Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst anime you've ever seen?

Now, I'm not giving creds to FMA's repeditivity.
    I'm giving it the creds that it is a satire that people can't seem to see.
    Based on the ideals of using religious propaganda in a government already corrurpted by power. It did have it's kiddish times, but I have yet to see an anime that would go off about compressing the oxygen in the air to create a spark with a hydrogen atom to create a blast.
    I'm the cocky b**tard that laughs at the people who find it only about alchemy and -just- to get the philosphers stone. Because they are to blind to see the satirical side of it.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Since when is FMA kiddish? Who said that? They obviously haven't seen the whole thing...

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The "kiddish" aspect of FMA comes in with the attempt at humor. Ed flying off the handle into a superdeformed fangy-face every time someone mentions his size, etc.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I forgot about Ninja Ressurection. It was so bad it got cancelled after two episodes, before a story could even be established.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most anime does have that humorous aspect, and while a lot of people enjoy it it can get old. Be that as it may I find FMA to be on the whole an excellent anime with a great deal of good plot behind it.

As far as worst anime, let's see... we were watching an anime awhile back for the ADV Advocates (they send us a free DVD with a few episodes and a crapload of trailers every month) and while the anime appeared to have some sort of plot, it was hard to focus on the plot because they completely overdid the breasts. There were way too many females in the area and all of the females had breasts that were impossibly large, even by the standards of many anime. They also jiggled unrealistically and grotesquely whenever they moved.

So yes. That was bad.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

english dubbing for guilty gear.... I think even the female voices were duded.

The Rabid Wolverine. Amarant Odinson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    It's impossible to say. The vast majority of anime is irredeemable garbage.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    WRESTLING:
    In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

To say the vast majority of anime is garbage would mean you've seen the vast majority of anime, which I doubt with series' as long as DBZ, Doremon, GTO, ect. Not that I'm saying you're wrong or anything.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    If InuYasha is the worst anime you've ever seen, consider yourself lucky.

For all the raves and praises and demands to see it I had thrown in my face over it, I'd have to say Neon Genesis Evangelion, even though Neon Genesis Evangelion is not a bad anime (and worth sitting through just to see The End of Evangelion alone). It's just terrible in comparison to all the praise it gets.
    I ahven't seen it but from what I've seen it bores the hell out of me.

Yep, I wouldnt say that Neon Evangelion is bad, since alot of people like it, just not my cup of tea. The ending is way to trippy for me, I cant take all the screaming, it hurts my ears. THe worst anime ever to me, has to be that Tenchi Muyo crap.

Zatch Bell- Grown men playing with dolls

FMA takes a close second

Zatch Bell, Bobobobobobob (or however you spell it), Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, english dubbing of Naruto (they took out all the good parts! ), and probably inuyasha (it's an ok show even though it's a little boring)
    :kaobeg2:

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by angel of darkness12
    Zatch Bell, Bobobobobobob (or however you spell it), Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, english dubbing of Naruto (they took out all the good parts! ), and probably inuyasha (it's an ok show even though it's a little boring)
    Though that may be attributed to the low quality of english voice dubs. I will say that Yu-Gi-Oh! and Naruto are extremely awesome in the Japanese versions.

At least I'm not the only one who Despises FLCL. Though I seem to be alone in my love of Bo bo bo. I will join in with the Hate of Fist of the North Star to. Also I'll diss out some hatefullness at Full Metal Panic and Gundam Seed.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    At least I'm not the only one who Despises FLCL. Though I seem to be alone in my love of Bo bo bo. I will join in with the Hate of Fist of the North Star to. Also I'll diss out some hatefullness at Full Metal Panic and Gundam Seed.
    It's kinda funny that you dislike FLCL, but like Bobobo. Since they're both random and what-not. Meh.