Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Raw or Smackdown!

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    Haha, good points AO. I'm not interested in this Wrestlemania at all. Why <i>does</i> Mark Henry still have a job?
    chaos: After his return, Mark Henry has improved, and hasn't really been bad at all.

Rubedo: And I don't see what's bad about this Wrestlemania. I've seen a lot worse, and I think this one will be really good.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mark Henry will never live down Sexual Chocolate and that's the bottom line.

Because

DEL MURDER SAID SO!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions

Rubedo: Okay, that was a horrible gimmick. xD

Trowa: His match with Undertaker on Smackdown was actually pretty good. Add a Casket Match with a No DQ stipulation, and it'll be better. Put it on the grandest stage of them all, and you know both will try their hardest.

chaos: I think this Wrestlemania's great. It beats 21, 20, 18, and is on par with 19. It's behind X-Seven. (These are all the Wrestlemania's I've seen. I haven't seen any before X-seven)

Wrestlmania 15 was awesome, Stone Cold v The Rock for the WWE belt, truely one the the best main events Mania has had imo.

And i'll tell you what bad about this Wrestlemania is that Stone Cold wont be there. For people who have seen him over the years knows he knew how to light up an event. *sigh* i wish he came back to wrestle, it definatley not the same without him.

"Austin 3:16 says: I just whooped your ass!"
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 03-27-2006 at 10:00 AM.

What is so beautiful? Sing the Sorrow's Avatar

This year has to be better than last year. But im disappointed that benoits defending the united states title. He should be competing for the world heavyweight title.
    Always buckle up! It will make it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

You have a the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.

Never drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your beer.

The Rabid Wolverine. Amarant Odinson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Thief

Trowa: His match with Undertaker on Smackdown was actually pretty good. Add a Casket Match with a No DQ stipulation, and it'll be better. Put it on the grandest stage of them all, and you know both will try their hardest.

chaos: I think this Wrestlemania's great. It beats 21, 20, 18, and is on par with 19. It's behind X-Seven. (These are all the Wrestlemania's I've seen. I haven't seen any before X-seven)
    I don't know what matches you've been watching but it's not the same ones that I've seen. And for you to even suggest that WMXXII is going to better that XXI, XX or XVIII is a joke.

The is no way in hell that Cena vs HHH will be better than Brock vs Angle(WMXIX) Jericho vs HHH(WMXVIII), Batista vs HHH(WMXXI) or Benoit vs HBK vs HHH(WMXX)
    WRESTLING:
    In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Batista vs Triple H was one of the most boring matches I have ever seen

And Cena vs HHH won't be?
    WRESTLING:
    In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Never said it wouldnt be.

Cena is boring.

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Amarant Odinson

I don't know what matches you've been watching but it's not the same ones that I've seen. And for you to even suggest that WMXXII is going to better that XXI, XX or XVIII is a joke.

The is no way in hell that Cena vs HHH will be better than Brock vs Angle(WMXIX) Jericho vs HHH(WMXVIII), Batista vs HHH(WMXXI) or Benoit vs HBK vs HHH(WMXX)
    chaos: You've gotta be kidding me. Yes, you nitpicked bad matches from Wrestlemania XXII and compared them to the great's of those Wrestlemania's. Batista vs. Triple H was decent, and if Cena steps up to the plate, it can at least top one of those matches. I don't like it either, but the other matches make up for it.

Rubedo: Smackdown's main event will indeed beat all of those except XX's, which it could tie with. Do you think the over sub main events: Guerrero vs. Angle, Booker T vs. Triple H and John Cena vs. JBl can match up with it?

chaos: Plus, the undercard is great. Wrestlemania XXI also had a great undercard and horrible main events. Although, Trish vs. Christy, Akebono vs. Big Show, and the Piper Segment really brought it down. It's shining gems were Angle vs. Michaels, Orton vs. Taker, and Money in the Bank. Guerrero/Mysterio was alright.

Trowa: This year has Foley/Edge, Benoit/JBL, Money in the Bank (And it won't be just a spotfest), Taker/Mark Henry (Their Smackdown match was good), Michaels/McMahon (If Vince could put on a great match with Hogan, how can he not with Michaels?),

It's sad really that the only reason Edge isn't in the main event right now is because HHH told Vince to take the title from him so Trips could have his Wrestlemania title match. But then i think of how Vince actually thought he could get Bret Hart to be the special referee for his match at Mania when the storyline came into play and the laughter overcomes the sadness

chaos: You've gotta be kidding me. Yes, you nitpicked bad matches from Wrestlemania XXII and compared them to the great's of those Wrestlemania's. Batista vs. Triple H was decent, and if Cena steps up to the plate, it can at least top one of those matches. I don't like it either, but the other matches make up for it.
    If Cena steps up to the plate? How many times has he needed to do that and failed? Cena's time at the plate is over and it should've been over a long time ago. He hasn't improved at all in two years. He promos are bland, his skills in the ring are laughable at best and the majority of the fan want him shot.

