they're way easier to defeat than the metal king slime. In fact, I'd say you'll have a much better chance at defeating 4 liquid metal slimes over the course of multiple battles than 1 metal king slime, because the metal king slime run so easily and has 16hp. Just use Yangus' whistle.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by BizzerocitY
    Wow, what if you do Falcon Slash with a Liquid Metal Sword? Or should I just do Falcon Sword and use Metal Slash? Or should I do Falcon Slash with a Falcon Sword or up to 4 damage? I guess it's the same thing as metal slash with a falcon sword, from what I see.
    Falcon Slash with a Liquid Metal Sword will do a max of 2 hits of 1 damage each for 2 damage total. Falcon Sword with Metal Slash will do a max of 2 hits of 2 damage each for 4 damage total. Falcon Sword with Falcon Slash will do a max of 4 hits of 1 damage each for 4 damage total.

So yeah, a Falcon Sword with Falcon or Metal Slash will do the same max damage. I just prefer using Metal Slash as it has a better chance of hitting the slimes.

And I agree with the Liquid Metal versus Metal King Slime post above. I've killed too many Liquid Metal Slimes to count but only one or two Metal King Slimes. I even tried taking all armor off of my hero and equipping him with the Blade Armor in hopes of the Metal King Slime attacking him, but he attacks so rarely and it doesn't always return damage, so it's not really that effective.
    Figaro Castle

I've noticed that at all the accesible by air places, there seem to be liquid metal slimes and bloody hands, and that's about it, really.

^ Ultima88

Super cool forum, click here and join!: http://s13.invisionfree.com/World_of...ex.php?act=idx (join the RP)

...And it was Spoken...

Quote Originally Posted by BizzerocitY
    I've noticed that at all the accesible by air places, there seem to be liquid metal slimes and bloody hands, and that's about it, really.
    Yep, bloody hands, muddy hands, those frog type enemies, dark turkeys, and liquid metal slimes all seem to hang out in the same places.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.