Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Most hated monster

Man I totally thought this said "Most hated member" and started wondering who let Kishi get away with moving such a thread to this forum.

Warmech was easy. Shinryu took me days to beat.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Those damned enemies that paralayze your entire party, and then commence to slowly beating your party down further and further into oblivion with petty attacks that constantly paralyze you...

Curses...

/agree with the 99 potions from potion vendor thing. Takes forever.

#1 most hated enemy for me: ASTOS. He deserves some kiddy venting:
    OMFG ThAt j00bAG N HiS FaRkKInG 1 HiT Ko HiTs ArGhHhHHHHhHHhhHH

reason? My single character challenge 1 thief game. The best wep the thief can equip at that point blows, hard. I was level 26 when I put that game aside (that's practically the end of the game for a normal party ffs) and he STILL owned the crap out of me. His slow thing totally owns my thief. At level 26 I finally got where I'd do like 3 hits for about 11 damage total, but as soon as he slows (which he does quite often), it's back to 1 hit for 1 damage. He has like 116 hp or something..... Would survive his hits easily except for F***ING RUB. I can get past the first one like once every 10 tries, but the second one, which always comes up about 3-4 attacks max later, gets me. I wonder if this is even gonna be possible at FIFTY.

I mean come on, I've got max 99 of every item and 32k gold or something at this point from all the damn ogres I've killed. It's getting harder to level because they all run away now. Can't kill cheaters peninsula yet though, maybe at 30. :/

------

With a normal game? The paralyzing monsters in the ice cave. Sorcerors/Mind flayers or w/e. My other game that I've finished was a single knight game, so the same probs with paralyzing/1 hit-KOing were there.
    <----Old Fogey

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mind Flayers. I hate them with all my heart.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I forget what they are called, but those god dam frickin frogs wrecked my head.. so uh, them

Str8 Pimpin'

Warmech is a 1/64 battle rate, but on the NES you were guaranteed to fight a warmech within 64 battles because the game cycled through random encounter lists. I don't think much of anything was totally random in FF1 - it was all scripted lists - even enemy behavior. In later FF1s random encounters got totally randomized, so he hardly ever appears.

My least favorite enemy are the undead that cause paralysis. It seems to proc horribly often.

war mech was easy when i fought it but it killed my red wizard twice and i had to waste the white mage's turn to cast life on the red wizard ( I messed up and gave the red wizard curaga instead of the white wizard lol) but after my knight used giants gloves and the black mage finally casted haste on him (I really could've used a ninja...) he was hitting around 1200.The white wizard casted healaja every turn and after that i was fine. But I hate shinryu with all my heart. Cerberus was a pain in the ass when I first went into earthgift shrine after the marilith fight, but now he's down in one or two hits lol. Other than that the only things that bothered me were the ghosts and the piscodemons/mindflayers.
    Last edited by deek the noob; 08-03-2006 at 05:25 AM.

Default grr

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Ghast and other zombies that could paralyze. Especially when there is 6-9 of them and the entire party is paralyzed. All you can do is sit there and watch the hero's fall one by one. Hate those things.
    i absolutely agree i hate them so much all that happened last night and all i could do was watch

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did plug in my NES a week or so ago to try out WarMech, I did beat him (Only Knight left alive...), but what's really wierd is that I ALWAYS encounter him on the way to Tiamat. I can walk up there right now and I'd run into him as one of the encounters. I don't know if this has to do with it being scripted or not, but it's really bugging the hell out of me.

Anyway, still hate those damn Mind Flayers.

'lol ur paralyzsed'

'rofl i hit you and now ur dead'

'stfu n00b roflmaolololo!!11111one'

>_L;

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

so far, it's wizards because you can't freaking run from them and it gets old and eventually you just don't have any more lit2 >:[

Most hated Monster In FFI has always been Mind Flayers. But NOTHING In FFI Is as annoying as Death Riders or Imps In FFII. There my Most Hated of all FF Monsters.

Default grrr zombiez

i hate anything to do wit zombies whether its a ghoul, ghast, zombie, or tht revenant thing or a shadow wraith etc i want em all dead to hell
    anywayz peace out ya'll

oh wait they are dead
    my bad

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

9 ghouls/ghasts with enemy strikes first
    ...Geddit?

Any monster on the cart for FF1 on NES. When I used to play that game ages ago, like when i was 3 or 4 I never really noticed that you had to equip your items, so going through the game naked with awesome stuff in your inventory is painful.

Also, Omega. Took like 6 tries, and my people were at lv 70s or 80s. And each try took like an hour before he would kill me...

And btw Chaos is a weakling and so is Shinryu. Omega is teh shiznat!

I got shinryu on the first pass, and Chaos can be killed in one full attack round if I take the time and prepare in the battle. I tend to use the classic fighter, black belt, white mage, black mage combo team that kills all. Best party of all time in my opinion. and unless you are using a solo black belt, chaos is easy.
    The Unending Swarm, Hive Fleets Behemoth, Kraken, And Leviathan, And The Countless Others Drifting In The Void Are Only The Beginning Of The End For The Imperials. Their Arrogance, Their Taint Upon The Multiverse, And The Fall Of Their False God, The Emperor, Are All Coming Far Sooner Than They Would Ever Expect. Let The Tyranids, Truly Superior Beings, Bring Their Doom. Let Them Find Their Doom In The Form Of Clawed Talons And Serrated Teeth. The Fools Shan't Be Missed.

Which FF Character Are You?