Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mortal combat something great

mk, streetfighter, tekken are the games i usually play that are fighting games (notice i put mk first)
    :rabite: :luigi: :mario:the day will come....................................(holding the suspense).......

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh I like Street Fighter as well. Never played Tekken, but I heard it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen
    Wtf is Mortal Combat? Is it that hardcore fighting game spelled "Mortal Kombat"?, if so then yeah it kicks more ass then Tekken and Street Fighter put together.
    I don't know what's funnier, the fact you call it 'hardcore fighting' or the fact you think it's better than Street Fighter,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    I don't know what's funnier, the fact you call it 'hardcore fighting' or the fact you think it's better than Street Fighter,
    While I do not like Mortal Kombat much, I can say that it is entirely a matter of opinion. o.o

The funnier one is that he calls it hard-core fighting. >_>

Well in terms of copetition MK does not seem to win at all. EVO is one of the biggest tournaments out there and they list Guilty Gear XX, CvS2, MvC2, and 3S as their main crop of 2-D fighting. MK is not even considered worthy. While i am perplexed as to why KoF is not listed even though Japanese people are competing in those tournies as well...maybe its the popularity issue..everyone in Asia plays KoF.

The only things i disagree with EVO is that they need KoF and Smash(and yes Smash played competitively is a different beast, more different that you might think...). But in general EVO has the most competitive games out there, and MK is not listed and hence its not really that much noted.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I thought EVO tossed KoF 2003 and CvS2 in there.

Mortal Kombat is an absolute joke amongst fighting game fans.

No i never remembered KoF being there but CvS2 is still there, its in the EVO2K5 Trailer and there are recordings of it too, i have em on the computer. Try looking at shoryuken.com for the 2005 trailer. Besides what other 2-D fighter came out these days lately thats worth playing.

Mortal Kombat is an absolute joke amongst fighting game fans.
    Its true, among the real competition, no one takes MK more than a game full of gimmicks. Its like FF series, and theres Xenosaga and theres Tales series, but then theres that oddball one out there thats equivalent to FF: Mystic Quest in calibur, and thats MK. No one takes MK seriously as a fighter. Theres a good reason too ;o

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Take the button combos of MK moves.

Projectile attack for an MK character: F,F, Punch

Projectile attack for a Guilty Gear or Street Fighter: D,DF,F Punch

Plus all of the characters behave the same, sure they all have different special moves, but they all walk, run, jump, crouch, block, punch, and kick at the same speed and power. Plus MK has the worst character roster I ever seen, half of the game's cast of characters is a ninja for every colour of the rainbow. WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING A NINJA IF YOU'RE WEARING BRIGHT COLOURS? Unless you're a cream coloured ninja and you wanna steal stuff from Bed Bath and Beyond.

GOGO KOMBAT NINJAS! *theme goes on* New mighty morphin kombat ninjas! o_O; *goes into ninjazord and insert flashy SFX here*

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

if street fighter was a dictator it would have ruled the world........if MK was a dictator it would have ended it..........i go with street fighter.
    :rabite: :luigi: :mario:the day will come....................................(holding the suspense).......

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTaker*
    Yeah they are coming out with a 3rd movie, Mortal Kombat: Devastation its called I think. from what I have read it is supposed to skip over Annihilation because it was such a crappy movie, Christopher Lambert is set to reprise as Raiden, and Quan Chi will be the antagonist.
    I haven't heard of this, but yeah. I wanted to make a movie based on the 3rd DA installment Armageddon. It's shaping up to be the best game in the MK series. Although I really miss the stop-motion-capture pics used in the first three games.
    My thought is that they would treat Annihilation like it happened, because it really did suck:
    Nightwolf: "Do you like that? It's my Animality." Stupidest line EVER!

Anyway, I hope that Devastation is a real movie. Regardless, they'd have to at least mention every character we've seen somehow, but who would you like to see in the movie?

I'd like to see Zombie Liu Kang, Johnny Cage (who isn't dead because Annihilation didn't count), Shao Khan (who isn't dead because Annihilation didn't count), and . . . Scorpion of course! By the way, you notice that every characters name replays "C" with "K" unless it makes a "Ch" yet Scorpion and Johnny Cage are the only ones to whom this tradition doesn't apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    MK has half of the game's cast of characters is a ninja for every colour of the rainbow. WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING A NINJA IF YOU'RE WEARING BRIGHT COLOURS? Unless you're a cream coloured ninja and you wanna steal stuff from Bed Bath and Beyond.
    Actually, most of the ninja have been changed. The only remaining ninja are actually Scorpion and Sub-Zero (and possibly Noob, if you want).
    Reptile is a lizard thing, Ermac is an entity comprised of assorted poltergeists, Rain is a sorcerer, Smoke is a weird smoky cyber-deal.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-19-2006 at 12:15 AM.