Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Raw or Smackdown!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

HBK will probably be taking leave after Wrestlemania 22.

Oh and didn't they have a Champion vs. Boss with Cena vs. Bischoff?
    Last edited by Meat Puppet; 03-29-2006 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB

I'm really glad Vince & Shane'o'mac are back in the ring. Seriously, it's been way too long. I don't know just how well it will work after the HBK stuff is over, but if he does stick around long enough then I hope HBK eventually gets the title so we can have a replay of the Champion Face vs. Boss & Lackeys again. I don't care if it's been done, it's better than the crap we have going on right now for the title.
    I agree, i mean they did it with Stone Cold for like 2 years by trying to screw him all the time and it never got boring, had me on the edge wondering what would happen next. It's also how Vince's entrance music/video came about, sugesting Stone Cold had no chance in hell in winning the title.

I did hear something that Austin was in the gym getting himself fit and ready to come back to the WWE some time this year, i hope its true. He can come back and kick cena's ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I have to say that the worst thing to happen to WWE was the big stars moving to Hollywood to make movies.

That and Sting not joining.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Raw is the best although Smackdown! does have The Undertaker who is a all time great in the WWE but since Smackdown! was first aired keep in mind Raw was aired first making it the superior brand of WWE entertainment. The best type of Raw was the RAW IS WAR era.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Both are lame, if I wanted a soap opera I'd watch All My Children or something...

Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s
    Both are lame, if I wanted a soap opera I'd watch All My Children or something...
    which is why so many wrestling fans are switching over to TNA, it concentrates more on action than storylines/promos

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

That's what they say to people who don't like Mark Henry (bless 'em). Go watch some rasslin'.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    I have to say that the worst thing to happen to WWE was the big stars moving to Hollywood to make movies.

That and Sting not joining.
    Yep! Ah man, Sting vs. Rock. We'll never see it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s
    which is why so many wrestling fans are switching over to TNA, it concentrates more on action than storylines/promos
    TNA still has Double J as thier top main eventer. Until they can overcome that hurdle, they will never catch up with the WWE. Also, I dislike all the attention they give to the WWE castaways. If they continue giving main event pushes to people (albeit some of them deserving) who were constant jobbers on RAW or Smackdown!, TNA is always going to look like an inferior promotion.

Some of thier homegrown talent need to hold the belt in order to look like a more legitimate threat, namely Joe, Daniels, Abyss, or even Monty Brown. With all that being said, I did enjoy seeing Christian Cage finally getting his due.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    Raw is so much better. Smackdown has...Angle, Rey, Orton, and Benoit, but the undercard is horrible. Fit Finley? Mark Henry? Animal? Tatanka? No thanks.
    I can understand the last three, but what's wrong with Fit Finlay? He may be old, but he can easily outwrestle about 90% of the roster, including Rey and Orton. He's brought out the best in Lashley with their feud.

Also, Smackdown! has way more than just Angle, Rey, Orton, and Benoit. There's Taker, Booker, Hardy, Regal, Burchill, MnM, Mexicools, London, Kendrick, Helms, Kash, and more that I'm forgetting. Raw's undercard isn't nearly as good, and the main event scene is awful. Smackdown! is far better, but I don't get to see it often due to the stupid Friday night time slot.

About Wrestlemania: It will indeed suck this year. I can't think of a worse main event thsn Cena vs. HHH since Bam Bam Bigelo fought Lawerence Taylor, and at least that match had a good babyface. I can't stand either of them and I hope the crowd chants "YOU BOTH SUCK" loudly throughout the entire match. The undercard is very lackluster too. If the WWE is smart, then they'll end the show with Rey winning the belt, it's the only moment I could see that would send everyone home happy.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that Mysterio will never win the Heavyweight championship. I don't know why, I just get the impression that they won't give the title to someone like Rey. Even if i'm wrong and they did, I wouldn't see him holding onto it for very long, which is a shame, because he's great. But they never seem to give the title to people like that. Remember the Booker T/HHH match at Wrestlemania? That match was great, the racism angle had got Booker over bigtime and it would have been the perfect time to give him the belt. But they didn't.

I think Rey will definately win the belt sooner or later, whether or not it is at Wrestlemania. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up. Rey is the most over person on the Smackdown! roster, and it would be a great angle to play, as "the smallest World Champion in wrestling history". I do agree that if he wins it, it will be a short run, and he probably won't ever win it back.

But they never seem to give the title to people like that. Remember the Booker T/HHH match at Wrestlemania? That match was great, the racism angle had got Booker over bigtime and it would have been the perfect time to give him the belt. But they didn't.
    Actually, the original plan was for Booker to win the title. That changed when they signed Goldberg right before Wrestlemania, and they thought it would make more sense for Goldberg to chase after the heel champion, Hunter, so the plan was scrapped. So Booker losing was only circumstantial, which is a shame.

Good days Ballistix Man

Also check these out, this is what made the WWE so great.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5mQuVSRb...h=stone%20cold
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=kR_X3HxgS...h=stone%20cold
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=whyitDMgL...h=stone%20cold

This is definately what the WWE is missing, you couldn't name another wrestler in the WWE at the moment, thats get fans crazy like this.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    Actually, the original plan was for Booker to win the title. That changed when they signed Goldberg right before Wrestlemania, and they thought it would make more sense for Goldberg to chase after the heel champion, Hunter, so the plan was scrapped. So Booker losing was only circumstantial, which is a shame.
    I didn't know that and that's shocking. I've never liked Goldberg. Booker T was over so much at that point and he was working great in the ring. That angers me greatly D:<

Well, I suppose the same thing could have been said about RVD a few years ago as Rey being the most over now, and they never gave him the title either. Although I don't know how over Rey is at the moment not having access to cable. I do know I don't like this whole "For Eddie" stuff that's still going on that I saw in clips. I don't know what it is, it just strikes me as disrespectful to use it in an angle. :\