View Poll Results: square enix takes it too far 7-2 10-2 what is next 8-2!? and 6-2 !?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

18 19.35%
  • no

28 30.11%
  • No matter what I will be suckered into playing 10-2 7-2 and even 8 and 6 -1 (2) of they make it....

47 50.54%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Square taking it too far?

Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy:_Legends_of_the_Crystals
    Linaly discovers that her magic abilities are channeled through her undergarments
    .....lol

An excellent point was made in this thread. As long as they continue to work on the main projects, I see no harm in bringing out these side sequels and projects.

Articles

I voted "no"... although I'm a bit more divided then that.

Firstly, I like X2. A lot. Although it wasnt perfect, but still fun.

Secondly, I'm starting to think that yes, they are going overboard with all the FFVII spin offs. Although now that I've played the game, I'm really looking forward to DoC if only because it stars Vincent and he may very well be my favourite FFVII character. So I'm gonna be suckered into playing it. The movies don't quite bug me so much (even though they weren't that good, imo).

That being said, as long as they make the new FF games of high quality then I guess it really doesn't matter that much. Although I hope they put plenty of effort into all these spin offs, too, or it will just look like they're milking FFVII for all its worth. As much as I love X2, let's face it - they certainly didn't spend the amount of time and effort on it that they would on a normal FF game.

Also, I don't think there would be much need to sequal any of the others.... unless they ended openly.. but I don't know because I have not played them all.

Sequals didn't NEED to be made, certainly. Yes, I wouldn't cry if X2 wasn't made, despite how much I liked it - I think it had a positive and negative impact on the role of females in future FF games, though.

Whatever. Not much we can do about it. So long as they're good games.
    ~Kalinda~
    My Journal
    andontie.NET

Meet the Tonberry - The TRUE Face of EVAAL!

Favourite FFs: 1.FFVI 2.FFVII 3.FFX 4.FFIX 5.FFX-2 6.FFVIII
    Haven't played the others yet, working on it :P

I think everyone pissed and moaned that they wanted to see sequels and remakes and now that they are getting them they are pissing and moaning about it.

X-2 sucked, and no matter how many sequels come out for 7, they will own you all. I'm done here...

I didn't really care for Final Fantasy X-2 from what I played. Advent Children was a very well done movie in my opinion, and I have already reserved a copy of Dirge of Cerberus. I highly doubt that square would do something as dumb as making a VI-2 or a VIII-2, but sadly if they made it I'd probably buy it because its another Final Fantasy... and I like gunblades. Anyway, from what I saw, VI and VIII left nothing to be desired at the end, everything was wrapped up rather nicely. With VII it left you with a rather suspenceful end, as did X, so sequels worked with those.

Ego tolero nullus ruta.

I want to see a sequel to VIII just because I hate saving the world and developing my characters just to never see them again. I worked hard to watch Squall quit being a selfish prickface and declare his love for Rinoa, and now I want a sequel just so I can watch them be all lovey-dovey together :laughing: Mmm an action sequel like DoC, real-time gunblade wielding ^_^

I am a guy and I loved X-2 (although X was alot better). Anyway I will be getting FF7 DoC, because I liked that world and wanted to see how it turned after the Original Game and AC. But all these other FF7 titles I think is little bit overkill. But if they did make a sequel to FF8, I defently buy it because its my favorite FF game of all time. And like the above poster said about Squall, I whole heartedly agree. I want to see how the coupled has fared and I would like to revisit some places.
    If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

i love SE...i have a faith in SE...and i love sequel...i think SE should make sequel of parasite eve 2...

FFDOC isnt really a 7-2. More of a deeper story of a side character. In my opinion if they make the game good, then they arent taking it to far, but if its anything less than perfect then there definately just making FF DOC for cheap cash

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

I honestly really don't care, if they make a sequel, great, another final fantasy game which continues off a story line and characters I'm familiar with.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Square take something too far? You're too late, they started Compilation of FFVII already.

i like all the compilations and all but i really don't think they needed all of those ff7 compilations...a little too much because i heard DoC is not getting great reviews ....but advent children was definitely great to watch before crisis gave us a lot of info...crisis core..looks good but is it absolutely needed??

im sure a lot of you would object. infact, im really looking forward to these games but i just think the other games deserve more too

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Of course they arent neccesary. Making VII in the first place wasnt 'needed'. The games, and their story expansions, are just to make cash and to please the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay
    im sure a lot of you would object. infact, im really looking forward to these games but i just think the other games deserve more too
    Like FF9.