Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New final fantasy movie: FF8.

Default New final fantasy movie: FF8.

Me and some other people online are planning on making a final fantasy 8 movie. It will be full CGI, like advent children, but it will only be an hour long. We arent exactly sure what is going to happen at this point, but all we have agreed on for sure is that squall wont be the main character. His story is complete. No point ruining it.

We plan on following some other SeeDs, but we dont have a script down for sure yet. We have been asking people online what they would like in a FF8 movie. What would you like?

Please Note: Your Ideas do not have to be limited to the storyline of FF8, but we do want to see some similar locations.

Plenty of people are helping with this project. If you want to help, dowload blender at www.blender.org (3D animation Software)
    Last edited by bwave; 03-25-2006 at 06:40 PM.

I have been thinking of this topic and I was thinking about making it like 50 years into the future where Squall is the new headmaster of Garden. Him and RInoa have 2 children training to be SeeDs named Laguna and Julia. Then one day there are news reports a new scorceress. With their parent's help Laguna and Julia have to stop the new Scoreress.

EDIT: Also since the end of FF8 there are now Gardens all over the world Esthar Garden being the biggest. (Squall is headmaster of Esthar Garden)
    Last edited by PresZidane; 03-25-2006 at 07:18 PM.
    [leeza]At 204 kb, this is way over our 50 kb filesize limit. It's also way over the 250 pixel height limit. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

all neon like

it'd be interesting to see something like SeeDs working to rebuild Trabia Garden. Maybe Selphie, Irvine, Zell, and some of Selphie's Trabie friends could be main characters. i dunno what could be a plot, though...

LOVE♥SHINE

Update: After checking all the forums I posted this on, there are two things that people wanted most:

either
    1 A movie devoted to laguna.
    or
    2 A movie about SeeDs other than the main characters from FFVIII

The second one seems to be more in demand. Most of the people I spoke to thought that since the game was so good, then a sequel has the possibility to ruin it. A few thought that a prequel might have the same effect.

I have decided that the story will be about a SeeD (Or Group of SeeDs) from balamb garden. Most seemed to want this garden, because it would give many opportunities for side-stories related to the main storyline, without having to make the main characters from the game deviate from their original storylines.

Many story Ideas have passed through my hands, from many different people. If you have one that you think would be cool, feel free to say it. All ideas are considered.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I imagine GF's will be playing their role in this Got plans to add new GF's or use some familiar ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

make a movie about zidane, cloud, and squall meeting up; make it a movie before 9 since the final sequence mentioned both of the others.

One word: Seifer.
    You don't hear the symphony I hear...

You're 15 and you are planning on making an hour long CGI movie?

I think you might want to set your sights a little lower, like maybe a fan-fiction or something...

Quote Originally Posted by The Devourer Of Worlds
    You're 15 and you are planning on making an hour long CGI movie?

I think you might want to set your sights a little lower, like maybe a fan-fiction or something...
    Why on earth would I make a fan fic, when I can make a CGI movie? I have take courses on 3d animation, 3d computer design, 2d animation, and computer programming (Python language, which is the core language of blender, the software I use). I am doing most of the technical work, but I am not alone.

Being 15 years old plays absolutely no factor in whether or not I will be able to make a movie. I am not claiming that my movie will be as good as Advent children, but lets face the facts: Square is not making a FFVIII movie, So I might as well do it. True, the movie will take some time, as all do, but it will be worth the wait.

Update: My friend (The only animator that I have actually met in person) is working on two short film tie-ins. Sorry, but his computer is offline. He just uses it for animation. If I can get my USB drive of to his house soon, then I can transport and upload some rough models of the main characters in his story some time this week.

For reference: The first part of the animation process is to create models of characters and props (Swords, guns, etc.). Then you 'rig' them with bones, and connect the bones to their proper surroundings. Then you add skin, and textures. Then you add environments, then animate the characters. Then add lights in their proper places, and move the camera to it proper spot for each scene.

Why am I telling you this? Well, I just thought it would be nice for you all to know why I will only be able to upload pictures of characters for a while. Remember: I'm still just planning, so If you have any original characters designs, feel free to post them.

Good luck then if you decide to go ahead 100% with this. My boyfriend did computer animation for awhile at Uni and found it difficult and of course time consuming. If you achieve this at your age, Im sure any computer animation course in any college or Uni would be happy to take you on board. Its great to see the younger generation focusing on something productive instead of getting rat arsed every Friday evening

Wow I wish you good luck in making the movie. If this works out, then YAAAAAAAY!!

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

Thanks for the nice response. There were a few people on the other forums I posted this on who didnt like the idea. They werent mature enough to understand that they didnt have to watch it if they didnt want to.

I will keep you posted with pictures, models, wirframes, and more, once it gets more complete.

EDIT: My friend is working on a short film in addition to helping with this one. He told me that it involves the origins of the lamp, and how Cid came to posess it. It seems interesting, to say the very least.

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

if you make it put seifer in it plleeeeaaaseee
    Who needs a signature I DON'T >(

I have Dissidia, be jealous!

Sounds really interesting. Keep us posted
    You don't hear the symphony I hear...

Blog Entries

Seifer's story has always seemed pretty cool to me.