Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you spoiled or not?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Are you spoiled or not?

Well, I know I'm not spoiled, and I would like to thank my parents for not spoiling me. God, spoiled children are the worst kind, they expect everything to be given to them. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHH. I'm not made of money, so I can't give them want they want. There are these two kids, and they already have a smurfing XBox 360, and not only that, but they sometimes disrespect their father. I am so glad I am not like that. Back when I was younger, I couldn't get what I wanted, so I had to wait for a special occasion to get them, either on my birthday or during Christmas. Well, now that I work, and got some money, I just buy what I want/need rather than asking my parents to get them. Getting spoiled at such a young age isn't a good thing in my opinion. Often times, the kids will expect too much from you, and will become grumpy if not satisfied.
    >_<

Anyway, enough about that. Are you or someone (relative or not) you know spoiled?

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I wasn't really spoiled at all, but it's not like my parents gave me nothing.

My brother (of a different mother) is pretty spoiled, and when he comes to visit he can be a little snobby and act up and be rude to my father. It's sad.

He's only 7 though, I hope he grows out of it!

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

My parents say me and my brother are spoiled because "YOU ALWAYS HAVE FOOD ON THE TABLE, AND A WARM HOUSE"

Im the same as you Proto, I have to wait till Christmas/Birthday until I get anything from my parents except the occaisional T Shirt or things like that. I buy my own CD's, I pay for the cinema myself and things like that.
    But how can I buy anything with £4 a week? Yes. £4! And I do Chores for that crappy amount, you can't buy anything with £4 So thats why I only own like, 7 albums because I can't afford them and Mum won't let me be a Papergirl ;___; "Your a GIRL. A GIRL, AMY, A GIRL. ITS NOT SAFE"

I was before my brother was born, so I was spoilt rotten for 7 years. Its not having a good effect on me cause I still act spoilt and want my own way of the time and anything I see, I want.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, I think I have been. Though, over the past few years, I've tried to make myself a bit more independent from my parents, money-wise, so that I don't feel like I'm such a financial burden on them. They're willing to provide a lot for me, but I try not to take too much advantage of it - I don't want to become a leech to them when I have to live on my own.

Blog Entries

No. I wouldn't consider myself spoiled. My sister, however, is very spoiled. I don't envy her for it, simply because I don't think it's a good thing to be spoiled. Most often, spoiled kids grow up to become selfish people who doesn't have a concept of what sharing means. I'm perfectly happy as I am.

All my friends say I am, so I guess its the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    I was before my brother was born, so I was spoilt rotten for 7 years. Its not having a good effect on me cause I still act spoilt and want my own way of the time and anything I see, I want.
    I always think of stuff like that. Like, what would my life be like if my brother wasn't born?

I can only assume it would be better.

I was spoiled.. When we made 6-figures a year back in the 90's.
    And now I'm not, because we make barely anything.
    I saved myself from being spoiled, by going from rich to poor.
    And I have what I want, now all I want are things that are sentimental, Not materialistic. (Omgz0rz! I'm so freakin' greedy and yet I want somthing other then Money-type things?!?1!?!?!??!=OOOOONahahah*L00z3r n00b Mom3nt)

<3.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy
    Mum won't let me be a Papergirl ;___; "Your a GIRL. A GIRL, AMY, A GIRL. ITS NOT SAFE"
    You could always apply for a Saturday job in a hairdressers.

No, I'm not spoiled. I've always understood that things don't come for free and I've always really appreciated it when my parents buy me something. I don't get things whenever I want, but I don't expect to either.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

But how can I buy anything with £4 a week? Yes. £4! And I do Chores for that crappy amount, you can't buy anything with £4
    Shush Amy. I get £10 a month. Don't complain.

Anyway, I don't think I'm spoiled, I hope to think I'm not spoiled. If I want something, I have to buy it myself. Unless it's clothes or for school or something.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm spoiled alright. I'm three weeks past my use-by-date. :laugh: :chuckle: :laughing:

I have a long and fruitful career as a joke book writer ahead of me.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Mum won't let me be a Papergirl ;___; "Your a GIRL. A GIRL, AMY, A GIRL. ITS NOT SAFE"
    You could always apply for a Saturday job in a hairdressers.
    And put my hands through people's manky hair? Ew no thanks >_>
    Besides, I can hardly plait my own hair nevermind other peoples.

Shauna, do you do chores for it though? I have to do Dishes and cup of tea's throughout the day, every day ;_; and not moan or be cheeky. On weekends I have to tidy my room, its amazing how in 7 days my room goes from spotless to an absoloute mess

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I wasn't particularly spoiled, but being an only-child I did tend to get more than most people would.
    There is no signature here. Move along.