Thread: Tool or Apc

What is so beautiful? Sing the Sorrow's Avatar

Default Tool or Apc

Tool and Apc are some of the best bands there are. These two bands shared Maynard who is a god. Both of these bands share many simularites and some differences but which of these 2 bands are better? I cant decide, I love them both equally
    Always buckle up! It will make it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

You have a the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.

Never drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your beer.

Too hard to decide. Both are great bands in their own right (two of my fav. bands alltime personally). Tool with their innovative sound and crazy ideas (i.e Die Eier Von Satan). And a Perfect Circle with their just overall godliness in music combine for two of the best bands out there imho. All in all though I am going to have to go with APC on this. I just prefer their overall sound better than Tool's and I can listen to everything by them, there is truely no song by them that I couldn't listen to.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I prefer Tool. The music is more mesmering.

I've seen them both in concert and Tool puts on a better show too.

Man I would love to see either one in concert. It sucks cuz now that Maynard went back to Tool for awhile, it will prob. be 5 years before APC does anything new, cd or tour wise. O well, at least Tool is going on tour for their new cd, that is something to look forward to.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've heard a little bit of both of them and I haven't found them to be too appealing. They were okay, I guess. I guess neither of them just match my likings.

However, (a little off topic) but seeing your screen name (Sing the Sorrow) reminds me to say that I like AFI though.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like A Perfect Circle better, although to be fair, I only have one cd from Tool, and I've got everything from APC. :D I like the lyrics from them a lot better, and the way Maynard sings.
    --Box Box Box Box

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be fair, APC and Tool are two of the greatest bands to hit rock music since the 70's. That said, Tool are just on a whole other level musically than APC. Not to take anything away from APC, but Tool's music interests me more. Really though, a person could choose one or the other and it's not even a point I'd argue. Both are great. To compare the sole common denominator though, I generally prefer Maynard's vocals on Tool albums, although much of his singing on Mer de Noms was simply brilliant. Definitely one of my favorite singers of all time.

Tool is much better than A Perfect Circle. Tool's much more experimental than APC, and have songs that really make you go:

-"AWSUM"-

Altough A Perfect Circle surely is a great band as well.

Not to contradict what I said earlier, but after listening to some more Tool stuff lately, they are pretty much equal in my eyes. Tool's videos though have to be some of the craziest if not best videos ever made imo. Especially the video for Parabol/Parabola. It starts out so slow with Parabol, then kicks it up a hundred times over when Parabola starts. Especially at the end of Parabola, when in the video, the eyes of flame start to go into the guy and you see all of his insides and the "third eye" of his mind (i think) opens up. While I do like APC overall sound better, I think Tool is much more imaginative in their album art. Take a look at Lateralus's insert. Its pretty much my sig, but each page is a different layer to the guy, very cool imo. So after listening to both, I like APC for their sound, but Tool for their experimental sound and innovation in music.

I've never heard any of Tool's stuff, and I hate APC because they covered "Imagine" and did a piss-poor job of it.

So I'll go with Tool then.
    lol signature

I havent heard anything by TOOL, but I love A Perfect Circle. So I would chose APC. But Im going to try and get my hands on some TOOL.

I recommend AEnema and Lateralus by Tool. Their first two are good, but I think its on these two albums that they really begin to shine. Plus their fifth album is coming out in about 2 weeks and it sounds awesome .

What is so beautiful? Sing the Sorrow's Avatar

I just hope tools coming to usa so i can see them. I'll get in no matter what even if i have to get my butt kicked lk the dudes in detroit rock city.
    Always buckle up! It will make it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

You have a the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.

Never drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your beer.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus
    and I hate APC because they covered "Imagine" and did a piss-poor job of it.
    To each their own. Personally I love the APC version and to be honest, absolutely hate he original (*gasp*). For any who haven't heard it yet, the new Tool single was leaked on the internet a few days ago. I strongly recommend that any Tool fan find it and listen to it. I MEAN NOW DARN IT!

it is all personal opinion to who is " Better "

I like Tool better becuase they have a Harder side that APC.

now if you are talking about skill in music Tool is far better, Tool is like the Mozart of rock, and APC is more like the Bathoven. Dany Carrie the drumer for Tool is insanly good one of the best in the world, and the guitarest makes the best sounding music even though it is realitively easy to play. APC has the guitarist is from "The Smashing Pumkins" he is damn good as well.

seen them both live they both kick ass but IMO Tool is the winner becuase they rock harder.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50KB filesize limit. Please refer to the Signature Service thread in the Help Forum for the rules regarding signatures.

~Void