Rubedo: Smackdown's main event will indeed beat all of those except XX's, which it could tie with. Do you think the over sub main events: Guerrero vs. Angle, Booker T vs. Triple H and John Cena vs. JBl can match up with it?
    Guerrero vs Angle at WMXX was a great match and is by far the best out of the 3 mentioned. Smackdown's main event for WMXXII is really the only match that I'm looking forward to and I fully expect it to top at least 2 out of those 3 mentioned matches.

chaos: Plus, the undercard is great. Wrestlemania XXI also had a great undercard and horrible main events. Although, Trish vs. Christy, Akebono vs. Big Show, and the Piper Segment really brought it down. It's shining gems were Angle vs. Michaels, Orton vs. Taker, and Money in the Bank. Guerrero/Mysterio was alright.
    I'll agree that the undercard is tolerible but the difference that last year they did a great job of making the matches worth something. They had the feeling that you were actually interested in who won or lost. Even the bad matches had a decent story to them. This year, the undercard just seems thrown together. Like no real thought was put into them and most of the storylines suck.

Trowa: This year has Foley/Edge, Benoit/JBL, Money in the Bank (And it won't be just a spotfest), Taker/Mark Henry (Their Smackdown match was good), Michaels/McMahon (If Vince could put on a great match with Hogan, how can he not with Michaels?),
    I was fine with everything you said until you mentioned Vince getting a good match out of Hogan. That match sucked. As did almost anything that either man had ever done in the ring. However, HBK did get a decent match out of Hogan at Summerslam and I hope he does the same with Vince. I has to. For the love of God, get something that resembles a match out of Vince, please.
    WRESTLING:

Contributions

chaos: I've got to admit, the hype is bland. And hype adds a lot to matches. But whether they mean anything or not, a lot of these matches will be very good.

Rubedo: Angle/Guerrero was good, but IMO, not that great. It didn't meet with expectations either. Orton/Angle would be good on it's own, but puttting a man like Mysterio who's really earned his way to the top wouldn't hurt anything.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

RAW: Kane needs a decent run for the top belt, because he'd give it something new for a change. I'm so freaking tired of the same-old-same-old right now when it comes to wrestling style. This is why Mankind, Rock, Stone Cold and Undertaker all did really well when they were all right up there - they had different styles and were all capable of doing something different. The current guys - HHH, Cena, Edge etc. - are pretty much all in the same model. And if not Kane, maybe the Big Show or something. Maybe a small guy, even. Just anyone but the same-old-same-old we've had for so long now. The most "different" champ we've had for the past however-many-years is Batista, and he's gone. However, if they do insist on carrying on with the Cena vs. HHH stuff, take it to the next level. Make it a real match. I'm talking Last Man Standing, here. Maybe Iron Man. Something big. Something that will last a long time and really go places. Something that is worth talking about afterwards.

Get Lita into a feud that isn't to do with Edge. I wouldn't mind seeing her take on the women's title... although wait until after the MJ/Stratus affair. I miss Lita as a face, personally, so her Edge stuff merely annoys me.

I'm really glad Vince & Shane'o'mac are back in the ring. Seriously, it's been way too long. I don't know just how well it will work after the HBK stuff is over, but if he does stick around long enough then I hope HBK eventually gets the title so we can have a replay of the Champion Face vs. Boss & Lackeys again. I don't care if it's been done, it's better than the crap we have going on right now for the title. You know, people looking at each other with angry faces. Oh no!

Y2J shouldn't be anywhere until he gets rid of that fatty midrif. High flying guys shouldn't have that big a belly. And Y2J shouldn't have hair that short, either. Short for him, anyway.

Smackdown - Boogey man is fun, although it concentrates too much outside the ring for my liking, because I quite like watching him in the ring. I'm enjoying watching Angle wrestling lately, especially in his match against the Undertaker a while back. That was good stuff. I would love to see Angle vs. Undertaker in a submission match someday.

I never ever thought I'd say this, but Mysterio is getting a bit boring... he needs a partner again, as hard as Eddie will be to replace. Maybe Chavo and he can group together, maybe Benoit, I don't know. I would like to see him back in a tag team championship fight, but obviously that's stuck over at RAW right now and I'm not sure RAW is ready for him again just yet.

Mark Henry is indeed a bit of a joke. Undertaker needs to do something a bit more evil / sinister, because he's doing too much talking and too little "oh my God" stuff lately. Casket match? God, that was predictable.

As for others... Randy has too pretty a face to be a champion. That's all I have to say about that. Lashley and Cloverboy are doing alright as enemies, I loved watching the car get pushed over, pity it didn't actually land on the guy, but oh well. I wish Angle would say "It's true - it's true" again. I wish that Japanese samurai-like guy was around longer, I found him pretty funny. JBL was cooler when he was Bradshaw.

They need to get some kind of thing going on, though, overall... a stable or a man-on-a-mission-against-everyone or something. Something that will affect everybody in either RAW or Smackdown, even possibly both. Maybe a mystery, a sort of "whodunit" thing. Something different.

Random thoughts, pretty much over now.

Both are decent, neither are great at the moment. I don't think I could really put one above the other, but if I have to pick, I'll go with Smackdown at the moment.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!