Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Most hated monster

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat
    The potion vendor in the original NES version, for making me buy 99 potions one at a time. He's an enemy to efficiency.
    If you play the emulator version, you could just place something on the Auto-Fire A Button; that's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20
    If you play the emulator version, you could just place something on the Auto-Fire A Button; that's what I did.
    I just manned-up and bought the PS Origins version, instead. Dash + No more 'ineffective' attacks + mass-purchasing potions = Yay.

Thanks for the tip, though.

Geists/Ghouls, Creeps, any wolves and any enemy that can poison you. Encountering an army of geists with the dreaded "monsters strike first" is enough to make me just shut down my PC and go to bed crying after spending 2 hours in a dungeon only to succumb to puny zombies.

i hate the scorpions in the begining, the deal soooo much to a biggining party and they poison =( its really annoying when one of my mages gets hit once and there down then my fighter gets hit and there goes most of his health and to really rub some salt in, hes poisoned!

duh. warmech
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still haven't beaten that mechanical SoB. Well, the problem may be that I can never encounter him, but even so...

Perhaps malboros...
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

There were malboros in FF1?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Marlboros first appeared in Final Fantasy II.

Blog Entries

The Snow (White?) Dragons. I always run away like a little child whenever I encounter them. And the Mind Flares. <<

And Ogres, just because for about an hour outside Elfland that's pretty much all you fight until you're strong enough to fight at cheater's penninsula.

where abouts is that? ive only got so far as to blow up the canal passageway. (Lv.12 character levels)

Nothing really annoying as yet. it used to be poisonous things, but i quickly learned i had to buy antidotes (Friggin marsh cave). Ogres are good gil! (until you get mystic key). Basically just enemies that dont give a lot reward, Gigas Worms, Crawlers, Wolves, Lizards. At least wraiths give good gil.

With thanks to Owen Macwere

check out- http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFCSG/index.php?act=idx

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

Adamanties, or whatever there called. They only give 1 gill per battle and are strong against physical attacks.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I hate Sorcerers/Mind Flayers. If they ambush your party, they'll most likely use their paralyze attack on everyone, and then they keep poking the party members for 1-2 damage that randomly causes instant death. Mages in the Ice Cave are another nightmare. When they ambush you, they'll kill everyone with Fire3 and Bane/Poison before you get a single turn (it has happened to me!).

Ghosts in the Sea Shrine are also quite annoying. They appear in groups of 3-5, they often ambush you and their attacks do a load of damage. 9 undead monsters with paralyzing capabilities and ambushing the party also annoys me. Clearly, I don't like being ambushed. WarMech is also a bit annoying in the PSX version because he's turned into WarChicken (he doesn't dare to face your party when you want to run into him).
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I had trouble against that Ahriman thing in the cave... I don't think I've beaten it yet! And all those other three monsters just come back after you kill 'em so this ahriman must be the one to kill... And I can't do it!!
    jkhkjg

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I had trouble against that Ahriman thing in the cave... I don't think I've beaten it yet! And all those other three monsters just come back after you kill 'em so this ahriman must be the one to kill... And I can't do it!!
    They all come back. You can beat any of the SoC bosses as many times as you want. And if you're having trouble with Ahriman, you're gonna looooove Shinryu and Omega.