Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What did you think about Sailor Moon?

Does anyone from the UK know where I can purchase the manga? Ebay have next to nothing and Amazon are too expensive for me. I'd rather pay Ł6 for the novel there and then, not adding an extra Ł2 on top and waiting afew days.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    When it was translated over to England (And dubbed to America..uhhh ) Only the FEMALE version was done, I don't know why that was in America but in England it's because it was the 80s and being gay wasn't stictly "normal" yet...
    The 80s? The show didn't exist until 1992, and it wasn't dubbed into English until 1995.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I mean the origanal. I have veideos of it made in 80s

And I'm talking about the translated version not dubbbed
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 03-28-2006 at 02:58 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, that makes sense.

Blog Entries

For thoese who don't know

Dubbed = when it get's changed i.e. the American versions.

Tranlated is the exact same scripts of the japanese versipn the only thing that changes is the names sometimes. to give them more internatinal which makes sense. Although sometimes they use there JPN names.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    Zoecite was a dude in the anime also, it is just they change him to a girl in the dubbed.
    That's only half true.

There are TWO japanese versions one (The first) had him as a man (And Gay) the 2nd she was a GIRL (And Straight). These to versions were made in japan to give people a choice of how they wanted it to be I know this because I have seen for my self.
    No, that isnt true in the least. Zoicite is a man in the anime. He was never a girl in ANY Japanese version. I have proof, and I know you dont, so please dont spread utterly ridiculous rumors.

The Japanese didnt give two whits about Zoicite and Kunzite being homosexuals. Its a recurring theme in the anime.

edit: A few facts for those of you who dont know.

Zoicite has been a male in all original versions. In the manga, in the anime, and in the live action. In the anime he is voiced by Keiichi Nanba (also note that there are NO other credits this character, only ONE voice actor, which is proof enough), the same seiyuu also voices Umino (Melvin). In the live action he is played by Yosh<i></i>ito Endoh.

Zoicite is one of the shiitenou... which roughly means 'Four Heavenly Kings'. They are something of a mirror to the four female Inner Senshi... and of course, the shiitenou are all male.

The only times Zoicite is seen as a 'female' are in various dubs for other countries. In all these, he still retains his flat chest... he's simply an extremely feminine looking man, and the dubs use the easy route and give him a female voice.

Oh, there is one instance where Zoicite appears as a female... when he dresses up as Sailormoon in order to trick Tuxedo Mask. However, he doesnt 'become' a female in the least, he just uses his feminine appearance and a pretty costume.

He/she wasn't "flat" in the version I saw. And I have on video a japanese version where SHE LOOKS FEMALE, and one where HE LOOKS MALE

<b>Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.</b>

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Please understand that your claims are outlandish and your <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1297099&postcount=8">credibility</a> <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1329275&postcount=86">is</a> <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1445201&postcount=21">zilch</a>.

I got confused when you started talking about the videos from the 80s cause I thought it was only released in 1992. I really need to get some serious Sailor Moon reading done.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Zocite was always male. If you saw a version that was in Japanese where he had boobs, it was fan edited in some way. Even in the ADV set he's male.

And yes, despite what some people seem to think (probably because of the first season's animation), Sailor Moon is from the 90s, not the 80s.
    I like Kung-Fu.

i used to love it was like my first anime i still have the tapes and dvd's and magna, and kid_cronocrossrocks that tape was called black dream hole and you can borrow it next time i go to your house i dont care

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Black Dream Hole is the movie out of the three I really, really didn't care for. So of course it ended up having the prettiest animation in all of Sailor Moon.

Well, aside of the Eternal Sailor Moon attacks and transformations in the fifth season.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Please understand that your claims are outlandish and your <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1297099&postcount=8">credibility</a> <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1329275&postcount=86">is</a> <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1445201&postcount=21">zilch</a>.
    Kishi, "Credebility" and Zilch" went to the same topics...

I'll stop for now *I* know I saw these shows but as I can't prove this YET I'll put this on hold along with the "All FFs are connected" stuff.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I just started re-watching the first season after like...easily 10 years of not seeing a single ep. I was about five or six when the dub came on the station YTV and they played it through to the end of the second season (i think that one...with the Doom Tree?) and it was the first anime I ever watched. Two days ago I started watching subs on YouTube and found out that there are a few episodes that were never dubbed.

"I'll Punish You! The Fortune-Telling House is a Youma's Mansion!", the second episode, was never dubbed and brought over seas, so I thought the second episode was the Love Talk radio one...which is really the third.

So yeah, I really like sailor moon and it's one of (if not my all time) favourite anime shows, i'm now intrigued to find some of the manga since it sounds so much better than the subs./dubs./

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong but episode 4 "Usagi Teaches! How to be Slim!" was never dubbed either...or am I just unable to remember this ep?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

How can Sailor Moon have existed in the 80s when Codename: Sailor V was only written in '91? To make my point clearer, the idea for the anime was birth of Codename: Sailor V which Naoko Takeuchi then expanded to give birth to BSSM. This was only in '91, therefore it is inconceivable that there was any sort of Sailor Moon stuff before this date. You cannot have stuff about Sailor Moon, before the show and manga were even conceived.

The Summoner of Leviathan is so full of Sailor Moon wisdom

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    The Summoner of Leviathan is so full of Sailor Moon wisdom
    I had to check the dates on Wikipedia though...I was not too sure about when it was release though I knew it was in the 90s.