Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New final fantasy movie: FF8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamrusepas
    Sounds really interesting. Keep us posted

Will do. I am just in the model design phase, so I dont need the script to be perfect at this time. To kill time, have fun and get some work done, I have begun to work on weapon design. I may have model pictures up this week.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quistis. QUISTIS. QUUUIIIIIIIISTISSSSSS.

Quistis and Xu should be the main characters to the max.

it will begood I know it

How bout we make the move based on some of Future Esthar's theories

lol but then the movie wouldn't be long enough
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks Owen Macwere for my new updated sig!

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kamrusepas
    One word: Seifer.
    Plus Fujin and Raijin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Oath
    How bout we make the move based on some of Future Esthar's theories
    That would be interesting, but the only person who would understand would be F.E

Quote Originally Posted by zbonks
    lol but then the movie wouldn't be long enough
    Well, i dunno, some of them are pretty lengthy, like the one about the year of FF8.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You must have Laguna. The power of Laguna compels you.

Ok, the best bet for a Final Fantasy movie as of now is PREQUEL, not sequel. I was planning on financing a Final Fantasy movie after I got out of college (if I have the means), but if you're thinking about making one, then might I recommend the following:

Unless you're making a direct adaptation of the game, then the movie should be a prequel with Laguna as the central character. It would be in regards to Laguna's life as a soldier, his adventures in Esthar, his friendship with Ward and Kiros, his connection with Raine, etc... This prequel could also discuss the connection between the orphanage and how Squall ended up there. It might also reveal more information about Ultimecia and other mysteries to better explain the Final Fantasy VIII universe and perhaps even create new developments which relate to the game.

If you find that you have don't have the time or resources to make this movie, perhaps the next best thing to do would be to write up a script and pitch it to Square Enix. Who knows? If it's good enough, maybe they'll give it a thought. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

-LYCHON

Quote Originally Posted by Lychon
    Ok, the best bet for a Final Fantasy movie as of now is PREQUEL, not sequel. I was planning on financing a Final Fantasy movie after I got out of college (if I have the means), but if you're thinking about making one, then might I recommend the following:

Unless you're making a direct adaptation of the game, then the movie should be a prequel with Laguna as the central character. It would be in regards to Laguna's life as a soldier, his adventures in Esthar, his friendship with Ward and Kiros, his connection with Raine, etc... This prequel could also discuss the connection between the orphanage and how Squall ended up there. It might also reveal more information about Ultimecia and other mysteries to better explain the Final Fantasy VIII universe and perhaps even create new developments which relate to the game.

If you find that you have don't have the time or resources to make this movie, perhaps the next best thing to do would be to write up a script and pitch it to Square Enix. Who knows? If it's good enough, maybe they'll give it a thought. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

-LYCHON
    I was giving a laguna plot some serious thought, but I recently found out that someone else is doing a laguna story.

Anyways, there are people on other sites who think that making this movie is breaking copyrigth laws. I looked up the laws myself, and I know that I am not breaking any laws, but no matter what I tell them, they wont listen. I am going to make some sort of 30 preview to release, just to close the gigantic mouths of all the doubters.

Thanks for being awesome forum members!

BTW: My other animators had graphics card problems, so I am working alone now. I am releasing the preview, then the diablo story and the movie will be released at once.

Quote Originally Posted by bwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychon

-LYCHON
    I was giving a laguna plot some serious thought, but I recently found out that someone else is doing a laguna story.

Anyways, there are people on other sites who think that making this movie is breaking copyrigth laws. I looked up the laws myself, and I know that I am not breaking any laws, but no matter what I tell them, they wont listen. I am going to make some sort of 30 preview to release, just to close the gigantic mouths of all the doubters.

Thanks for being awesome forum members!

BTW: My other animators had graphics card problems, so I am working alone now. I am releasing the preview, then the diablo story and the movie will be released at once.

when are we gonna get to see the preview?

Quote Originally Posted by muzzer
    when are we gonna get to see the preview?
    I am still modelling, which takes a while. I will release rendered stills in the place of screenshots while everyone waits. Right now I am making a gunblade model for the movie.

I tested out a demi on a character yesterday. They are so hard to animate, what with all the warping! I'll post pictures some time this week. My other animators quit before they even got a chance to be useful. oh, well. More credit for me.

I need help with music. I dont want to use the actual tracks from the game, so could anyone tell me where there are good ff remixes that I can use without getting sued? I checked out newgrounds.com, but they only had a few ff8 songs in their audio portal.

Anyways, there are people on other sites who think that making this movie is breaking copyrigth laws. I looked up the laws myself, and I know that I am not breaking any laws, but no matter what I tell them, they wont listen.
    You're not breaking the copyright law if you don't make any profit with this product.
    You don't hear the symphony I hear...

I need help with music. I dont want to use the actual tracks from the game, so could anyone tell me where there are good ff remixes that I can use without getting sued? I checked out newgrounds.com, but they only had a few ff8 songs in their audio portal.
    Check out over clocked remix.