Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Most hated monster

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Most hated monster

So what's yours? Don't tell me you don't have one. FFI and II had those annoying, frustrating enemies you hated to run into. I hated running into those Mind Flayer pallette swaps in the Ice Cavern. Grr...

"We'll attack you! Now you're paralyzed! Let's attack again! Instant death!"

I still don't see how it works. Is that just an effect added into their attack?

Oh well. What's your most hated FFI enemy?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Anything poisonous. For whatever reason, enemies with petrification or instant death attacks have never inconvenienced me.

White Dragons, Green Dragons, and Dark Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Anything poisonous.
    I was always too lazy to get anything that cured poison, so yeah...they were a pain. I also would try and make sure all my charicters leveled up at the same time. So if any of my chaicters died in a fight and I didn't revive them before it was over I would have to restart. I can't remember the name of the monster (dark prince guy?) but he would always 1-shot one of your guys right before he died. That was a pain. I re-did the encounter maybe 20 times untill he finaly didn't do it.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I don't recall what it was, but it petrified me in the heart of a dungeon and i had nothing to unpetrify him. By the time i got out and found my way to a town, that character had fallen so behind on levels... grrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

I hate the really rare monsters, mainly for Bestiary purposes

But yeah, I hate poisonous things at the start of the game, and Dragons for those breath attacks

BTW if anyone dies, I run back to the nearest town runing from all battles, I hate EXP lags between characters

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    I hated running into those Mind Flayer pallette swaps in the Ice Cavern. Grr...

"We'll attack you! Now you're paralyzed! Let's attack again! Instant death!"
    Oh yeah!I hate them too.
    He owes allegiance to no one, and will do anything for money.He comes and goes like the wind

I just need enough to feed my dog, say about 3000 gil

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Those stupid anklyosauros looking guys in the desert that take forever to kill and don't give you much for it. The tans ones and the red ones.

I hate and kill them all equally!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

warmech. the thing never shows up. the reason i dislike him is that ive been on the bridge where you fight him for over 1/2 an hour and warmech still hasnt shown.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Ghast and other zombies that could paralyze. Especially when there is 6-9 of them and the entire party is paralyzed. All you can do is sit there and watch the hero's fall one by one. Hate those things.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TasteyPies
    I was always too lazy to get anything that cured poison, so yeah...they were a pain. I also would try and make sure all my charicters leveled up at the same time. So if any of my chaicters died in a fight and I didn't revive them before it was over I would have to restart. I can't remember the name of the monster (dark prince guy?) but he would always 1-shot one of your guys right before he died. That was a pain. I re-did the encounter maybe 20 times untill he finaly didn't do it.
    I agree with all of the above, but I will add that I hate Cockatrices with a passion.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Anything poisonous. Also For whatever reason, enemies with petrification or instant death attacks have never inconvenienced me.
    And Ogres, just because for about an hour outside Elfland that's pretty much all you fight until you're strong enough to fight at cheater's penninsula.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Barreta.

And I agree, Warmech NEVER shows up.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's funny, because on my NES version, he always appears when I'm going to Tiamat, but he'll never, ever appear on DoS.